Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 16:01   #76
BHPian
 
gautamkhadse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: pune
Posts: 246
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
I am sure you have followed the recent travels I have had. The longer one being 3800 kms across 4 states. The vehicle proved its credentials beyond any doubt. These days its becoming warm. 2 weeks ago in TN it was hot. Often times I see 36-37 temp and I will say the AC works pretty well. The cooling is effective, the air is spread across well and the cabin does become plesent soon. In fact after 3-4 minutes of full blast AC one does need to go back to 1-2 speed level.

Cheers
I only have praises my dear ertiga . I have been following all your travelogues and that inspired me to take mine on a trip . It was a short one 700 Kms round trip . And we got a chance to do some un intentional offroading . Love the ground clearance . There was absolutely no road around . Loved the way it handled .

My wife who has just learnt driving . drives it like a pro . She doesn't even feel the size of the ertiga being any hindrance .

LUV LUV LUV
gautamkhadse is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 17:03   #77
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
You know this is so true - everyone from neighborhood drycleaners to super market person has asked me the question on 'kitna deti hai'. Every single place where anyone has seen me get down from the vehicle someone has asked that question.
Haha, I agree, Those Maruti Ad Campaigns of "Kitna Deti Hai" are so relevant! We are a country obsessed with mileage , And Maruti Brand managers got it SPOT ON!

This also the reason, Maruti is India's #1 Car maker/seller by almost the Margin of the Total #s of its Second competitor! They Really seem to know the marlet better(atleast as on today) be it spares/services and sales(much lesser though considering duds like Kizashi/A Star too) !
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 18:00   #78
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Haha, I agree, Those Maruti Ad Campaigns of "Kitna Deti Hai" are so relevant! We are a country obsessed with mileage , And Maruti Brand managers got it SPOT ON!

This also the reason, Maruti is India's #1 Car maker/seller by almost the Margin of the Total #s of its Second competitor! They Really seem to know the marlet better(atleast as on today) be it spares/services and sales(much lesser though considering duds like Kizashi/A Star too) !
I agree. The Maruti ad campaigns are spot on. Personally, it was the flexi design and the service which were of higher consideration than the mileage abilities. That was a plus and I am happy to get that plus. A larger fuel tank giving a longer range is certainly a plus since one can get better fuel from COCO bunks and it gives a longer range. For instance in my Bangalore - Mumbai runs, I have identified 2 bunks - one at Dhaward and the next in Lonavala, both COCO and one can reach Ahmedabad without refuelling. Several of us carry extra fuel when doing the Manali-Leh drive. In between there is Tandi and then a 375 kms stretch with no bunk.
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 14:18   #79
BHPian
 
vinodv001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 84
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Thanks parassoni for guiding me, I just installed Rouf rail.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...uf#post3081982

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
thanks Rajain, I too had the same questions! Some of them were answered when I saw live installations on models like Innova, Tavera, Xylo & Fortuner on their Website:

http://www.roufrails.com/
vinodv001 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:07   #80
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

[quote=vinodv001;3081992]Thanks parassoni for guiding me, I just installed Rouf rail.

Hey

That is great...can you get some pictures please?

This certainly seems very interesting

Cheers
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 08:50   #81
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Thanks parassoni for guiding me, I just installed Rouf rail.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...uf#post3081982
Great news Vinod, infact i just saw your pics on the other link! looks fantastic, And I'm happier to see it in Ecru Beige(my Car color too) Looks Swanky!

Would love for you to do a thread or an additional post with photos on the dimensions, clamping, material specifics and carrying capacity when you have the time, As you are the first person on the forum to have installed RoufRails!

Also, Please mention cost details! I probably plan to install it the same way you have(en route to OOTY) & my case is similar, I have an aftermarket rack that i had to install in emergency for a trip!

Looks like you also seem to have surpassed the Language barrier with Mr.Sundar(he speaks Tamil only)

Happy Travels!

Last edited by parassoni : 3rd April 2013 at 08:51.
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:05   #82
BHPian
 
vinodv001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 84
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

It costed 15K for me, may be because I am not at bargaining. Will update the details later.

regarding language barrier, initially I started talking in my half Tamil, the I realized that he is a mallu steeled in Coimbatore, so no issues after that. If you need any help in communicating, I am happy to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Great news Vinod, infact i just saw your pics on the other link! looks fantastic, And I'm happier to see it in Ecru Beige(my Car color too) Looks Swanky!

Would love for you to do a thread or an additional post with photos on the dimensions, clamping, material specifics and carrying capacity when you have the time, As you are the first person on the forum to have installed RoufRails!

Also, Please mention cost details! I probably plan to install it the same way you have(en route to OOTY) & my case is similar, I have an aftermarket rack that i had to install in emergency for a trip!

Looks like you also seem to have surpassed the Language barrier with Mr.Sundar(he speaks Tamil only)

Happy Travels!
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 21:19   #83
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Hi

Just came back to post a recent discovery.

After getting the 'low fuel warning' I drove 110 kms before getting fuel. I would have driven more but decided to get fuel since I had to get to the airport. The 'low fuel warning' comes in around 600-610 kms mark. Almost never before 575-580 kms. So adding up the two, in this instance, I travelled 710 kms before tanking up again. When i was tanking up the tank consumed 40.12 lts of diesel. This meant there was another 5-6 liters in the tank.

So, the low fuel warning comes in around 35 ltrs and there is another 10 ltrs remaining in the tank. I get an approximate average of 17.5-17.8 in a good mix of city and highway or a city at night. This also translates into a tank range of 700-725 kms before looking for fuel. Typically I tank up when I get low fuel warning and have done 40-50 kms in that state.

The vehicle has now done close to 14,000 kms and continues to labour on. AC is good enough, cabin comfort is fine and at a higher speed on a highway its a gem of a motor. A good GC certainly helps.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 21:53   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,496
Thanked: 5,203 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
After getting the 'low fuel warning' I drove 110 kms before getting fuel. I would have driven more but decided to get fuel since I had to get to the airport.
Please tank up before you get the low fuel warning. Diesel fuel pumps don't like near empty tanks.

Even for the Swift, the reserve fuel is not taken into account for Range calculation. The max Range that I get on the MID is 600 KM. The fuel tank is 42 liters in the Swift. I tank up when the Range is 100 KM.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 18:07   #85
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Please tank up before you get the low fuel warning. Diesel fuel pumps don't like near empty tanks.

Even for the Swift, the reserve fuel is not taken into account for Range calculation. The max Range that I get on the MID is 600 KM. The fuel tank is 42 liters in the Swift. I tank up when the Range is 100 KM.
Hi

I was just trying to see the number of kms the vehicle can still travel after the low fuel warning. Typically on a highway I start looking for fuel when I have 100 kms remaining in the MID range.

But thanks for the inputs. Of course I don't want to get stranded anywhere.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 11:51   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
When i realised it I went searching for a Scorpio floor mat. I found and purchased one. Its an exact same fit.
Hi
Thanks for your very informative ownership thread. I recently acquired an Ertiga VDI and was looking around for mats. Can you pls pm me where in Bangalore did you procure the Scorpio mat and its cost. Did you have to buy the whole set or just this single large mat ? Also was it available in beige color ?
Thanks in advance.
krish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 20:47   #87
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 5000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Hi
Thanks for your very informative ownership thread. I recently acquired an Ertiga VDI and was looking around for mats. Can you pls pm me where in Bangalore did you procure the Scorpio mat and its cost. Did you have to buy the whole set or just this single large mat ? Also was it available in beige color ?
Thanks in advance.
Hi

Congratulations on your new vehicle. You will enjoy driving and owning it.

I have 2 types of mats in my vehicle - 3M which are on all seats. Very good product, the best part is dust/sand particles are not visible and most probably are not sucked in by the AC.

The other big mat I have is the scorpio rear mat which is an exact fit - once the last seat is flattened out. I will pm you the place I got it from...but overall several places have a scorpio mat.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 11:40   #88
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Hi Guys,

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm urgently looking for suggestions for getting Teflon/3M coating done for my Ertiga in Mumbai.

Also any other coatings that i need to get done(antui corrosion etc.) along with costs & experience of where you've got it done!

Rajain, your B'lore experience would be helpful too! Your thoughts?
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 15:35   #89
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 865 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Hi Guys,

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm urgently looking for suggestions for getting Teflon/3M coating done for my Ertiga in Mumbai.

Also any other coatings that i need to get done(antui corrosion etc.) along with costs & experience of where you've got it done!

Rajain, your B'lore experience would be helpful too! Your thoughts?
Hi
Sorry for the late response. I was out travelling and came back just a couple of days ago. Here are the details I managed to get -

1. Address: 3M Car Care, Gala # 7, Satra Plaza, Next to Palmbeach Galleria Mall, Sector-19D, Vashi, Navi Mumbai-400703 Contact Person: Mr. Bhavesh and Mr. Meeth Dharod - 022-27833355

2. Address: 3M Car Detailing 4, 5, 6 Landmark Building, Next to Axis bank, Louis Wadi, Eastern Express highway, Thane (W) - 400604. Contact person: B. S. Sheshadri (Franchisee) - +91 9987037747, 022-41229898

3. Address 3M Car Care, Laxmi Industrial Estate, Link Road, Andheri(W), Mumbai Contact person: Parag : +91-9820625784

4. Address: 3M Car Care, Aditya Building, Ground Floor ,New Link Road, Chikuwadi, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092, Contact Person No name but Phone is +91-9920700386

I got all of the 3M work done in Bangalore. It would be safe to assume the costs would be the same.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 15:43   #90
BHPian
 
parassoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 17,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi
Sorry for the late response. I was out travelling and came back just a couple of days ago. Here are the details I managed to get -


I got all of the 3M work done in Bangalore. It would be safe to assume the costs would be the same.

Cheers
As always, Thanks for replying Rajain! Wonder if your travels will be part of a new travelogue post(or was it Business)?

I did get thru the address and even went and met up with the Owner -B.S. sheshadri i think of the Thane Franchisee! It's just that I wanted to know beyond the spiel, what all treatments to go for. Personally for a relatively new car, I'm planning the underbody anti-corrosion & Paint protect-i think its the basic one!

Anything else you would suggest?( Interior floors are laminated since Day1)

cheers,
Paras
parassoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Luv" Story 2012 - My Silky Silver Maruti Ertiga Zdi nurni76 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 101 26th May 2015 18:13
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks