Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th January 2007, 20:21   #31
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride ajay. Do post the car pics

I just wanted to say that the comments made by ajay are his personal comments. Since he has already purchased his car there is no point to start a war here. We cant change is desicion, can we ?
We could have started a war if he was looking for our advice on which car he should go in for.

PEACE
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 04:15   #32
BHPian

I will be booking a diesel swift vdi tomorrow. Will post my report on it soon.
dileepd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 05:53   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@ajay:congrats on your new car.hope you enjoy it.sorry maybe i overlooked it but what colour is your swift.
and dont get bothered by ego4ever's comments.its pretty understandable for palio owners to be defensive and protective about their palios/siena.
its your money,your heart,your head and your opinion...so if you thought palio and xeta are not vfm,then so be it.you are the user not ego4ever.
run her in properly and enjoy your car.
congrats once again.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 11:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

@ajay :
Swift is a good car, and so congrats on ur purchase. I very nearly decided on the Swift, before i finally narrowed down on the Ikon Flair which impressed me more. Considering that i was planning on keeping the car over a 5 year period or so, resale wasnt so much of an issue, rather comfort n space was.

Its not that rear seat space issues are blown out of proportion with regards to the Swift, just that with respect to other cars such as Getz and so on in the same range, it loses out. Questions regarding build quality hve also been appearing a lot lately.

All said n done, Swift is VFM, so have fun with ur ride. Congrats once again.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 12:29   #35
BHPian

Indica for reason i find it very sluggish. My aunt own a Indica Turbo, its much better than the std indica's but for some reason i don't like the cart much, could be improper gear ratio's !! which i did't like. Coming to Palio, i have always loved it..The swift is a gud car but the FE is sad. I have not got more than 10km with A/c....now thats bad !!!
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 15:08   #36
BHPian

Less than 10kmpl with Ac in the city?That's really bad for a 1300cc engine.My baleno gives little more than 12 kmpl with 70% Ac in the city before second service (present odo reading about 4250 km).Please talk to MUL service centre.Rgds
Debasischatterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 18:25   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepd11 View Post
I will be booking a diesel swift vdi tomorrow. Will post my report on it soon.
Congrats, look forward to your initial impression along with some pictures at the earliest, you could possibly be the first Swift Diesel owner on this forum
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 14:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Congrats on your new ride ajay. Do post the car pics
Okay here is one on the while coming down the nandi hill.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 31st January 2007 at 14:32.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 18:15   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats, look forward to your initial impression along with some pictures at the earliest, you could possibly be the first Swift Diesel owner on this forum
Please find some pics and another post on the issues i faced while booking at this link.
[COLOR=#333333]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post364847[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]More pics to follow soon.[/COLOR]
dileepd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 22:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Hi guyz,

Before buying swift I have gone through all the feedbacks on this site as well as on other sites (carindia.com, and swiftuser yahoogroups).
Though the reviews are quite mixed and mostly negetive I still pumped up myself to go for swift believing in Maruti. It is a silver VXI with no ABS. I test drew following cars
1) Indica XETA
2) Icon flair 1.3
3) PAlio 1.2
4) Santro xing
5) Swift
6) Esteem

Apart from Palio 1.2 and Santro xing I liked all the cars in terms of value for money, I think these two cars are very easily beaten by New Indica XETA in terms power/space and value for money. And dont forget that TATA is improving day by day and car by car.
I thought Swift is cutest of all of them and I bought it.

Performance:
Its is really fun to drive swift..smooth like silk, Though performance is not as good as any 1.6 car but I must say it is more than adequete. EPS is superb. Good security features.
Mileage? ... I dont know... not measured but according to auto magazines and dealer (Mandovi, Bangalore) it should be 10-12 in city with AC and 16-20 on highway. I'll post my figures later.

Build quality:
No ratteling heard as of now. May be Maruti has fixed it in later versions.One thing I am sure that build quality in not poor in swift ... It is neatly and strongly built. Just close the door and hear that sound carefully...boy..It is a solid car ...for 4.88Lakhs ..I am sure competition is left gasping.Bad suspensions ??? you must be joking.. It has got class suspensions.It is the feature of this car and not a bug.

Space:
Leg space and boot space problem is blown out of proportion it seems. Its not that bad at all. I drew the car accomodating 5 adults and 1 kid, with 5 Mid size bags and 2 big bags piled up in my boot comfortbly. Is that not enough ? I think it is. Yes Its not meant for loading and dont forget It is still a small car afterall.Small cars are like a 2BHK flat...you should know that you are moving into flat and not in bunglow.

Problems:-
1) Rear visibility is really poor, I need to Install revers sensors.
2) Powerless Third gear ... I dont know what happens to vehicle when I put it to third from second.
3) I felt a little roughness in the egine when I rev it, Is it normal ? Can anybody help me on this.

Though I am satisfied still ..I wish a little more :
1) Power
2) rear leg space (2 inches for a long drive comfort)
3) boot space
4) big rear window glass

My verdict is clear..... Simply a good car, OWN it and then comment.

AJAY J
Bangalore
I back ajay in the space bit, my family finds it to be more spacious than my indica but i hope the suspension could have been a bit softer but again I hjave a diesel which has a harder suspension than the petrol !!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 23:10   #41
Team-BHP Support

ahhh that was a nice review and yes i do feel space is ok for a small family with so much of luggage, look below to understand what i mean

Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 09:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
I have seen couple of Indica's by the road side..because...because....the front wheel detached suddenly from the body. Can't even dream that with Palio ...Indica may be improving but long way to go mate

Did u see the front wheel detach in front of you ?? I have been driving an Indica for the past 6 years , never ever did that happen to me , oh yes it did happen once recently and that is because my nut mechanic forgot to tighten the BOLTS of the car ( yes all 4 bolts were loose )!!! My did i give him a jhaar of his life - i bet he will do my next service for free now !!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 09:03   #43
BHPian

@Ajay_J
please come back to this thread with more first hand experience after having ridden it for ___KM's.What do you think about the swift now?
supremoo is offline   Reply With Quote