Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th March 2015, 13:52   #271

Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

I have a Ritz VDI in white colour. July 2014 Model. Done 3500 odd kms. Absolutely satisfied with the performance of the car. Just love the 'kick in the backside' turbo boost post 2000 rpm.

I have peculiar problem. Don't know if you guys have also experienced it. There is a light patch of Black Diesel soot collected on the bumper just above the exhaust pipe. In a white car this is immediately visible.
The guy who washes my car also does not clean this patch since it would dirty his cloth!!

Does this happen with the other cars equipped with the 1.3 DDIS engine?

What is have noticed is that the older cars had the tail pipe bending downwards, whereas in the new cars it is straight. Also the length of the pipe is short and ends much before the bumper starts.

In my opinion this could be the cause of the problem. I intend to use a exhaust tip to increase the length so that the exhaust tip extends beyond the rear bumper. Just ordered one on Ebay. Lets see how it goes.

Any inputs ??
Spotty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 15:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty91 View Post

Does this happen with the other cars equipped with the 1.3 DDIS

Any inputs ??

Yes, it's common on most diesel cars and an exhaust tip is the best option .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 16:12   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty91 View Post
There is a light patch of Black Diesel soot collected on the bumper just above the exhaust pipe. In a white car this is immediately visible. The guy who washes my car also does not clean this patch since it would dirty his cloth!!
IMO, this is not a problem of your car but the problem of 'Diesel' engines.

If you are in doubt check cars like Sunny, Scala, Cruze to see how the bumper area around the exhaust tip becomes.

Keep cleaning the area regularly is the best solution else get an exhaust tip that should minimise the sooth build-up.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 10:14   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed the 60,000 kms milestone last week in just over 4 years and 4 months. Apart from minor vibes and rattles from the door panels (plastics), no other complaints. She has been performing as she did right from day-1. Still feels like new

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-60k-1024x576.jpg

My commute to work and back is around 60 kms Monday through Friday and I'm glad I bought the diesel variant. I get around 15kmpl with the a/c on in the city.

Totally love this car for the space and the turbo kick. Only issue is the backseat which is uncomfortable but I'm almost never a passenger in my own car.

Anything specific that is required to be advised to the Maruti service center guys, apart from their regular routine service stuff they do at the 60k kms service?

Edit - Mods, can you please move this thread to the long term ownership section? Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th June 2017 at 10:16.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote