Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2006, 16:18   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
So in a straight line, there's no problem? .
Yes, as long as all 4 wheels are turning atthe same rate (which is straight line) there is no problem..

Quote:
That would mean better traction off the blocks for a 4wd Safari.
You thinking of taking a 4WD Safari to a drag??
Old 29th June 2006, 14:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hey steeroid,,

Does the Safari has enough power to do a powerslide as shown in the TV Ads..
Old 29th June 2006, 18:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
All that looks great on paper Steer, but that Indica engine is nasty, plain and simple. It is by far the worst engine I have ever experienced in an automobile!

I haven't driven the turbo'd one, but I'm not exactly holding my breath either.
guess you have never driven old Amby with Trekker diesel engines .. OR ARE RATHER NEW TO DIESEL DRIVING..
[IMG]images/smilies/Rolling%20laughter.gif[/IMG]
Old 29th June 2006, 18:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid, the Octavia is actually a common rail diesel. TDI is just their acronym for it.

If you are serious about the carbon-fibre, pm me. I'm experimenting with it for my youknowwhat!
Hey V1p3r,

PD is the acronym for their Common rail DIs..Which is used only in the Superb diesel engines..The others have Direct Injection Turbos.. and not Common rail..
Old 29th June 2006, 20:12   #110
BHPian

@ v1p3r and @headers
You both are some how wrong bros.
Neither octavia nor Superb is Common rain. Neither TDI nor PD is common rail. (BTW Laura has PD engine)
Volkswagen is walking a different path in diesel engine technology.
They are not doing common rail. The are following their own path (pump deuse) and instead of using a common rain to increase pressure and minimise losses of IDI or DI they are using single pump per cylinder.
So PD and CRDi are two completely diffrent technology.
And both works. Now which one is better is a question yet to be answered.
I hope I have explained things (I am pretty bad in explaining though ask my wife ).
Old 29th June 2006, 21:39   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Sinhsha, You are right on all counts except that the Superb 2.5 V6 uses a common rail (I'm almost sure).

VW has all three FI systems in use, but will be migrating to piezo common rail for the future.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th June 2006 at 21:41.
Old 30th June 2006, 15:06   #112
Senior - BHPian

Default Dicor at 15K Km.

My Dicor has just crossed 15000 km and i thought I'd add my 2 bits worth. Engine is a godsend after the old anaemic TCIC 2 litre. I did 2 lakh km on my old Safari and moved onto the Dicor as nothing else really got me interested. Any person who drives a Safari will tell you that the Scorpio, old or new, just doesn't stack up. However the narrow power band is quite irritating, till you get used to it.
I've had my share of trouble with the EGR valve (Steer, all you need to do is disconnect the vacuum tube to close off the EGR totally, for a temporary fix. Engine check light stays off too) and got the modulator changed. I had a problem with my car snapping sideways under heavy braking and that was diagnosed as due to a blocked front brake line. Thats been fixed and brakings great again. The AC, as Steer said is just about adequate, and is pretty noisy at full blast, which is when it is also most effective.
My biggest complaint against this car is the rumbling at idle with the AC on. Reminds you of a jet plane on full brakes, waiting to take off .
The dealers however are being asked to take great care of Safari owners and not to be rigid on warranty claims. Good for us, I guess.
Overall, my kind of car and I'm very happy. The new price will make more people happier i guess. Oh and by the way the 6.4 lakh safari has the Dicor look and the TCIC engine. Don't go anywhere near it!!!

Last edited by jyobeb : 30th June 2006 at 15:11.
Old 30th June 2006, 15:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Sinhsha, You are right on all counts except that the Superb 2.5 V6 uses a common rail (I'm almost sure).

VW has all three FI systems in use, but will be migrating to piezo common rail for the future.

Sorry Mate, but the Superd uses a TDI engine and not a common rail one.

Check this out

http://www.skoda-auto.com/global/sho...rb/technology/

BTW, sorry for going off topic!
Old 1st July 2006, 10:43   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha
@ v1p3r and @headers
You both are some how wrong bros.
Neither octavia nor Superb is Common rain. Neither TDI nor PD is common rail. (BTW Laura has PD engine)
Volkswagen is walking a different path in diesel engine technology.
They are not doing common rail. The are following their own path (pump deuse) and instead of using a common rain to increase pressure and minimise losses of IDI or DI they are using single pump per cylinder.
So PD and CRDi are two completely diffrent technology.
And both works. Now which one is better is a question yet to be answered.
I hope I have explained things (I am pretty bad in explaining though ask my wife ).
Yup mate,
I agree that VW uses single pump per cyclinder. They are called unit injectors and i read somewhere [I guess Overdrive] that this is called PD which is VW's answer to common rail technology.

The funda is that CRDI uses a common rail which handles the boosted pressure. This rail feeds all the injectors,,whereas in unit injectors, each of the injectors has its own pump and plumbling is different.

Each is supposed to have its share of advantages and disadvantages..
Old 19th July 2006, 11:40   #115
BHPian

The safari dicor site says that the engine is second generation.
Why? Has the engine been changed? Any idea?
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:26   #116
BHPian

Latest... A friend bought a Safari Dicor VX in Chennai 2 weeks ago.. Within 2 days of delivery, the vehicle developed a long list of problems and is back at the garage where most things are being sorted out and some are taking a lot of time.. Will post details once I have an update..
Old 4th August 2006, 14:46   #117
BHPian

Apparently the best way to get your new TATA vehicle delivered is to be physically present in the workshop when the PDC is being done. test drive get the corrections done. Any one buying a new tata Vehicle please be aware. Might not be applicable to all dealers.. Please use dicsretion
Old 18th August 2006, 10:32   #118

Hi Guys!!

I am a newbie to BHP and have booked a Dicor at Prerana Bangalore.

Let me know good places to change tyres (want to change to 255 size on alloys) and fix a good comp system.
Old 18th August 2006, 11:58   #119

After you changed all those spares in your Safari, I am wondering if you are still driving the same car that you originally bought!!

Rakesh
Old 18th August 2006, 12:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkoul
After you changed all those spares in your Safari, I am wondering if you are still driving the same car that you originally bought!!

Rakesh
Why do you think they keep saying 'More car per car'?
Closed Thread