Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th April 2013, 22:51   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Krishna, that looks like a good job. I'm curious to know why they didn't cover your wheels.

Also, was the scratch deep enough to necessitate a proper paint job? I couldn't figure that out from the pic you posted.
I am not sure either. But after the job was done, there were not paint sprays or even the lacquer spray on the wheels and tyres, so happy at the end.

Here we go with the post where I had posted the picture of the scratch. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3082926. I could not stand it for even 10 days, so had to go the painting route.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 00:43   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Average Diesel price: Rs. 51.59/- (slightly higher due to refueling at shell for the last few refills)
I've been thinking of this from past few days. Good I finally can ask someone without shelling out extra money from my pocket.

Does it make a difference in engine refinement/ driveability? I've always been a fan of Shell petrol. It makes my P180 smoother compared to normal petrol.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 06:44   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I've been thinking of this from past few days. Good I finally can ask someone without shelling out extra money from my pocket.

Does it make a difference in engine refinement/ driveability? I've always been a fan of Shell petrol. It makes my P180 smoother compared to normal petrol.
I tried shell diesel once and engine does get smoother but no impact on mileage. 10 rupee premium per liter means 450 per tank, which is 9 liters approx of normal diesel. The economics don't work in favour of shell.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 07:44   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I tried shell diesel once and engine does get smoother but no impact on mileage. 10 rupee premium per liter means 450 per tank, which is 9 liters approx of normal diesel. The economics don't work in favour of shell.
I heard (or read, dont remember) that Shell planned to stop keeping diesel at their outlets as economics were not working out. Is that true?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 08:04   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I filled Shell 3-4 times and each time I felt a significant difference in the engine refinement. It is way better than normal diesel. Obviously it doesn't work out economically like autocrat mentioned, for a tank of shell, we end up spending extra 450 bucks with which we can buy 9 more litres of normal diesel.

Try it once just for your curiosity, anyway there's a bunk near Hebbal on your daily commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I heard (or read, dont remember) that Shell planned to stop keeping diesel at their outlets as economics were not working out. Is that true?
Some bunks have started ramping down on diesel supply lines. Earlier there used to be 2 diesel lines for every 4 petrol lines (in car lanes). Now I see only 2 diesel lines for 8 petrol lines. This was in Shell Wilson garden outlet.

I asked them the question about stopping diesel, and the bunk staff said that's highly unlikely. What they were saying was - owners of high end cars like mercedes, bmw, land rover and other high end SUVs prefer tanking up only at Shell. Most of their diesel business is from high-end cars, so I doubt they will completely stop diesel. Maybe they will run minimal number of lines.

When I wanted to tank up shell diesel once to just try out on the Punto, I was met with shocked stares from the staff guys, and umpteen questions "Sir are you sure you want diesel here??" "Sir shell diesel costs 10 Rs. more here, are you sure you want us to go ahead with filling?" etc

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th April 2013 at 08:08.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 08:04   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The advantage with shell diesel is you get the quality and quantity but at the market price and not the subsidized price. There is a noticeable difference in the engine note (read as smoother) with shell diesel. Not too much of an impact on the mileage, if at all it is there it will be very marginal to justify the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
The additional money spent in shell actually fetches a good amount of diesel if bought from IOC/HPCL/BPCL. However, the shell prices keeps varying. Over the past two months, I have seen prices varying from 64.50 to 61 and then now it is at 61. With the subsidy going over the diesel, the sooner the price difference will be reduced. Then shell diesel makes a strong case for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No they have not stopped stocking diesel at all shell bunks, they were stocking less, but a few bunks I have seen, there is sort of regular demand for diesel. Which implies people really do not worry about the 10+ bucks difference.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:07   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Mileage Update:

42nd Refill: 301.7 kms - 21.08 liters - 14.31 KMPL (MID 14.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 22 kmph - Rs. 53.10/- per litre.
Old 28th April 2013, 08:20   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Dropped an SMS to Nikhil past week checking if I could be accommodated post 6 pm, got a YES and went there directly from office. Got the wheel balancing & alignment done at Madhus Tyres Langford road branch. Opted for the road force wheel balancing over the regular balancing machine.

1. The tyres where thoroughly checked for any damages or punctures.
2. All the small stones were removed before the balancing.
3. The Nitrogen was topped up
4. The car was taken for alignment next.
5. All work done in the span of 30 minutes.

The overall cost for the Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing and the weights is 690 bucks.

The work done was satisfactory which is the norm in most cases at this store.

The road force wheel balancing report.

Name:  20130428_063701.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  299.3 KB

The wheel alignment report. I see a lot of values in red though I do not see any abnormal behavior of wobbling or pulling issues.

Name:  20130428_075952.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  264.4 KB

The bill

Name:  20130428_064034.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  308.7 KB
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 12:54   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car washed as it had got dirty during the rains in the past week. A neat clean job from 3M HSR needs no mention. I could not resist clicking a few pics once the wash was completed.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130427_172334.jpg

Name:  20130427_172343.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  377.7 KB

Name:  20130427_172350.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  360.1 KB

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130427_172401.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130427_172410.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 20:31   #280
BHPian

Nice clicks Krishna!!!

Do you have any intentions of going for the Absolut contoured mudflaps like how Karthik got on his red rocket? Not sure if they were part of the Linea set of accessories.

Will try to come over to 3M HSR next weekend or maybe the week after that. Need some visual treat for the eyes
srinath34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 20:47   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Nice clicks Krishna!!!

Do you have any intentions of going for the Absolut contoured mudflaps like how Karthik got on his red rocket? Not sure if they were part of the Linea set of accessories.

Will try to come over to 3M HSR next weekend or maybe the week after that. Need some visual treat for the eyes
I gave a deep thought about the Absolute edition contoured mudflaps which is available with Vecto motors, but decided against it. Even though the absolute edition mudflaps looks cool, but does not do the task it is intended to do of keeping the splash away. Hence keeping the current ugly ones on to keep the much from splashing away from the body.

Sure, we can catch sometime next week.
Old 29th April 2013, 09:51   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Mileage Update:

43rd Refill: 316.3 kms - 23.41 liters - 13.51 KMPL (MID 13.9 kmpl) - Average Speed 18 kmph - Rs. 53.06/- per litre.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:48   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice clicks Krishna!!!

For the record - Karthik is not happy with the absolute edition flaps on his 'red rocket(c)'. After giving it much thought - I've decided not to go for it as well.

For the punto rear flaps, absolute edition flaps are as good as not having any! For the front, normal mudflaps are funtional as well as neutral looking.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:13   #284
BHPian

Quote:

For the record - Karthik is not happy with the absolute edition flaps on his 'red rocket(c)'. After giving it much thought - I've decided not to go for it as well.

For the punto rear flaps, absolute edition flaps are as good as not having any! For the front, normal mudflaps are funtional as well as neutral looking.
Hi CD!!!

Going by yours and Krishna's views on the Absolute mud flaps, it looks like it's less useful for the Emotion variants and more better fit for the Active and Dynamic variants that come with 175 section tyres.
srinath34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 14:03   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi CD!!!

Going by yours and Krishna's views on the Absolute mud flaps, it looks like it's less useful for the Emotion variants and more better fit for the Active and Dynamic variants that come with 175 section tyres.
Not really. The problem is elsewhere. The way the bumpers are designed is for styling, but that leaves even the 175 section tyres throw up the dirt on to the body in both the Linea and Punto.

The regular long not so good looking mudflaps at least does the job of keeping quite a bit of splashing away.