Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 10:54   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap
The odo stands at 4310 kms of today.

Mileage update

14th Refill - 216 kms - 16.8 litres - Actual 12.86 kmpl - MID 13.1 kmpl

Booking the next Saturday for 1st service. Will get the oil and oil filter changed at this service.

Can anyone provide me the details of the place where I can buy Mobil1 Devlac 5W - 40 or 0W - 40. Pricing details also will help . If this is not available, I will go with the Shell Helix Ultra 5W - 40.

Now a couple of pics of the car. Photo credit to rbp.
My take.

Don't go for the Delvac now. I was in your shoes a couple of months back and let me tell you the rationale behind my decision.

You are about to pour in the best fully synthetic oil for the MJD which will again be drained out within the next 10k kms. Instead go with the OEM Selenia WR oil for the first and go Fully Synthetic from 15k kms onwards so that the Delvac will serve the purpose for a 15k kms run-period.

I did exactly this.

Ensure that the guys use 4 cans of Selenia and return the remaining 800ml which you can keep for top ups. And do not buy non-oem oil filters like Purolator, etc. from outside A.S.S. Use the OEM UFI oil filter.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 16:46   #77
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
My take.

Don't go for the Delvac now. I was in your shoes a couple of months back and let me tell you the rationale behind my decision.

You are about to pour in the best fully synthetic oil for the MJD which will again be drained out within the next 10k kms. Instead go with the OEM Selenia WR oil for the first and go Fully Synthetic from 15k kms onwards so that the Delvac will serve the purpose for a 15k kms run-period.

I did exactly this.

Ensure that the guys use 4 cans of Selenia and return the remaining 800ml which you can keep for top ups. And do not buy non-oem oil filters like Purolator, etc. from outside A.S.S. Use the OEM UFI oil filter.
Going for Devlac at 15k service makes sense. For this time I will go with the Selenia WR. Here in Bangalore, the service center stocks selenia oil in barrel, not sure if they stock the one litre cans as well. If they do I will definitely pick the cans. I will go for the UFI oil filter itself, no outside thing, except for the engine oil goes into the car.

By the way whats your take on the Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40. How good is it compared to Mobil1 Devlac?
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:05   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Going for Devlac at 15k service makes sense. For this time I will go with the Selenia WR. Here in Bangalore, the service center stocks selenia oil in barrel, not sure if they stock the one litre cans as well. If they do I will definitely pick the cans. I will go for the UFI oil filter itself, no outside thing, except for the engine oil goes into the car.

By the way whats your take on the Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40. How good is it compared to Mobil1 Devlac?
Which one in BLR are we talking about?

I did the first service at KHT, Whitefield. They stock separate cans.

With regards to the Shell, the API ratings are a tad lower than the Delvac. While the Delvac is formulated specially for Diesel powered engines, the Shell is formulated keeping Gasoline & Diesel engines in mind, in the same order.

The Shell has an API SN rating for Gasoline/Petrol while it is CF for the Diesel, while Delvac has a CI rating. I would pick the Mobil 1 Delvac over the Shell Helix Ultra anyday, moreover it is tried and tested in the MJD powered cars and people who use it swear by it.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:13   #79
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Which one in BLR are we talking about?

I did the first service at KHT, Whitefield. They stock separate cans.

With regards to the Shell, the API ratings are a tad lower than the Delvac. While the Delvac is formulated specially for Diesel powered engines, the Shell is formulated keeping Gasoline & Diesel engines in mind, in the same order.

The Shell has an API SN rating for Gasoline/Petrol while it is CF for the Diesel, while Delvac has a CI rating. I would pick the Mobil 1 Delvac over the Shell Helix Ultra anyday, moreover it is tried and tested in the MJD powered cars and people who use it swear by it.
I am getting it serviced by Prerana motors in Kudlu gate. I have seen their spares/Oil Section. They stock in barrel, and it clearly has the manufacturer name and grade though.

My only concern with Devlac is its availability. Anyways I have time till I reach 15k kms to find one can of 4 litres of Devlac.

Sorry for a noob question again. Would shifting to Shell Helix Ultra at 5K kms be better as compared to just going in with Selenia?

Thanks for the inputs.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:23   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,138
Thanked: 7,901 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Amazing car there. As every one said, white looks smashing!
Just curious on the mileage front. Is it true for all Linea owners that, mileage within city is is on the lower side of 15?
Or is is that its absolutely bumper to bumper traffic, on which you drive with AC on all the time?

Congrats again and wish you many an miles.
So no more train spotting with the new Linea ? No visits yet to Makali Durga?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:35   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 810 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
My only concern with Devlac is its availability. Anyways I have time till I reach 15k kms to find one can of 4 litres of Devlac.
You should easily get it off JC road. If not, let me know, I can work on getting a can from Chennai for you.

Quote:
Sorry for a noob question again. Would shifting to Shell Helix Ultra at 5K kms be better as compared to just going in with Selenia?
How different would this be from going for the Delvac right away? Shell Helix Ultra is also a fully synthetic oil and would cost at least 1k a litre, which is quite an investment for the next 10k kms, so I would say stick to Selenia WR for this service.

One thing I observed though! While the car was brand new (27kms on the ODO), I checked the engine oil, it was as transparent as water, while the Selenia WR is kind-of orange'ish. So, basically the factory fill is not Selenia WR is what I gather.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just curious on the mileage front. Is it true for all Linea owners that, mileage within city is is on the lower side of 15?
Or is is that its absolutely bumper to bumper traffic, on which you drive with AC on all the time?
That is what even the Punto 75HP manages in peak B2B city traffic. 13 kmpl to 16 kmpl, as per MID.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:51   #82
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazing car there. As every one said, white looks smashing!
Just curious on the mileage front. Is it true for all Linea owners that, mileage within city is is on the lower side of 15?
Or is is that its absolutely bumper to bumper traffic, on which you drive with AC on all the time?

Congrats again and wish you many an miles.
So no more train spotting with the new Linea ? No visits yet to Makali Durga?
Thanks mate. Love the Bossa Nova White with the turbine blade alloys.

Dont ask about the mileage. Its the dairy circle traffic, residency road, anil kumble circle, GPO, fun world. These are the routes I generally take and more so during peak hours. The AC is on all the time. May be the curse is sitting with me and my car. Whenever I take the car out, invariably there is a traffic jam . Recently took 1 hour 42 mins to reach home from dairy circle (Distance of 13.2 kms) reading the avg speed of around 7-8 kmph.

The train spotting is silently going on, though not been Makalidurga off late. Whenever I have had the opportunity to see the monsters up close, I have never missed it. Even yesterday (at my aunts places near hebbal did not miss the opportunity to spot a couple of trains). Generally keep checking the arrivals and departures on a particular route so as to adjust my timings to ensure I spot at least one train.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
You should easily get it off JC road. If not, let me know, I can work on getting a can from Chennai for you.
Thank you so much for this. I will do searching in JC Road first.

Quote:
How different would this be from going for the Delvac right away? Shell Helix Ultra is also a fully synthetic oil and would cost at least 1k a litre, which is quite an investment for the next 10k kms, so I would say stick to Selenia WR for this service.
Yes. Shell Helix Ultra costs 1100 per litre. I have 800 ml left over from one of the Shell Helix Ultra cans. Will check for the price of this in JC road. If its near Selenia with a few 100 bucks here or there, I might opt for Shell. Selenia WR is 690 per litre.

Quote:
One thing I observed though! While the car was brand new (27kms on the ODO), I checked the engine oil, it was as transparent as water, while the Selenia WR is kind-of orange'ish. So, basically the factory fill is not Selenia WR is what I gather.
I have a very similar observation to yours. After the odo was at around 450 odd kms, the oil had turned black. Need to check how it turns out with the oil change at 5K kms.

Quote:
That is what even the Punto 75HP manages in peak B2B city traffic. 13 kmpl to 16 kmpl, as per MID.
I hardly get to go above 40 kmph. Even if I get to do this speed it wont be even for half a kilometer. So there is no point checking the car for any issues when the main culprit is the maddening city bumper to bumper traffic
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 19:14   #83
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,138
Thanked: 7,901 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

That is what even the Punto 75HP manages in peak B2B city traffic. 13 kmpl to 16 kmpl, as per MID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Dont ask about the mileage. Its the dairy circle traffic, residency road, anil kumble circle, GPO, fun world. These are the routes I generally take and more so during peak hours. The AC is on all the time. May be the curse is sitting with me and my car.
So looks like thats the reason. Bumper to Bumper almost every day.
Else it should give higher.

Seriously a 1.6 MJD would have been perfect for this already a perfect beauty!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:45   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So looks like thats the reason. Bumper to Bumper almost every day.
Else it should give higher.

Seriously a 1.6 MJD would have been perfect for this already a perfect beauty!
I have already told the prerana guys to block one car (linea) for me when the 1.6MJD is launched. Will swap this one with the 1.6MJD come what may.

Booked the first service for saturday at Prerana motors, Kudlu gate. Lets see how things turn out.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:00   #85
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 434
Thanked: 173 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have already told the prerana guys to block one car (linea) for me when the 1.6MJD is launched. Will swap this one with the 1.6MJD come what may.

Booked the first service for saturday at Prerana motors, Kudlu gate. Lets see how things turn out.
I have heard a lot good thinks about Prerana motors, i think Fiat needs many more dealers like them. First service is just inspection nothing major but i got oil changed done at first service but frankly didn't felt any difference. But still good if you are planning. Can you check your car's front doors left side top of the door pad towards dashboard for one big patch (Its like some chemical has spill on it), i feel this is manufacturing defect, let me know if your car also has same.
And about mileage my mileage has increased after 9000 KMS. earlier it used to give hardly 12 km/lt for city heavy traffic now it has increased to 13 to 14 km/lt
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:18   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
I have heard a lot good thinks about Prerana motors, i think Fiat needs many more dealers like them. First service is just inspection nothing major but i got oil changed done at first service but frankly didn't felt any difference. But still good if you are planning. Can you check your car's front doors left side top of the door pad towards dashboard for one big patch (Its like some chemical has spill on it), i feel this is manufacturing defect, let me know if your car also has same.
And about mileage my mileage has increased after 9000 KMS. earlier it used to give hardly 12 km/lt for city heavy traffic now it has increased to 13 to 14 km/lt
Yes, definitely Prerana sales team is pretty good. Yet to experience the servcie though. Off late hearing good things about KHT service, lets see if I can get to experience it with them.

After reading your post, I went down to the parking and checked the both the front doors and the door pads. I did not find any discripencies. I need to wipe it as it is bit dirty with dust. Apart from that nothing I can spot that is abnormal. Please get your car checked.

I will be getting the engine oil and oil changed at the first service though not recommended by FIAT.

The traffic is really bad on the route I take to office, so I cant really complain about the car. The car does give decent mileage of around 13-14 kmpl on a few other roads where the traffic is moderate. Hopefully the mileage will improve once the car covers more kms.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 08:20   #87
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default First Service Update

Got the first service done.

Issues faced
  1. Fog laps not aligned correctly.
  2. Creaking noise from the arm rest
  3. Water leakage in the boot (due to improper fitting done by the accessories guy. He has forgotten to seal the small hole made to pull the wires inside the boot. )
  4. Boot Alignment.
  5. Wiper making noise during the last wipe.
Service work
  1. Oil and oil filter to be replaced.
Issues Status
  1. Fog laps not aligned correctly - fixed
  2. Creaking noise from the arm rest - fixed for now, need to see if it returns
  3. Water leakage in the boot (due to improper fitting done by the accessories guy. He has forgotten to seal the small hole made to pull the wires inside the boot. ) - Fixed. But the hole in the pocket due to the negligence of the accessories guys Rs. 157/-. I have passed the message on to the dealerships guys to look into this going forward.
  4. Boot Alignment - Fixed
  5. Wiper making noise during the last wipe - Fixed (wipers replaced under warranty, no questions asked)
Service Experience

I was given an appointment at 9 am. Luckily due to sparse city traffic I could reach the service center by 8.35 am. Service Adviser Surendra attended to me in a matter of 2 mins. Job card done, issues noted, the car was inside the bay for works. Promised time of delivery 3 pm. However, I requested them not to wash the car (which is anyways crappy work there at TATA service centers), the estimated delivery time was now much earlier. All issues were fixed, work done, billing done and I was out of the service center at 11.15 am. Quick work too. Could have been quicker if not for the water leakage in the boot.

Rating
  1. Taken time to attend to me and prepare the job card - 10/10
  2. Work done - 10/10
  3. Billing process and time taken - 9.5/10
  4. Bill amount - 8.5/10 (Windshield washer and the oil replacement charges were unnecessary. Also the charges for fixing water leakage should have been zero)
Overall Rating - 9/10

Will I recommend Prerana Kudlu gate service center - Yes
Will I recommend Service adviser Surendra - Yes

Observations after the service
  • The engine felt smoother, probably due to oil change.
  • The engine seems to have gone quieter too. Only the growl is present now.
  • The engine seems rev with a bit more eagerness. May be due to air filter being cleaned.
The total service cost Rs. 4,232/-. The cost break up.

1) Engine Oil Selenia WR 5W-40 - Rs. 2379.04/- (for 4 litres, have 800 ml spare for top ups if required)

2) Air filter element Diesel engine - Rs. 296.94/-

3) Oil Filter - Rs. 358.95/-

4) Oil Replacement labour charges - Rs. 425/- (is this chargeable? if not I will ask for refund)

5) Windscreen Wash fluid top up - Rs. 87.34/- (I believe this was unnecessary charge)

6) Emery Sheet 80 - Rs, 10.48/-

7) WD40 Anti-rust Spray - Rs. 36.85/- (Again unnecessary charge)

8) Other items - Rs. 109.17/- (The silicon sealant used to put up the leakage, the reason is stated below).

9) Wipers replaced under warranty - Rs. 0/-

10) Front Wheel alignment (check and Adjust) - Rs.0/-

Parts - Rs. 3734.20/-
Labour - Rs. 477.53/-

Total (rounded) - Rs. 4232/-.

Higher cost due to the below additional items

1) 800 ml additional oil - Rs. 475.84/-
2) Additional Air filter - Rs. 296.94
3) Water leakage repair cost - Rs. 156.51/-

Total - Rs. 929.29.

Actual first service inspection cost - Rs. 3302/-

A couple of pics from yesterday.

The driver seat covered with plastic to keep interiors clean.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-2.jpg

The odo on the way back home.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-4.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 09:37   #88
BHPian
 
Rufus_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Hi nkrishnap,
Good to see your thread being updated regularly. Fiat definitely needs more service centres like Prerana. I own a Punto 90HP & I'm happy with the service provided by Automatrix, Mangalore. But we don't have choices here as you have in Bangalore, as there is only one TASS here.

I too recently got my first service done & my billing amount was similar to yours. Though they haven't mentioned specifically about oil replacement labour charges, they have included labour charges Rs 612.36. A positive thing from Fiat is they honour warranty, no questions asked.
Rufus_M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:36   #89
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,367
Thanked: 3,784 Times
Default re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
Hi nkrishnap,
Good to see your thread being updated regularly. Fiat definitely needs more service centres like Prerana. I own a Punto 90HP & I'm happy with the service provided by Automatrix, Mangalore. But we don't have choices here as you have in Bangalore, as there is only one TASS here.

I too recently got my first service done & my billing amount was similar to yours. Though they haven't mentioned specifically about oil replacement labour charges, they have included labour charges Rs 612.36. A positive thing from Fiat is they honor warranty, no questions asked.
Good thing is that there are couple of dealers who are taking up the FIAT dealership. So again luckily there will be choice of service centers.

My service cost should have been lesser by 929 + 425 = 1354. Should have ended up with Rs.2,878/-. Shooting an email to the CRM asking for clarification on the labour charge aspect.

Will keep the thread updated if I receive any response.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:52   #90
BHPian
 
Rufus_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M

I too recently got my first service done
Oops. I recently got my second service done. First service is at 5000 kms which is nothing but a general check-up & topping up of fluids if necessary. I did not get my engine oil changed during first service. My car has just completed 17000 kms in 14 months.
Rufus_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FIAT Linea T-Jet: 1.4L Turbo Petrol. EDIT: Now launched sidindica The Indian Car Scene 669 18th October 2010 21:09
Which car to buy? Heart says Baleno, but mind says Diesel hatch/sedan fieroid Sedans 55 20th May 2009 14:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks