Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 22:14   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Steer... When should the dicor go in for the first service... I have completed close to 1300 km on it..
During delivery i was told that the first service is at 5000 km..Is it advisable to give the car now for the first service??

I am confused..

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 25th January 2007, 22:17   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I am confused..
You sure are - why would you want to service it now? Let it run in and loosen up.

Where are the pics, Corleone?
Steeroid is offline  
Old 25th January 2007, 23:09   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You sure are - why would you want to service it now? Let it run in and loosen up.

Where are the pics, Corleone?

ok..will let it run till 5K kms...
The pics.. Interesting question...
will upload once i get free from work...major Production instance work has come in...will be working almost 60+ hours with minimal sleep+ loads of conf calls..

Wish me luck

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 29th January 2007, 10:07   #184
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TN/AP/KA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
When should the dicor go in for the first service... I have completed close to 1300 km on it..
During delivery i was told that the first service is at 5000 km..Is it advisable to give the car now for the first service??
I was told 5000 km as well for the first service. I asked about the 1500 km inspection as mentioned here and was told that was for the initial lot of DICORs.
dicorex4x4 is offline  
Old 7th March 2007, 20:39   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Steer...any updates on 30,000KM service for your dicor
Rahulk76 is offline  
Old 8th March 2007, 13:37   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Its edging towards 30k now, with 29k on the Odo. I havent been visiting home as frequently in the recent past and hence the vehicle has not run a lot.

I will definitely update at 30.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 8th March 2007, 15:24   #187
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Gr8 review. Will help at my next service at 10000kms.
PAVAN KADAM is offline  
Old 8th March 2007, 17:23   #188
BHPian
 
testdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Problems with New Safari Dicor (Feb 2007)

I recently (Feb 4th,2007) bought a Tata Safari from Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon. I have done 1300Kms so far.

Problems so far:
(a) Engine oil is leaking (i can see oil drops under the engine where the vehicle is parked). Took the vehicle for repairs. The oil drain nut was tightened, but the problem still persists.
(b) On quick acceleration the vehicle leaves lot of black smoke. As per the service advisor, this is because the engine is not able to burn the increased amount of diesel pumped into the engine on acceleration. I'm not sure whether I should accept his explanation, as I used to own a Bolero before and did not face this problem.

Any thoughts/comments are most welcomed... Thanks!
testdrive is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 16:40   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Where are the pics, Corleone?
Pics are uploaded at BHP Garage.
Also Steer..wanted to ask you.. I am planning on installing a Cold Air Intake system with a conical K&N filter or maybe some other brand..
Will it be allright to get this job done?? I was thinking that the engine maybe needs more Air to breathe and also the suction sound combiled with the Turbo whine should be nice cheers:

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 17:14   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Also Steer..wanted to ask you.. I am planning on installing a Cold Air Intake system with a conical K&N filter or maybe some other brand..
Will it be allright to get this job done?? I was thinking that the engine maybe needs more Air to breathe and also the suction sound combiled with the Turbo whine should be nice

Check post # 89 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/237769-post89.html for details.

The noise is too much - for me. You could check with c3p0 who seemed to like it - perhaps you're of the same temperament.
Steeroid is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 17:25   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Check post # 89 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/237769-post89.html for details.

The noise is too much - for me. You could check with c3p0 who seemed to like it - perhaps you're of the same temperament.
It's C-3PO, not C3P0.

Get some cladding around it, and it'll quieten down. Extra air always helps with a turbo.
v1p3r is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 17:36   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The noise is too much - for me. You could check with c3p0 who seemed to like it - perhaps you're of the same temperament.
Hmm.. I think i will give it a try..If i dont like it I can always remove the airfilter and put the stock one back..

Ummm --who is C3PO??? .

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 18:14   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Hmm.. I think i will give it a try..If i dont like it I can always remove the airfilter and put the stock one back..

Ummm --who is C3PO??? .

Godfather
C-3PO is a hangover from the Yeti's youth. He likens my v1p3r to C3PO, since a car, by itself, is not something he easily relates to.
v1p3r is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 18:35   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

For those who came in late - the Gold Plated character is C3PO (or C-3PO as C3PO very correctly pointed out) and the blue and white lil one was every kid's favourite - R2D2 (or R2-D2 as C3PO will soon point out).

Steeroid is offline  
Old 11th March 2007, 18:38   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
For those who came in late - the Gold Plated character is C3PO (or C-3PO as C3PO very correctly pointed out) and the blue and white lil one was every kid's favourite - R2D2 (or R2-D2 as C3PO will soon point out).
Old jungle saying, eh? Funnily, I always preferred my namesake, even as a kid.
v1p3r is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari 2.2 VTT : 125000 kms Long Term Report rrsteer Long-Term Ownership Reviews 87 14th July 2012 20:02
Long Term Review : 1994 Tata Sierra Dippy Long-Term Ownership Reviews 53 25th April 2012 14:36
Long Term Review - Tata Indigo LX 2004 pankaj09 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 10th August 2009 20:33
Short Term vs Long Term Ownership, New Car vs Used Car Ownership architect The Indian Car Scene 10 9th May 2008 11:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks