Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:27   #76
BHPian
 
Flying Djinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 34
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Aditya, what was the reason for Figo not being one of the contenders when you set out? I'm in the market for a diesel hatch and i'm considering both Figo and the Ritz. I'd be interested to know your thought process. How are the high speed dynamics of the Ritz?
Flying Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:42   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Thank you rk_sans for confirming the oil. Mineral oil. Suspected as much.

@n_aditya, it took some playing around with the seat and then you would unexpectedly get a good seating position that does not hurt. Long drives, over 6 hours of continuous driving does not hurt the legs / ankles.

To check the gear play in third gear - up shift as normal (under normal acceleration) to third gear. Lightly keep your hand on the gear (to feel the gear lever). Let it roll for a moment without any acceleration. Now accelerate to about 2500-2700 rpm. If the gear has a slight play, you will feel the gear moving slightly backwards.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:42   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Aditya: Congrats for your Ritz.

I had booked a Ritz ZDi(Breeze Blue) on 13-02-13 and the dealer is still clueless about the expected delivery date. Whenever I call the dealer, he is having the same reply that you will get it delivered it within a fortnight.

He is saying that Ritz ZDi is having too much of waiting and it will take 90 days for the vehicle to be delivered.

I had emailed Maruti and awaiting a reply.

Is there these much of delay or is the dealer taking me for a ride ?

Last edited by mithun : 23rd March 2013 at 18:51.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:17   #79
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,312 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Aditya: Congrats for your Ritz.

He is saying that Ritz ZDi is having too much of waiting and it will take 90 days for the vehicle to be delivered.

I had emailed Maruti and awaiting a reply.

Is there these much of delay or is the dealer taking me for a ride ?
I guess the dealer is taking you for a ride. Did you try asking another dealer for clarification purpose at least?

Yes, there is a waitin g period but not 3 months. Here in Hyderabad it is 1 month for a ZDi variant of any colour.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 10:32   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess the dealer is taking you for a ride. Did you try asking another dealer for clarification purpose at least?

Yes, there is a waitin g period but not 3 months. Here in Hyderabad it is 1 month for a ZDi variant of any colour.

Anurag.
Thanks for your reply. I had contacted another dealer and he is saying that it's almost 30 days. But I'm also not satisfied with that dealer's reply. So I will try to contact another dealer in the city.

The one(I had booked) is the biggest one in Kerala.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 18:54   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 218
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks for your reply. I had contacted another dealer and he is saying that it's almost 30 days. But I'm also not satisfied with that dealer's reply. So I will try to contact another dealer in the city.

The one(I had booked) is the biggest one in Kerala.
Can you try in Trivandrum? It was available ready stock when I asked a week back, though not sure about ZDI(I asked for VDI). You can drive it to Cochin and register there.
srikanthns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 20:19   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Can you try in Trivandrum? It was available ready stock when I asked a week back, though not sure about ZDI(I asked for VDI). You can drive it to Cochin and register there.
Will try it at Trivandrum. But not sure about the ZDi and Breeze Blue colour.

And I booked with Kerala's largest Maruti Dealer(Indus Motors). Just before the booking the sales-person had assured me that he would get it from anywhere inside Kerala(from Indus network).

Last edited by mithun : 24th March 2013 at 20:24.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:50   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

In just a month of ownership, my Ritz has clocked almost 1500 kms. And all this with just intra city office commutes.

Will take her out for a highway drive next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post
Aditya, what was the reason for Figo not being one of the contenders when you set out? I'm in the market for a diesel hatch and i'm considering both Figo and the Ritz. I'd be interested to know your thought process. How are the high speed dynamics of the Ritz?
I liked the Ritz better since it was easier getting in and out of the car. Plus the Figo engine feels stressed on the highway. Of course, cost of ownership and maintenance is a lot cheaper with Maruti.

Drive both extensively and take your pick. All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is there these much of delay or is the dealer taking me for a ride ?
Yes, it appears that your dealer is pulling a fast one on you. Please ask for a refund and go with another dealer.

I booked my car on 16th Jan and the car was ready on 14th Feb. Unfortunately the sales executive failed to inform me that the car was ready which delayed the delivery date by a week. I took delivery on 22nd Feb after the company lease formalities were completed.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 12:54   #84
BHPian
 
sridhar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 951
Thanked: 12 Times
Thumbs up re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Hey Aditya congrats on your Ritz Zdi, you made the right decision with Ritz, she's definitely the most practical hatch in its class,

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I absolutely LOVE the torque. Everytime the needle on the revv counter hits the 2k mark, i can hear the turbo whistle and the car propels forward. Damn, it pulls like a train. I had never imagined Diesels could be this much fun. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Welcome to CRDI family, modern diesels are so much more fun some times. I have a huge grin while driving my Verna Crdi everytime. This is what I try to explain to many petrol heads who think diesels are just noisy oil burners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
When the Ritz was introduced I hated the looks, especially the rear and never imagined i would be driving in this car. But i guess it just grows on you. The front looks massive and the side 3/4's look great too. The rear is still quirky and gets getting used to.
Regarding the looks initially i felt the same way, the looks grows on you and even i started liking especially the front and side, the rear is still looks little quirky for me.

Nice detailing done, especially CF film on the B pillars. Wish you many more happy miles
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 22:36   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Red face re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Yes, it appears that your dealer is pulling a fast one on you. Please ask for a refund and go with another dealer.

I booked my car on 16th Jan and the car was ready on 14th Feb. Unfortunately the sales executive failed to inform me that the car was ready which delayed the delivery date by a week. I took delivery on 22nd Feb after the company lease formalities were completed.
Thanks for your reply.

I had paid Rs.3000 as the booking amount. Will they refund it fully ?

Also, this month there was a consumer offer of Rs.25,000. I'm not sure that whether I will get it in April.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 22:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,312 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Thanks for your reply.

I had paid Rs.3000 as the booking amount. Will they refund it fully ?

Also, this month there was a consumer offer of Rs.25,000. I'm not sure that whether I will get it in April.
You will get the booking amount fully. Ask for the offer you may get it.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 01:40   #87
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,424 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
...Of course, cost of ownership and maintenance is a lot cheaper with Maruti...
My ownership experience says, Marutis are NO longer cheap to maintain (atleast from the Swift. Since Ritz shares the same engine, the service costs should be quite comparable). I would NOT be surprised if the Figo bills are much lower than the Ritz's.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2013 at 01:41.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 03:26   #88
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,312 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

My ownership experience says, Marutis are NO longer cheap to maintain (atleast from the Swift. Since Ritz shares the same engine, the service costs should be quite comparable). I would NOT be surprised if the Figo bills are much lower than the Ritz's.
What you say is absolutely right. Owning a Maruti is costly and that feeling and thought that Maruti is the cheapest to live with but it is proving wrong. Last two services I am getting a 5 digit bill. It is shocking but no choice.

The cheapest I feel is Chevrolet. With its Chevy promise and the only company which gives 5 years or 150000 kms warranty on the Engine and transmission.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 21:30   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,293
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Aditya,
Skipped reading your thread for a good 2 weeks and I see that your car has already got its free service done. Bit surprising that you have still not changed the oil after the first service. For my car I ensured that it was done in the first 1000 kms and post that every 5000 kms. Still runs like a beauty and very very silent.
Suggest you to change it rather than waiting for the 5K mark. Do you plan to replace the engine oil every 5 or 10K intervals? What is the service schedule you will adhere to?

My car sees all oils being replaced every 20K (Engine Oil, Gear Box Oil, Brake Oil, Coolant, Replace Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter. Clean the intercooler & EGR Valve).

Every 40K I ensure the suspension is overhauled and bushes are checked for any play.

Maruti is not cheap these days. My 20K service costs me around 12000-15000 INR, Throw in a set of brake pads every 25K Kms.
All in all my swift costs me around 28K with a usage of 25000 Kms per year. Only thing where she saves me some money is from its mileage. City with AC gives me a good 15-16 KMPL and the highways with a steady 120 return around 20-21 KMPL.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 09:24   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Bit surprising that you have still not changed the oil after the first service. For my car I ensured that it was done in the first 1000 kms and post that every 5000 kms. Still runs like a beauty and very very silent.
Suggest you to change it rather than waiting for the 5K mark. Do you plan to replace the engine oil every 5 or 10K intervals? What is the service schedule you will adhere to?
I'm yet to change the oil but the service folks were insistent that it was not required at first service, so I thought i'll change it at 5k. Any idea how much the oil change with oil filter will cost me? I will try and get it done next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Maruti is not cheap these days. My 20K service costs me around 12000-15000 INR, Throw in a set of brake pads every 25K Kms. All in all my swift costs me around 28K with a usage of 25000 Kms per year.
That's quite expensive. I'd rather have bought a superbike for that kind of maintenance
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From a hot hatch to a HOTTER hatch : A pre-worshipped '02 Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX swiftnfurious Long-Term Ownership Reviews 70 13th July 2017 10:35
BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12 Racer_X Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 198 26th April 2017 16:19
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi SBR Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 121 15th January 2017 17:14
Got my red hot hatch, Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. EDIT: Now sold at 48,000 kms Rahulkool Long-Term Ownership Reviews 215 4th April 2016 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks