Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 14:08   #241
SBR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 224
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I had bought a 5 liter can of Mobil Delvac 15W40 as I had heard positive reviews on this oil from many others on this forum. The oil can cost me 1500 bucks.
Aditya, do you plan to change the oil next at 5K KMS interval or 10K KMS interval. If I remember correctly, you had used 15W 40 oil in your 10K KMS service. My question is, is it ok to change oil every 10K KMS by using 15W40 oil.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 14:37   #242
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,353
Thanked: 13,283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
My question is, is it ok to change oil every 10K KMS by using 15W40 oil.
15W40 is mineral oil so stretching it to 10K kms is not good. Draining interval for mineral oil is 5K and synthetic oil is 10K kms.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 18:27   #243
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Aditya, do you plan to change the oil next at 5K KMS interval or 10K KMS interval. If I remember correctly, you had used 15W 40 oil in your 10K KMS service. My question is, is it ok to change oil every 10K KMS by using 15W40 oil.
Well the cost of this Mobil oil is very cheap so I guess I'm gonna stick to the 5k change interval.

The last oil change at 10k kms was as recommended in the manual and i did not carry the mobil oil too.

The car felt very harsh and was pretty noisy when it went in for service at 20k kms so will go with oil change interval at 5k kms now onwards.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 15:52   #244
BHPian
 
MadTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WB-16, KA-05
Posts: 115
Thanked: 145 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

So I am planning to upgrade the headlamps, wanted to go with Osram night breaker plus H4 and H8. Osram has a new bulb - Night breaker Unlimited for H4 but there is not H8, in fact H8 is not available any where, you get philips standard H8 bulbs, which is OEM (stock) bulb. But they suggest to go with H11 which will fit in place of H8. H8 is rated at 35 watts whereas H11 is 55 watts, the seller is pretty much confident that nothing will happen if I replace H11 with stock H8 but I am a bit conservative and risk averse. I don't understand why maruti continues with H8 when its no more available widely. So have decided to go with H4 Night breaker Unlimited for the time being, let the fog lamps act DRL If any one knows or can get me osram night breaker plus H8 please PM me, Thanks.
MadTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 19:38   #245
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 591
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
So I am planning to upgrade the headlamps, wanted to go with Osram night breaker plus H4 and H8. Osram has a new bulb - Night breaker Unlimited for H4 but there is not H8, in fact H8 is not available any where, you get philips standard H8 bulbs, which is OEM (stock) bulb. But they suggest to go with H11 which will fit in place of H8. H8 is rated at 35 watts whereas H11 is 55 watts, the seller is pretty much confident that nothing will happen if I replace H11 with stock H8 but I am a bit conservative and risk averse. I don't understand why maruti continues with H8 when its no more available widely. So have decided to go with H4 Night breaker Unlimited for the time being, let the fog lamps act DRL If any one knows or can get me osram night breaker plus H8 please PM me, Thanks.
What bulbs did you get ultimately ? I am getting delivery of my Ritz Zxi next week hopefully so would change the OEM headlights. Confused with what should be the best option.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 09:47   #246
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
What bulbs did you get ultimately ? I am getting delivery of my Ritz Zxi next week hopefully so would change the OEM headlights. Confused with what should be the best option.
Go with Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs in the stock rating.

However, it appears that Philips has discontinued production of the Xtreme Vision bulbs so if you can still source it, please do.

An alternative to these bulbs are the Ring Ultima bulbs. Have been reading rave reviews on this so if you can source these, please go ahead.

Osram suffers from poor life. Better option would be any of the above brands.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 02:09   #247
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 591
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Go with Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs in the stock rating.

However, it appears that Philips has discontinued production of the Xtreme Vision bulbs so if you can still source it, please do.

An alternative to these bulbs are the Ring Ultima bulbs. Have been reading rave reviews on this so if you can source these, please go ahead.

Osram suffers from poor life. Better option would be any of the above brands.
I am not getting Philips Xtreme anywhere here in Kolkata. Ring Ultima are close to impossible as well. Confused with what to do.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 10:01   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am not getting Philips Xtreme anywhere here in Kolkata. Ring Ultima are close to impossible as well. Confused with what to do.
Since you are finding it difficult to get both Philips and Ring, go with Osram. It's better than stock.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 15:20   #249
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 591
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Since you are finding it difficult to get both Philips and Ring, go with Osram. It's better than stock.
I got hold of someone returning from Luxembourg to get Ring Ultimas for me. I believe this is what you were referring to.

Ring Ultima H4 RW1272.

What are you using for the fogs ?
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 15:43   #250
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I got hold of someone returning from Luxembourg to get Ring Ultimas for me. I believe this is what you were referring to.

Ring Ultima H4 RW1272.

What are you using for the fogs ?
Yes, you got the right set of bulbs. Those were the ones I was referring to.

I'm using Philips Xtreme Vision in the fog lamps.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th November 2014 at 15:45.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 18:29   #251
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 591
Thanked: 532 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes, you got the right set of bulbs. Those were the ones I was referring to.

I'm using Philips Xtreme Vision in the fog lamps.
Great thanks. Ordered them. Coming to around Rs 1800. Should receive them by next Saturday.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 09:03   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

So here is an update from my side and a very important one.

Last week I was in Chennai along with my family. On the morning of 1st Jan, while I was driving back to my in-laws place from a friend's house, the Airbag warning light came on all of a sudden.

I pulled over to the side of the road, turned off the engine, waited a bit and then fired up the engine again but the airbag warning light stayed on.

Took the car to Popular Maruti at Saligramam and after waiting for a couple of hours the service manager asked me to come back the next day since their laptop was not connecting to the ECU.

The next day (2nd Jan), they connected their laptop and started to diagnose the problem but after an entire day they were unsuccessful in finding out the cause for the issue. They wanted another day to figure out the issue but I had to return to Blore so asked them at the end of the day if I could drive back to blore since I needed the car. They said it was OK and fitted everything back (airbag and seatbelt components and wirings were being checked).

I called Mandovi, my regular service station and reported the issue.

Since I reached Blore late on Sat evening, I left the car at their JP nagar workshop on Sunday morning.

Yesterday I got a call from the works manager who confirmed that the issue was with the SDM unit. SDM = Sensing Diagnostic Module which controls the airbags through the seat belt pre-tensioners. This had gone kaput and cost of replacement was quoted at 4.5k.

Thankfully my car is under warranty so the repairs and parts are covered. The car will be 2 years next month and I also have a 2 year extended warranty package.

The part will be ordered for today and should arrive in a couple of days from Delhi. I was told it will be shipped via air and the car should be ready and returned to me by saturday, 10th Jan.

I wonder how the SDM unit failed all of a sudden. The car has only 27k kms on it.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th January 2015 at 09:05.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 09:31   #253
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,426
Thanked: 19,269 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I wonder how the SDM unit failed all of a sudden. The car has only 27k kms on it.
Similar issue reported here as well as some details on the SDM::

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...t-problem.html
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 18:55   #254
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

So after a full 11 days I got my car back (on saturday, 17th Jan). Part of the delay was from my side. The car was ready on the 13th but since I was traveling I could only pick it up on the weekend. The delay was also due to unavailability of the part at the workshop and they had to fly it down from Delhi which took a couple of days.

The Airbag SDM unit was changed under warranty and I did not have to pay a single cent towards parts or labor. However, when I asked if this would have been covered under extended warranty, I was told that it would not be possible since it is an electrical part. Funny since it is not a wear and tear part but I'm thankful it was sorted out without a hiccup before the manufacturer warranty expired.

I drove to a cousin's place yesterday which is around 40 kms to and fro and the car behaved normally. All diagnostics worked as it should at startup and I did not see any lights coming up at anytime during the drive.

Overall I am fully satisfied with the "repairs" undertaken. Thanks to Maruti's impeccable customer service.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 19:06   #255
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,353
Thanked: 13,283 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So after a full 11 days I got my car back (on saturday, 17th Jan).

Overall I am fully satisfied with the "repairs" undertaken. Thanks to Maruti's impeccable customer service.


Any reason for the premature SDM unit failure? Did MASS say anything specific or shrugged saying "Electrical part Saar, can go bad any time!"
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From a hot hatch to a HOTTER hatch : A pre-worshipped '02 Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX swiftnfurious Long-Term Ownership Reviews 70 13th July 2017 10:35
BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12 Racer_X Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 198 26th April 2017 16:19
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi SBR Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 121 15th January 2017 17:14
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms Rahulkool Long-Term Ownership Reviews 215 4th April 2016 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks