Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2007, 21:17   #241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
1. Tyres changed to Michelin Synchrone 4X4s. VERY highly recommended!
How many km's have you put on these?
I did consider the Synchrone 4x4 and the Cross Terrain SUV tyres as replacement tyres for my LR3 but the Synchrone's weren't available in the size I wanted and the Cross Terrain's were too expensive.
Old 18th June 2007, 02:54   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Sonax CRDI additives recommended but I cant find them.

5. Contemplated alloys, but need to find a buyer for OE set first. These are the new aloys (7.5 J recommended for the synchrones) being considered - does anyone want OE Dicor Alloys?
When and where and how much do you want it(sonax) delivered?

Look for other options too..something which goes with your Safari's colour. When you find a buyer for the OE wheels,fing one(buyer) for me too!
Old 18th June 2007, 03:51   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox
DF, anything for TCIC ? Have tried System-D, but not very convinced about FE part.
Old 18th June 2007, 04:00   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Default BLR-Palakkad Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
OT: i have another trip down south soon and steer can you guide me on the mettur route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
If you want an alternate route perhaps you should try Gundlupet - Gudalur - Nilambur.
Jaggu, you can try: BLR - MYS - Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam - CBE - Palakkad.

BLR-MYS: you know it
MYS - Chamarajanagar: Average
Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam: includes ghats. Some hair-pins are tight. Else road is fine. better than prev section
Sathyamangalam - CBE: two lane, no divider, smooth.

THis route will give you the shortest "average" stretch - the typical roads in Karnataka with un-even surfaces, un-marked speed breakers in villages etc. Once you get down the ghats, you should not have any complaints about the road.

Last edited by condor : 18th June 2007 at 04:02.
Old 18th June 2007, 08:50   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post

Look for other options too..something which goes with your Safari's colour. When you find a buyer for the OE wheels,fing one(buyer) for me too!
will let you know!

The wheels should go with the car - they're silver. The camera flash makes it look more like the machined variety.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:26   #246
BHPian

Quote:
1. Tyres changed to Michelin Synchrone 4X4s. VERY highly recommended!
I love them too!
Quote:
2. Headlamps changed to Osram 100/90 with TVS relays - after iraghava nagged me about them. I've never used anything but STANDARD headlamps before on my personal vehicles.
Where did you get this done, and, for how much? Also, how happy are you with the installation? I too was thinking of getting this stuff done, but recollecting the way in which the installers handled my car for sunfilm/stereo installation I am apprehensive to go to any accessory shop.
Quote:
5. Contemplated alloys, but need to find a buyer for OE set first. These are the new aloys (7.5 J recommended for the synchrones) being considered - does anyone want OE Dicor Alloys?
Now, I am gonna take an "ultra-layman" approach. (I am looking at: Michelin | 4x4 Synchrone® | Tire Sizes & Specifications.) Since the size range for rim width is 6-8, and Michelin has specified section width on 7", I would think the best fit would be 7J. Isn't it?
EDIT: Realized, you might be using 255/65 instead of 235/70 and that might mean 7.5J is a better size. Please ignore the above comment.

Last edited by Su-47 : 18th June 2007 at 10:37. Reason: Corrected comment about tire size.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:55   #247
Senior - BHPian

Steer
can you post some new pics of ur safari with synchrones
Old 18th June 2007, 13:02   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
You want to drive long distance in the rains? Isnt it dangerous?
OT: You need to be a little more careful but on the bright side, the roads are clear of traffic when there's a downpour. All the cyclists, tractors, autos etc. vanish and you have the road to yourself except for the buses and some trucks.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:15   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Steer
can you post some new pics of ur safari with synchrones
Check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25027 (Monsoon meet in the hills)

Its full of Dicor pics with the new tyres. Someone's actually shot the TYRE as well - EDIT just put the link in here:

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th June 2007 at 13:19.
Old 18th June 2007, 15:36   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
DF, anything for TCIC ? Have tried System-D, but not very convinced about FE part.
Try STP or Prestone, Buy Prestone only if STP is not available, Both work fine and you can find a considerable improvement in the smoothness of the vehicle.
Old 18th June 2007, 16:12   #251
BHPian

Quote:
will let you know!

The wheels should go with the car - they're silver. The camera flash makes it look more like the machined variety.
O.K i will use these words which may work, I have the very same alloys on my Noble black/warm gold combo colour Scorpio and it looks good there,thats the reason iam asking you to have a look at some other designs.

Have you seen the one's i have on my Dicor? They may also suit Silver.
Old 25th June 2007, 20:23   #252
BHPian

Quote:
2. Headlamps changed to Osram 100/90 with TVS relays - after iraghava nagged me about them. I've never used anything but STANDARD headlamps before on my personal vehicles.

4. Switched back to REGULAR diesel (not hi-speed) with System G Additives. Sonax CRDI additives recommended but I cant find them.
You drove all this time with those pathetic 60/55 OE bulbs? You must get an award for that!

Do you see any difference in performance or mileage going from hi-speed to regular diesel?
Old 27th June 2007, 23:02   #253
BHPian

Hey Dear Steeroid,

How much are you expecting for your Stock Alloys. Do page me at gupta.rajeevg@gmail.com

Rajeev
Old 28th June 2007, 00:29   #254

Would you be able to help me with details of the K&N filter that I could use or who would be able to help me with the installation in bangalore?
Old 28th June 2007, 14:25   #255
Senior - BHPian

Hey Steer, Any info on performance after installing the Powerbox in your ferrari... errrrr safari
Closed Thread