Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 2nd April 2017, 06:47   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!

And I was surprised as to what made you buy a Ford Endeavour...anyways, I am just so glad that no one got hurt, but in that process the Scorpio had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

A picture of the Endeavour would do, please share. 4X4?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!

That's such a terrible news! I always looked forward to your updates. Really liked the way you had maintained the Scorp. Looked almost as good as new even after a lakh plus kms under the belt.

Glad to hear everyone got out safe.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:49   #153
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Btw noticed you've secured quite a fancy number with Palakkad registration- was this also a factor in your safety, as the number 9 is deemed lucky by many?
Destiny at play perhaps, believer of one's own deeds though.
No fancy 9 at all, but just a simple MS paint job in an attempt to conceal the reg.number. The latest possession has loads of '9's, in fact only '9's apart from '0's and now i get the drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And I was surprised as to what made you buy a Ford Endeavour...anyways, I am just so glad that no one got hurt, but in that process the Scorpio had to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Yes, Sheel. Scorp had to sacrifice making it even more difficult to get over the incident. I wanted him come back roaring again, but the hefty repair estimate of 8.5L meant a big compromise on safety even if meant a complete replacement of body shell and frame. Since my permanent relocation to India remains undecided yet, buying a used car made more sense at this point of time.

Quote:
A picture of the Endeavour would do, please share. 4X4?
Yes, 2011 Ford Endeavour AT 4x4.
Some mobile phone pictures taken by my driver/friend.
Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-img_0463.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-img_0465.jpg

Last edited by M35 : 2nd April 2017 at 13:51.
M35 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Yes, Sheel. Scorp had to sacrifice making it even more difficult to get over the incident. I wanted him come back roaring again, but the hefty repair estimate of 8.5L meant a big compromise on safety even if meant a complete replacement of body shell and frame.
Feeling very sorry for your Scorpio but as they say there is a silver lining to the dark clouds and what else could be that silvery lining other than you writing the above post. You must have done some good karma, due to which you came out of this near fatal accident completely unscathed.

Its a pity that we won't be able to enjoy your Scorpio updates and pics henceforth, but you can start a new thread for your Endeavor and surely we would be glued to that as well.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 18:19   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

The new truck looks nice and if it continues to provide good service, I believe you won't be in a hurry for a replacement if you are back for good.

I love the ol' trucks
# Good looks, especially when compared to their recently launched counterparts [contraptions]
# Taller aspect ration for tire and smaller rim size.
# Not many fancy gadgets either

I hope & pray, it serves you well and you continue to pile on the miles and in the meanwhile, use some 4X4 as well. Which tires on it? 245/65 or 70? 16 inch?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 21:38   #156
M35
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Its a pity that we won't be able to enjoy your Scorpio updates and pics henceforth, but you can start a new thread for your Endeavor and surely we would be glued to that as well.
Sure. Shall post my initial impressions/ownership once I am back in India in June. Thanks for the wishes, appreciated.

Quote:
The new truck looks nice and if it continues to provide good service, I believe you won't be in a hurry for a replacement if you are back for good.
I love the ol' trucks
# Good looks, especially when compared to their recently launched counterparts [contraptions]
# Taller aspect ration for tire and smaller rim size.
# Not many fancy gadgets either
I hope & pray, it serves you well and you continue to pile on the miles and in the meanwhile, use some 4X4 as well. Which tires on it? 245/65 or 70? 16 inch?
Thanks Sheel. I haven't seen the vehicle yet. Always wanted a proper 4x4 and this fits my bill, though covered some 80k kms already. Having said that, 4x4 components + AT box + a used car = Fingers crossed on the maintenance
Regarding the tires, I think they are 245/70/16 and as per my friend, they are MRFs. Will drive and see if I need to get some better ones.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:18   #157
M35
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!

While Scorp's RC cancellation and the Insurance (claim) formalities are taking their own sweet time, Endy and it's AT doing just fine. Though nothing really wrong with the Endy, the frequency of local short drives have gotten significantly reduced.

The cockpit, the initial eagerness of the M-hawk and Scorp as a whole are sorely missed though !

Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-_dsc5876.jpg
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 16:33   #158
M35
BHPian

RC cancellation
Contacted a salvage buyer based in Coimbatore who came over and took the vehicle. The following were done and both of these were submitted along with the RC at the RTO
  • Got the engine number ground and then photographed.
  • The portion on the chassis with the chassis number was cut and handed over to RTO
Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-img20170630wa0000.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-img20170630wa0001.jpg
Paid a Fee of Rs.200 towards RC cancellation and received a receipt for the same.

Insurance:
Its more than 15 days since all the required documents finally reached the Insurance company office at Thodupuzha. They have agreed to pay up the vehicle IDV- Salvage value [as seen by the insurance surveyor]. Is this sort delay from the Insurance guys normal ?
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 10:32   #159
BHPian

Feeling really sorry for your Scorp. By the way, have you got some pics of the scorp to show the amount of damage it took?
Old 11th August 2017, 20:22   #160
M35
BHPian

Quote:
RC cancellation
Under the vehicle details on the KMVD portal, on typing the Reg.No and Chassis number, now I get this-' the RC cancelled by the authority'. Looks like, finally, the RC has been cancelled, yet to receive a written letter from the RTO though.
Quote:
Insurance:
Also received last week, the claim amount [ IDV- salvage value (as seen by the surveyor)]
Just to complete the formalities, I wanted to apply for the Tax refund, but will have to wait as I won't be in India until Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Feeling really sorry for your Scorp. By the way, have you got some pics of the scorp to show the amount of damage it took?
Sorry, no plan to post any of those in here.
Just can't
Old 15th August 2017, 03:44   #161
Team-BHP Support

Can't believe i missed seeing the updates to this thread earlier. I'm really glad to know you guys escaped without any injuries as well as none to any others, as a 2 tonner flipping on its sides brings with it the possibilities of enormous damage and injury both to self as well as other people around.

As with all things in life, learn from this, and move on, and glad to see you have put this incident behind you. Your detailed ownership log is always a pleasure to read through; thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 05:24   #162
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As with all things in life, learn from this, and move on, and glad to see you have put this incident behind you. Your detailed ownership log is always a pleasure to read through; thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
Thanks Ben.
Requesting MODs to close this thread, with a final picture of my Scorp
Mahindra Scorpio SLE (M-Hawk) - 7 years and 1,18,000 km! EDIT: Totaled!-_dsc00532.jpg
M35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 14:52   #163
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed as per request.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread