Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 16:06   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 69
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
One thing is certain that I will not be going in for Goodyears. Apollo Accelere's are something I might opt for. No fancy rubber for this car. Any one wth some suggestions . How are MRF tyres in terms of grip, noise and durability.

Rajneesh,
While Acceleres are the best among the desi brands with good grip and soft compound, it wears pretty fast. I am doubtful that my tyre without uneven wear will last beyond 35k. Maybe even less.

Take a good look at Michelins, Bridgestone and Yoko's before you settle for any desi brands.
itsgeox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 19:56   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

My acceleres lasted only 30K. I changed to xm1+. have done 40k km on them now and looks like they would last another 20k unless i get a cut/sidewall damage. The tyres hug on to the road and is brilliant on wet roads. However it tends to skid on hard braking if there is sand on the road.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 17:46   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
Rajneesh,
While Acceleres are the best among the desi brands with good grip and soft compound, it wears pretty fast. I am doubtful that my tyre without uneven wear will last beyond 35k. Maybe even less.

Take a good look at Michelins, Bridgestone and Yoko's before you settle for any desi brands.
Thanks Itsgeox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
My acceleres lasted only 30K. I changed to xm1+. have done 40k km on them now and looks like they would last another 20k unless i get a cut/sidewall damage. The tyres hug on to the road and is brilliant on wet roads. However it tends to skid on hard braking if there is sand on the road.
Thanks Gemithomas. How much did your XM1+ cost and did you go for the standard size or did you upsize. XM1+ are from Michelin if I am not mistaken.

Any feedback on MRF Tyres from any one?
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 12:17   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Thanks Itsgeox



Thanks Gemithomas. How much did your XM1+ cost and did you go for the standard size or did you upsize. XM1+ are from Michelin if I am not mistaken.

Any feedback on MRF Tyres from any one?
Yes. It is Michelin XM1+. I got mine at 4700 per piece. But i guess now it would cost around 5K or above. Though they are highly priced they are worth it is what i have felt. The only grouse being it wont hold on to hits on the sidewall. I have a small crack on one tyre from when i scraped a biker at some good speeds. But i am sill running on it for the last 10K km.

MRF would not give you a good ride comfort as they are harder. But i hear they are less prone to sidewall damage.

I have had Yokohoma A Drives on my earlier car and they were good value for money. This is how i would rate the tyres i have first hand experience with. The rating is based on my perception of the driving comfort and performance in rain.

1.Michellin Xm1+
2.Yokohama A Drive
Bridgestone [dont remember the variant]
3.Appollo Acceller
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 20:25   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Friends

I own a Figo Diesel Titanium 2011 and am now reaching 65K kms on the odo.
Is there a way to figure out clutch wear? I do not feel any hardness in the clutch but I feel my mileage has dropped drastically from the last service (Not blaming the FASS guys - they have really been very good to me).
Also, I do not see a difference in vehicle speed at a certain RPM (I mean it still runs 100 KMPH at 2500 RPM). The pickup seem to have reduced - not sure if this is psychological.

In essence, any guidance on how do I know the clutch needs to be replaced? Are there any symptoms I need to look for?

Inputs welcome!!
Ashwinbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 23:30   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 153
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Friends

I own a Figo Diesel Titanium 2011 and am now reaching 65K kms on the odo.
Is there a way to figure out clutch wear? I do not feel any hardness in the clutch but I feel my mileage has dropped drastically from the last service (Not blaming the FASS guys - they have really been very good to me).
Also, I do not see a difference in vehicle speed at a certain RPM (I mean it still runs 100 KMPH at 2500 RPM). The pickup seem to have reduced - not sure if this is psychological.

In essence, any guidance on how do I know the clutch needs to be replaced? Are there any symptoms I need to look for?

Inputs welcome!!
Good to hear that FASS were good to you. From which dealership did you buy and get servicing from ?
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 12:41   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Good to hear that FASS were good to you. From which dealership did you buy and get servicing from ?
Purchased from Chennai Ford, serviced at MPL while in Chennai and currently from Fortune Ford in Hyderabad. I think I am able draw an amicable relationship wherever I go.
Ashwinbr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 13:27   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 153
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Purchased from Chennai Ford, serviced at MPL while in Chennai and currently from Fortune Ford in Hyderabad. I think I am able draw an amicable relationship wherever I go.
Thanks. I am waiting for the new Ford Figo to be launched this year. Hopefully, that will be soon, going by the reports on the forum. The car looks interesting, but my concern is the A.S.S which I heard is not that good, although not as bad as the germans.
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 22:29   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
The car looks interesting, but my concern is the A.S.S which I heard is not that good, although not as bad as the germans.
i've owned both the Classic fiesta (when it was released) and now own a figo diesel (since 2010). The difference i've seen over these years is that Ford service has slightly improved in terms of parts cost but labour costs have really gone up. Not sure if its just with ford though. But the issue i have faced is that the SA's lack of knowledge in troubleshooting and finding the root cause. At times, i've told them what to look for, to figure out the issue and i've been right on couple of occassions. So you need to be careful and ensure you question them for the work done etc
CruzeLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo 1.2 DuraTec Titanium - Initial Ownership Review nishantbhatia84 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 27th March 2015 16:58
Delighted to be here callmetarantula Introduce yourself 9 30th September 2009 11:57
Absolutely delighted to be on here!! Liverpool_Red Introduce yourself 2 7th September 2009 10:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks