Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th February 2013, 19:33   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

A few pics from the last weekend drive.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-_mg_4667-copy.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-_mg_4669-copy.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_3504-copy.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img20130211wa0005-copy.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img20130211wa0006-copy.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img20130211wa0009-copy.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 21:01   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
A few pics from the last weekend drive.
Nice drive ! Kanakpura road? And who is the other guy with LTD sticker ?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 21:15   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What did you get done at 3M yesterday?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 21:20   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That would be Autocrat if my memory serves right.
DRIV3R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 21:37   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No, its not Kanakapura Road. Had been to Nagarahole. LTD Linea belongs to Autocrat (Gautham)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What did you get done at 3M yesterday?
Got the interiors cleaned and the car washed. When did you come there? I was actually working from 3M HSR yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That would be Autocrat if my memory serves right.
You got it right, its Autocrat (Gautham).

We had a blast driving back from Nagarahole via Mananthvady, Sulthanbathery, Gundlupet and finally Mysore - Bangalore
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:22   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Got the interiors cleaned and the car washed. When did you come there? I was actually working from 3M HSR yesterday
I was on my way to work and saw your car outside. Couldn't stop as I was getting late.

Work from 3M? Siddhu has that option? Wifi? Hmmm, I was looking when to take my Altis there but wasnt able to find time.
Old 14th February 2013, 22:31   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, its not Kanakapura Road. Had been to Nagarahole. LTD Linea belongs to Autocrat (Gautham)
Should have been real fun!

Quote:
Quote:
I was on my way to work and saw your car outside. Couldn't stop as I was getting late.

Work from 3M? Siddhu has that option? Wifi? Hmmm, I was looking when to take my Altis there but wasnt able to find time.

Krishna and Karthik would be contributing to almost all of the revenue for Sidhu !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:45   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

He he. Not really, had a couple of calls on the day, was lazy to go to office so took it from there. Was on and off work actually.

Quote:
Should have been real fun!
Will put a travelogue soon for this drive.

Quote:
Krishna and Karthik would be contributing to almost all of the revenue for Sidhu !
Not really. I generally get the car exterior and interior cleaned after a trip. So was following the norm.

Since this weekend I am traveling again, had to make do on a weekday.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:13   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this one the odo on the way to office today

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_20130215_085528.jpg

Forgot to post about the filter. Opened up the airfilter box to see what is the status of the K&N air filter after 5K kms.

The filtering seems to be quite good as this is a stock replacement filter.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_20130215_085953.jpg

Ran the fingers around the intake manifold entry, did not find any dust or soot sort of thing, so believe, the K&N is doing a decent job. But air entry to the airfilter box was dirty and the bottom of the K&N airfilter seems clogged too.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:18   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Forgot to post about the filter. Opened up the airfilter box to see what is the status of the K&N air filter after 5K kms.

The filtering seems to be quite good as this is a stock replacement filter.

Attachment 1051154

Ran the fingers around the intake manifold entry, did not find any dust or soot sort of thing, so believe, the K&N is doing a decent job. But air entry to the airfilter box was dirty and the bottom of the K&N airfilter seems clogged too.
Did you try removing the filter and checking the other side? The top side you posted looks very similar to the clean side of my filter. The dirty side is usually at the bottom.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:22   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you try removing the filter and checking the other side? The top side you posted looks very similar to the clean side of my filter. The dirty side is usually at the bottom.
Yes, I did remove the air filter and cleaned the airfilter bay as well. The airfilter was indeed dirty at the bottom.

After seeing this did clean out the airfilter bay as well.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:27   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I did remove the air filter and cleaned the airfilter bay as well. The airfilter was indeed dirty at the bottom.

After seeing this did clean out the airfilter bay as well.
The same thing happened to me last month. Opened up the Altis airbox and saw the filter was pretty clean even after 15K kms. Then thought let me remove and check. I realised, I was looking at the clean side and not the side where the air comes in from. The clean side should never be dirty as your pic shows. The dirty side was absolutely filthy with bugs, sticky goo and blacked out completely.

A dirty filter indicates that the filter is actually doing it's job. If a filter is clean after 5000kms it basically means it's not catching anything and just letting it pass through which is not good.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:29   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The same thing happened to me last month. Opened up the Altis airbox and saw the filter was pretty clean even after 15K kms. Then thought let me remove and check. I realised, I was looking at the clean side and not the side where the air comes in from. The clean side should never be dirty as your pic shows. The dirty side was absolutely filthy with bugs, sticky goo and blacked out completely.

A dirty filter indicates that the filter is actually doing it's job. If a filter is clean after 5000kms it basically means it's not catching anything and just letting it pass through which is not good.
Yes, the airfilter was indeed filthy at the bottom which made me relax a bit and this ensured that the airfilter is working as intended to.

Any other pointers to ensure on the K&N Airfilter.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:44   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, the airfilter was indeed filthy at the bottom which made me relax a bit and this ensured that the airfilter is working as intended to.

Any other pointers to ensure on the K&N Airfilter.
Do you do the cleaning of the filter on your own? It's pretty messy at home with the cleaning kit. You just have to make sure that you don't over oil or under oil it. No dry cotton should be visible after oiling and no oil should be dripping out.

I have the OE filter as a spare. I usually clean the filter and leave it to dry for the day and do the oiling only the next day to ensure it is dry.

Also remember for turbo engine's the filter gets dirtier even faster because of the extra volume of air it takes in. In my Figo, the filter was clogged within 5000kms and resulted in drop in FE and black smoke when accelerating hard. Went back to OE filter as it it didn't make sense to keep cleaning it that often for improved performance for such a short time.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:51   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you do the cleaning of the filter on your own? It's pretty messy at home with the cleaning kit. You just have to make sure that you don't over oil or under oil it. No dry cotton should be visible after oiling and no oil should be dripping out.

I have the OE filter as a spare. I usually clean the filter and leave it to dry for the day and do the oiling only the next day to ensure it is dry.

Also remember for turbo engine's the filter gets dirtier even faster because of the extra volume of air it takes in. In my Figo, the filter was clogged within 5000kms and resulted in drop in FE and black smoke when accelerating hard. Went back to OE filter as it it didn't make sense to keep cleaning it that often for improved performance for such a short time.
I did clean it once after I picked it up from close pal's punto. Did the cleaning and had securely kept the air filter to dry and had actually forgotten to oil and keep it ready. Then one fine day, did the oiling and no cotton or anything was used, no over oiling too. Just as sufficient.

Even I was wondering actually, it becomes tough to open the K&N filter every 5-6K kms and then put it back, The stock filter makes sense, but the Linea has 15K kms service interval which ensures you anyways open it up, clean it by blowing air and put it back atleast twice in the 15K kms interval. Though this is far far easier than cleaing the K&N Filter.