Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2007, 22:13   #226
Senior - BHPian

bang on target guys... the coolant was leaking drop by drop from the area where the hose pipe goes into the engine... they checked 3 times to be sure about the same by applying one of those pressure gauges on the radiator cap and applying pressure to check out from where the liquid was dripping. As per them the clip has been tightened to the required torque and will not leak apparently any further.
Its under observation for a day or so at workshop and safari will be only handed over back, once they are sureshot that it was the only source of leakage..

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 10th May 2007 at 22:16.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:34   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quick update - did my 'n'th trip to Bangalore yesterday, got back and commented on how good the roads are these days and I get some stares from the likes of v1p3r and Psycho.

Happened to break for lunch at Mettur, met another chap driving to Bangalore at the same place - I mentioned how good the roads were and he stared at me too. Then he pointed to my truck and said - you drive that THING, how dyou expect to know what the roads are like? He was on a Swift Diesel.

That apart vehicle is now at 34,000, Psycho's suspension mod has been partly undone by Tata Motors when they did the 30k inspection and thought there was something wrong with the suspension on my truck. So a slight vagueness is back on the steering front.

And I have my first irritating rattle - from the dash. This is going to be a bit of a pain to take care of.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:39   #228
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quick update - did my 'n'th trip to Bangalore yesterday, got back and commented on how good the roads are these days and I get some stares from the likes of v1p3r and Psycho.

Happened to break for lunch at Mettur, met another chap driving to Bangalore at the same place - I mentioned how good the roads were and he stared at me too.
Oh so thats where these two ran off to yesterday.

Infact I just returned from Coimby two weeks back. Took the mettur dam route. Must say the roads weren't bad at all. Except for those few odd stretches which didn't bother me much. Infact roads do seem to be in good shape. Taking into consideration old/new madras road, bangy-pune road, mysore road.
Old 5th June 2007, 11:43   #229
BHPian

Steer, you got yout vtruck serviced at 30K and after driving only 4k you are saying that the dash has started rattling. Wht these TASS can not fix things at one go, or they ar not serious enough unless some one give them smacking on their $%#%^^.
Did not they objected to teh work done to your suspension, i mean warranty thing. because I am very scare they say thing come to their mind.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:45   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Steer, you got yout vtruck serviced at 30K and after driving only 4k you are saying that the dash has started rattling. Wht these TASS can not fix things at one go, or they ar not serious enough unless some one give them smacking on their $%#%^^.
I have not brought it to their notice yet. There was no rattle at 30k so how could they fix it?

Lets be fair to them - they have been MORE than proactive. I am VERY happy with Tata Motors service - to the extent that I would feel comfortable with the idea of buying another Tata car or truck at some point in the future.

Its one thing to take a dealer or manufacturer to task for something they havent done, but its another matter altogether to make dealer/manufacturer-bashing a habit. You will lose their respect.
Old 5th June 2007, 13:19   #231
Team-BHP Support

OT: i have another trip down south soon and steer can you guide me on the mettur route? hows the road? is it narrow and all?

thinking of alternative since am kinda bored with the usual salem route lol
Old 5th June 2007, 15:39   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT: i have another trip down south soon and steer can you guide me on the mettur route? hows the road? is it narrow and all?

Jaggu, I just came back to Bangalore via Mettur on 3rd. This route is quite enjoyable. The road is not narrow and most part is in very good condition.

After driving on MC road for a week, this was heaven.

Thanks to JK, who is the patron for Mettur route.

PS: I don't drive a truck
Old 6th June 2007, 11:02   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Its a good route and you can do some decent speeds. I did the Palghat to Anekkal stretch (Before the City traffic starts in B'lore) in 6 hours without really pushing hard.

If you want an alternate route perhaps you should try Gundlupet - Gudalur - Nilambur. I'm planning to try that on my trip back, mostly because I want to drive in the rains.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:14   #234
Team-BHP Support

OT again: can you pm me the route details from bangalore to palkad please.
Old 6th June 2007, 20:37   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Its a good route and you can do some decent speeds. I did the Palghat to Anekkal stretch (Before the City traffic starts in B'lore) in 6 hours without really pushing hard.

If you want an alternate route perhaps you should try Gundlupet - Gudalur - Nilambur. I'm planning to try that on my trip back, mostly because I want to drive in the rains.
You want to drive long distance in the rains? Isnt it dangerous?
Old 8th June 2007, 02:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Nope. Its the best way to do it! We come from a state where it pours 5-6 months a year - a little rain never hurt anyone!
Old 8th June 2007, 02:09   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Some people are starved for it proxima, aren't you ? where are the rains in madras ??
Old 17th June 2007, 17:41   #238
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: now at 35,000 kms after about 4,000 kms in the 2 weeks I was at home.

Issues:
1. Tailgate rattle after the Monsoon Meyham after we drove at some speed over a non-existent "road". Rectified - spacer under the tailgate had come loose, screwed back into position.

2. Steering wheel - pivot bush needs to be changed. Not replaced yet - tried to get rid of it with some greasing but it doesnt work.

3. Plastic above the rear footwell next to the seats cracked - diagnosed as caused by repeated slamming of the rear door with the seat-belt buckle between the door and the plastics. Replacement awaited.

Others

1. Tyres changed to Michelin Synchrone 4X4s. VERY highly recommended!

2. Headlamps changed to Osram 100/90 with TVS relays - after iraghava nagged me about them. I've never used anything but STANDARD headlamps before on my personal vehicles.

3. Pioneer Steering-mounted Remote added. Not very happy with these, but beats fidgeting around with the HU anyday.

4. Switched back to REGULAR diesel (not hi-speed) with System G Additives. Sonax CRDI additives recommended but I cant find them.

5. Contemplated alloys, but need to find a buyer for OE set first. These are the new aloys (7.5 J recommended for the synchrones) being considered - does anyone want OE Dicor Alloys?

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th June 2007 at 17:48.
Old 17th June 2007, 18:00   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: now at 35,000 kms after about 4,000 kms in the 2 weeks I was at home.

2. Headlamps changed to Osram 100/90 with TVS relays

3. Pioneer Steering-mounted Remote added.
ah! Zak and me was wonderign how you drove around with those pathetic lights!

HOw much for the Pio remote and which shop?
Old 17th June 2007, 19:25   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Some people are starved for it proxima, aren't you ? where are the rains in madras ??
OT: The first rains came yesterday night.

Yeah, I would like to drive in the rains, after some experience that is.
Closed Thread