Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2009, 17:42   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope its not connector quality issues, electricals never was a strong point for them, unless they were searching for something in the trasfer case for an engine problem
aaaaha! Those guys will even work on the wheels and tyres for an engine sound issue!

Guess someone there has played with almost all the connectors in the car! Its not a connector quality issue! Its either not properlly fixed or the worker spoiled the contacts of the connectors!

Last edited by nikkibike : 30th January 2009 at 17:45.
Old 30th January 2009, 21:41   #452
BHPian

Thumbs up Transfer case issue SOLVED!

haaaaa... finally got a call from Concorde and that guy was laughing to the heights when I attended the call! And I had to wait for a minute further to hear about the 'findings'.

There is a 'electrical clutch switch' under the clutch area which helps to engage 4L smoothly when dial switch is activated. Today, finally they reached at this point of wiring harness to check the couplers and continuity of the conductor. Therez the surprise! The above said "Switch" is missing!!!!!!

And the idiotic part of the design is that the diagnostic tool don't show any error as the circuit will be open in 'normal' case. All these headaches would have been avoided incase if the diagnostic tools detects that the part is 'not connected or defective'! What a design!!!! heh!

They fixed a new switch and the everything works perfectly!!!

I don't have any idea about the electrical part of t.gearbox and thatz the primary reason why I thought of taking it to Concorde for the job! Also, the availability of its parts outside the dealer service is infact, a distinct possibility.

One thing is sure that the car has been tampered very badly by almost all the service people who worked on it. Sigh!

Well... now I told concorde guys to change the master cylinder also which will solve its low pedal issue.
Hopefully, after the above works, the car will comeout the way Santhosh want it to be!

ugh!! Good to note that finally things are happening positively.

C H E E R S!!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 30th January 2009 at 21:45.
Old 30th January 2009, 22:10   #453
Senior - BHPian

Hey, you mentioned a safari being replaced by unregistered, fresh from stock yard cars right? Is that safari a 4x4?
Old 30th January 2009, 22:50   #454
BHPian

Does the whole Master Cylinder Assembly have to be replace ? can't the rubber kits be replaced instead(minor master cylinder assemly) ?

50 days at the previous service station have been a very memorable event, the car as well as the owner's been through a lot, these events just brings back memory of Motorsux & good thing that all those wretched decals of RF,Motorsux have been removed.Never want to see those names ever.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:03   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Hey, you mentioned a safari being replaced by unregistered, fresh from stock yard cars right? Is that safari a 4x4?
Not sure of 4x4 thingy! Its a While colour one having a 2 digit registeration number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Does the whole Master Cylinder Assembly have to be replace ? can't the rubber kits be replaced instead(minor master cylinder assemly) ?
Seems the inside bore of master cylinder assembly is in very bad shape(wondering how can it go so bad at 65k kms on odo!!). So replacing the kit alone won't make the desired result. They told me that they can try a "shimming" job that will last a few k kms more. As am against those kinda 'jugad' jobs, told them to replace the assembly. Very very costly stuff eh!!
No compramise on brake jobs as the car rarely moves <100kms/hr when steer is in town!!
Old 31st January 2009, 11:41   #456
Senior - BHPian

Man! This car comes up with the weirdest of problems!! But the apart from the 4X4, here's my 'TD' report on he car.

Drove the truck a few day back, and i was simply blown away!! The thing actually goes where u want it to! I still remember driving this thing on the highway a while back, and i was literally fighting for control with the steering!! But now its a totally different game altogether.
The assortment of rattles squeaks etc have all disappeared!! And now with the brake work and the 4L being solved, I think steer has finally got the 'All new car' that he wanted!

Hats off for the gret work nikki!!
Old 31st January 2009, 12:05   #457
Senior - BHPian

@Nikki,

May your tribe grow!

(PS: Now, do you give this attention to only high end or exotics cars , or just about any vehicle! - No, don't answer this! You will never know what you might end up with.)

@Steer - Congrats on getting your ride as you always had it!
Old 31st January 2009, 12:28   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hats off for the gret work nikki!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@Nikki,
May your tribe grow!
L O O O O O N G L I V E TEAM-BHP.

Its all due to this forum. It is this forum that brought all of us so close. And I will do anything and everything possible for anyone here,if the matter is related to automobiles!
CHEERS!

Last edited by nikkibike : 31st January 2009 at 12:31.
Old 31st January 2009, 12:57   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Not sure of 4x4 thingy! Its a While colour one having a 2 digit registeration number.

Seems the inside bore of master cylinder assembly is in very bad shape(wondering how can it go so bad at 65k kms on odo!!). So replacing the kit alone won't make the desired result. They told me that they can try a "shimming" job that will last a few k kms more. As am against those kinda 'jugad' jobs, told them to replace the assembly. Very very costly stuff eh!!
No compramise on brake jobs as the car rarely moves <100kms/hr when steer is in town!!
What 4 X 4 are we talking about here ?

I guess the Master Cylinder has also been nabbed from the previous service job.
Old 31st January 2009, 13:36   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Man! This car comes up with the weirdest of problems!!
And all the weird issues have cropped up after the last two service visits to RF - the first one took 2 weeks for a totally botched 'suspension inspection + repair' and the second took 50 days for essentially replacing one cylinder liner.

It is anybody's guess as to what else could've been done to 9800 while it was parked there with the garage knowing fully well that the owner is out-of-country.
Old 31st January 2009, 14:32   #461
BHPian

Quote:
What 4 X 4 are we talking about here?
Dude.. its a bit confusing in this thread! Actually he is reffering to the matter I posted in your RF related thread! The Safari which is owned by RF guy!
Quote:
I guess the Master Cylinder has also been nabbed from the previous service job.
heh! Or else how can a part costing 13k can go terribly lifeless at 65k kms??! BIG TIME Frauds!

Last edited by nikkibike : 31st January 2009 at 14:37.
Old 6th February 2009, 00:25   #462
BHPian

Thumbs up L I F E Reclaimed!!!

Finally.. the truck is out after all the works and is running like a fresh one!
A S H V I N is enjoying the drive and the truck is meeting its master tomorrow!
Awaiting to hear from Steeroid about the present condition and feel!

C H E E R S!!!
Old 6th February 2009, 10:50   #463
BHPian

Glad to know that the truck is back to prime.
Thanks for the detailed update Nikki, Steer, Muneem...Lots of learning and brings to light the horror stories going on @ RF Motors.

No average driving abuse can make a vehicle fall apart like this within a short while. It goes without saying that a great deal of illegal parts swapping has been done at RF.

Has anyone taken this matter with Tata yet? The more we read threads on RF, the more we feel this dealer should be fixed for good.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:12   #464
Senior - BHPian

Just drove the truck around for the whole of today, and needless to say I'm astounded by the change.

When nikki said the truck is back in showroom condition, he really meant it! In many ways, it is also BETTER than showroom condition. Two major points:

1. The clutch - INCREDIBLE is the only word for the clutch feel, it is as good and as soft as that on a petrol vehicle. No other 3.0 I have driven has had a clutch as soft as this. This is better than 'showroom condition'.

2. Braking - brake feel and bias set up perfectly, brakes in a perfect straight line from 140kmph. As good it was when it came out of the showroom initially.

There are several other changes that I cannot describe - overall the truck feels incredibly different from what I drove about 2 months back.

Big thanks also to Perumal from Concorde, Cochin who went that extra step to bring this truck to this condition. Wiring inside the engine bay was totally screwed up after the job RF did, they have taken is apart and put it back the way it is meant to and have sealed all electrical joints with silicon paste. The engine bay looks CLEAN now, with wiring neatly sorted out.

The only pending work is a "Nikki Special" custom enclosure for the K&N filter in 3mm (!) aluminium with plumbing to the front of the grille. I am told by the others that this is something nikki has spent a lot of time researching.

One thing is for sure, I would not have been able to bring the truck back to this condition EVEN IF I were based in Cochin and had the time for this - the eye for detail that nikki has exhibited is fantastic.

Great job and thank you, Chikku. Words arent enough for this!

PS: Nikki explained and I understood what exactly was fitted ULTA by RF Motors today. It was the STEERING DAMPER!!!!!

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th February 2009 at 22:18.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:27   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Steer, may things continue in the same tone now on. Good to hear that the truck's back, ready & kicking ..

Nikki, you are getting identified with that truck as much as Steer himself !
Closed Thread