Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2013, 08:35   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,869
Thanked: 3,348 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
AutoIndian, I would be following that seriously as well, Coz There isnt really Any OTHER car that gives you that kind of choices at the given price points!! Only one that might come close is the Chevy Spin(When it does get launched)
Absolutely , I think as of date & even for months to come, there would be hardly any other car matching up to the Eriga at that price point & for me in particular no other car comes even close to the Ertiga is meeting all my expectations.

Quote:
Also, MSIL have been tigh-lipped about a factory fitted e-CNG Version, which would infact have a Humongous MARKET! wouldnt be surprised for a MID/END-YEAR OEM Launch! (Keep following Grapevine Buzzz)
If MSIL has planned a factory fitted e-CNG for MID/END-YEAR OEM Launch, then I would be like My target date for getting the Ertiga is July 2014 (might seem too long, but there are some other liabilities currently in 2013), so I am very well prepared to wait till the end of 2013 or mid 2014. By that time I also hope that there would be many CNG outlets in Pune & suburbs as the long winding CNG queues would be thing of the past.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 23:47   #62
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So, you are almost living in it and also forcing your family !
Great vehicle and great ownership.

A generic question on RD. Once you fix, how do you handle Maruti service?
How does manufacture warranty goes with it?

Drive safe and many many more miles!
Hi Ampere

I would agree. Both on the living and forcing! But thats what family is for.

Its certainly a nice vehicle and great to own it. Really light and easy, frugal, well designed, flexible and very spacious. Most important - no bugs! Well engineered and finished product.

On the RD piece actually Maruti does not have a problem even if it is installed - just that they may not honor a warranty since this is considered to be 'performance enhancement'. In my case, I just let it be and I don't think they noticed it.

I just finished a long drive and the travelogue should be coming up anytime (its in assembly).

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:57   #63
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,790
Thanked: 7,458 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
On the RD piece actually Maruti does not have a problem even if it is installed - just that they may not honor a warranty since this is considered to be 'performance enhancement'. In my case, I just let it be and I don't think they noticed it.
That is good as long as there are no issues!

Another question which I wanted to confirm with you was on seating. When I test drove the vehicle, I noticed that when you need to configure it in 5 person plus luggage mode, I had to push the second row of seats a bit closer to the front row. Only then I was able to flatten and fold the last row of seats to make way for the luggage. Did you note this ? And if yes, did you see any difference in leg room for the second row?

I was looking at Ertiga, but then later went against it, in spite of the goodies; mainly because of this aspect.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:58   #64
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is good as long as there are no issues!

Another question which I wanted to confirm with you was on seating. When I test drove the vehicle, I noticed that when you need to configure it in 5 person plus luggage mode, I had to push the second row of seats a bit closer to the front row. Only then I was able to flatten and fold the last row of seats to make way for the luggage. Did you note this ? And if yes, did you see any difference in leg room for the second row?

I was looking at Ertiga, but then later went against it, in spite of the goodies; mainly because of this aspect.
Hi Ampere

You are right. The middle seat needs to be moved forward to configure 5 seats plus a few bags. The middle row is capable of moving 24 cms. Inspite of moving it forward to flatten the last seat there is more than enough legroom available for the passengers in the middle row. As I was saying I have recently completed a long travel and I had my in laws in the middle seat. No problem at all. With last row seats flattened out the middle row still has more leg room than most sedans. One can sit cross legged. One small trick - while flattening the last row remove the headrests. Check the picture closely and you'll notice that. That gives additional 6-8 cms. Another small tip, with the last row flat, the surface area available is equal to the surface area in Scorpio. When i realised it I went searching for a Scorpio floor mat. I found and purchased one. Its an exact same fit.

Personally I think this vehicle has amongst the best interior configurations possibilities. I have done the following - 8 passengers, 4 passengers plus lots of bags, 5 passengers plus lots of bags, 3 passengers plus 1 sleeper, 2 seating plus 2 sleeper. In fact I am now considering getting a matteress ordered so that there is a comfortable sleeping capability.

The one drawback, which I have listed earlier in the thread, is the lack of charge points in the middle and rear part of the cabin. Also the middle row does not have any cabin light of its own. I wish that was available too.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-dsc07849.jpg  

Rajain is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:15   #65
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

I'm getting my Scorpio Mats now!
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:12   #66
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
I'm getting my Scorpio Mats now!
Hi

It is a very useful mat. In our case its just the two of us and sometimes friends and family. The last row is rarely used so we have folded it down and got this mat over. Keeps it clean.

I am also trying to find a solution like parcel tray. None is made for Ertiga but it would be very useful if I can manage some solution. Everything kept inside is visible from outside. One of the BHPians had a purse stolen when a street robber broke through the glass of his parked Ertiga at Kalka or Parwanoo when they were coming back from Himachal Pradesh.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:02   #67
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 845
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

Hi

It is a very useful mat. In our case its just the two of us and sometimes friends and family. The last row is rarely used so we have folded it down and got this mat over. Keeps it clean.

I am also trying to find a solution like parcel tray. None is made for Ertiga but it would be very useful if I can manage some solution. Everything kept inside is visible from outside. One of the BHPians had a purse stolen when a street robber broke through the glass of his parked Ertiga at Kalka or Parwanoo when they were coming back from Himachal Pradesh.

Cheers
Yes in case you find a solution for parcel tray, pls let me know. I was that unfortunate BHPian whose purse was stolen at Kalka.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 08:46   #68
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes in case you find a solution for parcel tray, pls let me know. I was that unfortunate BHPian whose purse was stolen at Kalka.
Ya I do remember reading about that theft. Issues like those completely mar a travel. And yes from outside everything is visible inside an Ertiga. So in basements of malls and hotels when the security folks say open the boot I simply say everything is visible from outside and there is no boot!

In the recent travel through 4 states where we were carrying a fair bit of bags I had a local solution. We placed a 'chatai' over the bags. To me 'chatai' is a very low cost well and versetile Indian product. Can be bent, rolled up, spread around, washed, no losing colour, light weight and easily carried in a vehicle. Good at beaches, good at roadside, good to lie under the vehicle and do minor repair, good for a mountainside and good as ... well a parcel tray!

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 08:40   #69
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Hi.

The vehicle is now closing into 12000 kms. Having done a 3800 kms trip recently. A travelogue of that is available under travelogue section.

Adding a picture - on the Mt Abu hills in Rajasthan
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-img_8599-1024x768.jpg  


Last edited by n_aditya : 8th March 2013 at 10:00. Reason: P.S. Thread title updated :)
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 09:59   #70
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Adding a picture - on the Mt Abu hills in Rajasthan
I saw a similar Ertiga - with the Thule carrier on the roof, on 24th Feb outside Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. I had been to this dealer to collect the regn. plates. Was it you Rajain?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 19:38   #71
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I saw a similar Ertiga - with the Thule carrier on the roof, on 24th Feb outside Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. I had been to this dealer to collect the regn. plates. Was it you Rajain?
Hi
Chances are it was mine. I was in that region. I have seen one more Ertiga with a Thule. Besides a Getz, a Duster, a few Scorpios, a Pajero and a few Innovas. I also saw a Nano with a Polar 100. And of course dozens of vehicles have the Thule bycycle carrier.
I am just following your new car purchase on the other thread. Congratulations and many safe miles.
Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 10:12   #72
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Hi

A quick 4 day trip to Chennai last week gave a good opportunity to drive out of station.

A total of 740 kms - including local. Full time AC. Average of 18.10 kmpl. And the best part - well the GPS. I don't know anything of Chennai and never did I have to stop and ask for route.

I stayed at the Taj and the staff came to know me as the traveller who did not fly in and rather has driven over. I also got my first puncture. Rear left had much less air. I stopped by at the nearest petrol bunk and person fixed it in less than 15 mts flat. A 2" screw had found its way into the Yokohama.

All in all a good trip. On my way back I drove almost 5 hours through the night. Philips lights (which came in after Osram had packed up) were good and so were the Light Force.

Some observations on the route - well so many bridges and so many diversions. One questions why the toll. The road is not entirely ready and in fact even the Supreme Court had docked the NHAI on collection of tolls at roads which are not fully ready.

While going to Chennai we stopped at a McDonald just a few kms ahead of Hosur and for the umpteenth time I answered the question of 'kitna deti hai' and whats on top of the roof.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 08:33   #73
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

While going to Chennai we stopped at a McDonald just a few kms ahead of Hosur and for the umpteenth time I answered the question of 'kitna deti hai' and whats on top of the roof.

Cheers
Haha, We can now almost get woken up in the middle of the night and quote the Ertiga FE numbers! Have been asked at almost every Red Light if you take a mean!

Also I think you should play around next time someone asks on the Thule Box, say you work for the CIA and its a Sat Link or something !! LOL
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 12:02   #74
BHPian
 
gautamkhadse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: pune
Posts: 246
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Innova guys , Safari Guys , Fortuner guys , Heck even a Pajero guy looked at me inquisitively , while waiting with my Ertiga at the signal . Everyones curious . Everyone loves it and I guess everyone wants one . Slowly the word is spreading about the amazing FE figures of the Ertiga .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 15:35   #75
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Haha, We can now almost get woken up in the middle of the night and quote the Ertiga FE numbers! Have been asked at almost every Red Light if you take a mean!
You know this is so true - everyone from neighborhood drycleaners to super market person has asked me the question on 'kitna deti hai'. Every single place where anyone has seen me get down from the vehicle and buy something or give something for repair or whatever errand - someone has asked that question. I was at a Cafe Coffee Day and someone from the next table walked over to ask the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Also I think you should play around next time someone asks on the Thule Box, say you work for the CIA and its a Sat Link or something !! LOL
Worth a try. At some place someone did ask which TV channel and his friend corrected no no he must be from National Geographic or Discovery. Its an expedition vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Innova guys , Safari Guys , Fortuner guys , Heck even a Pajero guy looked at me inquisitively , while waiting with my Ertiga at the signal . Everyones curious . Everyone loves it and I guess everyone wants one . Slowly the word is spreading about the amazing FE figures of the Ertiga .
I think the piece that really stands out is that how come a 1249 cc engine is able to give the same torque as a Innova. How come it is able to pull the weight of this large vehicle. Most of course don't realise is that this vehicle is more than 450 kgs lighter than a Innova or 650 lighter than a Xylo. I personally had that apprehension - totally laid to rest now. In fact after getting Thule on top I used to think wind resistence, fuel efficiency, 5-6 people, baggage - will the engine hold? Well it certainly does and the efficiency also does not drop. Its a smart engine.

I am sure you have followed the recent travels I have had. The longer one being 3800 kms across 4 states. The vehicle proved its credentials beyond any doubt. These days its becoming warm. 2 weeks ago in TN it was hot. Often times I see 36-37 temp and I will say the AC works pretty well. The cooling is effective, the air is spread across well and the cabin does become plesent soon. In fact after 3-4 minutes of full blast AC one does need to go back to 1-2 speed level.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi nurni76 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 101 26th May 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks