Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th September 2012, 17:27   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Maruti Ritz Vdi @ 51000 kms

Anand,

If your suspension just started bottoming out (and didn't earlier), that means you are running on worn out components. A stock suspension anyway has a life of 40 - 50K kms on Indian roads. You might want to check the condition of your dampers etc.

If it's been bottoming out even when new, check out my thread on coil spring adjusters. Simple, cheap & effective fix for rear suspensions.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anand,

If your suspension just started bottoming out (and didn't earlier), that means you are running on worn out components. A stock suspension anyway has a life of 40 - 50K kms on Indian roads. You might want to check the condition of your dampers etc.

If it's been bottoming out even when new, check out my thread on coil spring adjusters. Simple, cheap & effective fix for rear suspensions.

Thanks GTO! Will get it checked asap.
I was also thinking if it is time to replace suspension components , then why not go in for something sportier. I aint going to buy a new car in the next couple of years, so might as well try to make my present ride better!!

I will surely check out your thread for tips

BTW I feel elated after getting your reply in one of my threads!!
Anandv267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 12:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
Thanks GTO! Will get it checked asap.
I was also thinking if it is time to replace suspension components , then why not go in for something sportier. I aint going to buy a new car in the next couple of years, so might as well try to make my present ride better!!

I will surely check out your thread for tips

BTW I feel elated after getting your reply in one of my threads!!
Hey,

Did you get the Suspension part checked up for upgrade/ replacement. I was also considering it for my Ritz Vxi, she has also crossed 54K on odo and the suspension just pass on all their experiences to us seating inside especially on the back seats. Would like to know your experience if you changed or got some repairs done. Thanks.
nacd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 23:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacd80 View Post
Hey,

Did you get the Suspension part checked up for upgrade/ replacement. I was also considering it for my Ritz Vxi, she has also crossed 54K on odo and the suspension just pass on all their experiences to us seating inside especially on the back seats. Would like to know your experience if you changed or got some repairs done. Thanks.
Hi nacd80,

I am currently in Canada and the car is being used by my parents. The car was running on the original suspension components till sometime back. At that time when i had made that post a simple service revealed that the suspension was in good condition.

Anyways coming back to the point. The suspension components were changed sometime back at MASS. Not sure how much it cost. All i know is that it was a complete suspension overhaul. According to my driver the car is much more stiffer and fun to drive and my parents hate this. They liked the busted suspension it seems :P.
Anandv267 is offline   Reply With Quote