Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2008, 19:36   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
...I'm willing to put my money on this vehicle AGAIN and buy a 2.2 - this is not idle talk.
This itself speaks of the confidence and the faith that has been placed on the vehicle! Putting your money where your mouth is - now that is a difficult things that most people do not do.
Way to go, Steeroid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
...Would I call it reliable? Yes. The vehicle has never been undriveable. "Character" in somebody's words.
More proof!

Quote:
... Treat them professionally and you get the same in return. I do not have contacts, but when I find smoke coming out of my exhaust I just make a call to my dealer and explain the problem and the fact that I would like to see it rectified - and I get it done while I take lunch next door...
I have the same approach and have found to be treated well (regardless of the vehicle being a Maruti) whereas a cousin of mine is not that lucky. But there were times where I was not happy with the work / service and when mentioned in the right tone, they made sure to rectify it immediately.

Quote:
I actually had it push-started and drove to the dealer. Its a diesel - it only needs compression to ignite the fuel.
So it was not a 'show stopper'! It just goes to show that, provided you use your innovative thinking, you can always work around a problem (most of it!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OK, now that we have all hijacked Steer's thread, let me just say that I agree with the above 100%...
True; so gentlemen, can we please leave Steeroid's cup of tea with himself. I guess we have heard more than enough statements from the owners themselves. This beats anything that gets printed anywhere by any other 'experts'.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:30   #347
BHPian

Steeriod looks to be a person ready to sort out the tough issues at any cost. He really looks to have made SAFARI work for its money. It sure is a great quality. But many BHPians use car for comfort and dislike visiting Dealer for even any thing other than regular service schedule. For such people, a vehicle that needs minimum maintenance will be the best. So it sure wont be Safari. May be Toyota Innova?
Old 11th April 2008, 09:47   #348
Team-BHP Support

Default Wrong!

Quote:
I actually had it push-started and drove to the dealer. Its a diesel - it only needs compression to ignite the fuel.
hehe, gotch ya there
If your alternator fails and battery drains(no charge in battery) no amount will push start it. This is true for a non ECU indica also. Have experienced it first hand.
However even if the battery has little juice, the car will run(indica non ECU)
Old 11th April 2008, 10:00   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
hehe, gotch ya there
If your alternator fails and battery drains(no charge in battery) no amount will push start it. This is true for a non ECU indica also. Have experienced it first hand.
However even if the battery has little juice, the car will run(indica non ECU)
We were discussing the course of action when the starter motor conks off, not failed alternators or drained batteries.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:01   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
For such people, a vehicle that needs minimum maintenance will be the best. So it sure wont be Safari. May be Toyota Innova?
Absolutely - nothing can beat a Toyota in reliability.
Old 11th April 2008, 19:00   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
druva : No, I meant the internal QC process should sort out atleast 99% of the vehicles. Only <1% of vehicles should have the problems to excercise the warranty.
Why should the ratio be structured on a vehicle basis ? The way you are saying it, it would seem that if the problems were limited to 1 in 10000 vehicles, then 9999 vehicles would be perfect - but that 1 vehicle would be total junk. Where every single part of that vehicle has a problem.

And, what are the chances of such a perfect junk occuring in actual production today ?
Quote:
druva : In our part of the work - our clients ask for six sigma quality.. meaning 99.999999% of finished goods will work without defects :-)
So do you deliver a 6-sigma quality ? Atleast I dont. We both know how calculations are done, and which way the levels move once the certification is achieved.

You would be aware that the processes used in your & my area of work cannot always be used in all fields in the same way.

Quote:
druva : If we think this is not achievable in auto manufacturing - I would not want to fly any aeroplanes
Do we have information & statistics from the airline manufacturing industry ?
Old 12th June 2008, 12:10   #352
Senior - BHPian

Default Update - 50k service officially done

50k service officially completed - mileage is 51,140 kms now. Fluids changed, front fog lamp replaced (damaged during a trip to Wayanad by my friend - the bridge to the resort had collapsed and they drove across the river in the Dicor, leaving 2 cars and a 2wd Scorp behind). 50k service is a bit expensive - the cost of all fluids came to over 3.5k.

My Tata truck of "Below Average Reliability" cruises on!

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th June 2008 at 12:12.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:14   #353
BHPian

Quote:
50k service officially completed - mileage is 51,140 kms now. Fluids changed, front fog lamp replaced (damaged during a trip to Wayanad by my friend - the bridge to the resort had collapsed and they drove across the river in the Dicor, leaving 2 cars and a 2wd Scorp behind). 50k service is a bit expensive - the cost of all fluids came to over 3.5k.

Steer, you have once again opened a Pandora's Box. We will soon see people complaining that you are targeting a particular brand and model.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:14   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well said Mr.Roid... cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 12:17   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Steer, you have once again opened a Pandora's Box. We will soon see people complaining that you are targeting a particular brand and model.
Okay, make that one Ford Fiesta TDci, one SX4 and one Scorpio 2wd. My truck apparently had to do 3 trips across each time. The resort had 2 4wd Jeeps, but they had gone to town for the purchase of supplies. Watch out for this resort - it isnt open yet (my friends are involved in the design), but I'm told the location is incredible.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th June 2008 at 12:22.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:21   #356
BHPian

Quote:
they drove across the river in the Dicor
Why am I not surprised? That beast is always ready for anything

Quote:
50k service is a bit expensive - the cost of all fluids came to over 3.5k.
You are joking, right? the so called cheapest_to_maintain Honda City of mine cost me more for the 50K service. Common perceptions can be so deceiving.

Quote:
Looking forward to the weekend when you make your truck drift, slide, go off-road and do all the un-speakables for a Sedan driver like me.... sigh!

Last edited by quicksilver : 12th June 2008 at 12:22.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:33   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
You are joking, right? the so called cheapest_to_maintain Honda City of mine cost me more for the 50K service. Common perceptions can be so deceiving.
Steer is at his best once again! He is making these comments to incite violence amongst people here.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:26   #358
BANNED

Steer,

Your views on the Beast is commendable.

I understood what you meant by "Below Average Reliability".

Thanks for your long term ownership review our faith on this Beast are kept intact.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:34   #359
Senior - BHPian

Green Storm Filter added about 2 hours before, Peter would be happy to know that i was fined for overspeeding immediately afterwards on the way to the airport to pick up our cheap guest for the monsoon drive.
Old 12th June 2008, 19:08   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Green Storm Filter added about 2 hours before, Peter would be happy to know that i was fined for overspeeding immediately afterwards on the way to the airport to pick up our cheap guest for the monsoon drive.
Hey Steer

sorry to hear about the over speeding ticket.

Can you post some pics/other info and your valuable feedback on this filter.

Thanks
Closed Thread