Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th January 2014, 09:48   #241

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey lovesujay,

Welcome to teambhp.
I got the + sticker from the Ford showroom.

Oh is it brother, do they sell this sticker separately. What was the cost?
lovesujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2014, 16:12   #242
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesujay View Post
Oh is it brother, do they sell this sticker separately. What was the cost?
Dont exactly remember the cost, it belongs to fusion +.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2014, 17:11   #243

Thank you brother. That would do!!. Will disturb you once in while. You have done a hell lot of research. Looks like an encyclopedia, bro. Thanks again
lovesujay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 15:52   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Here comes the last set.
Hope it helps, will be glad to answer any queries.

Hi ecosport rules,

Thanks for the very nice pics.

I have been allocated a VIN just few minutes back for my Tit(O), TDCi in Diamond white

Many Congratulations for the beauty you have and all the amazing modifications you have done on your car

Wanted to PM you for your contact number but since I am a newbie, I see no option to send you one. Would you be kind enough to PM me your number? Thanks

I need your opinion on a few things, the most important of them all is the rear view camera. Ford is selling it at a whopping 27K. Is it really worth the money or do you have suggestions for any other option (non-Ford camera)?

I want to get the very basic stuff initially (eg. mats, mud flaps etc). April onwards, will pick up cues from your ownership thread and get my car loaded

Please let me know what all things to add, along with mat and mud flaps, during delivery.

Thanks once again and waiting for your reply.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th January 2014 at 22:33. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
pc1686 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 17:50   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi ecosport rules,

Thanks for the very nice pics.

Wanted to PM you for your contact number but since I am a newbie, I see no option to send you one.. Is it really worth the money or do you have suggestions for any other option (non-Ford camera)
Hi,

Congrats on your new ride.
Add everything slowly depending on your requirements, you will have a big platter on my thread to choose from.

Maximum number of smileys are two per post, other wise it will lead to a warning from moderators. Read the forum rules once again.I had a similar problem.

Now coming back to our topic:

1.I cannot PM you until you reach 25 posts.
2.There are after market reversing systems which function similarly except the day night function (cost 6000 to 8000 INR).I personally donot prefer those because of warrenty issues and they donot have fuses.Be sure to get the dealer on your side before doing any electrical tampering

Hope this helps and I will be glad to help you out with anything you need.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 20th January 2014 at 17:52.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 20:40   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

2.There are after market reversing systems which function similarly except the day night function (cost 6000 to 8000 INR).I personally donot prefer those because of warrenty issues and they donot have fuses.Be sure to get the dealer on your side before doing any electrical tampering

Hope this helps and I will be glad to help you out with anything you need.
Thanks Dr. Kumar.

So, you suggest going for the Ford rear view camera? Can you please throw some more light on the merits of the camera sold by Ford at 27K.

Also I need your suggestion on where to buy the 3D mats from? And will it save me some cash if I buy the insurance on my own rather than from the dealer? Any cons for the same.

Thanks for the warning to control my smile(ys)

Last edited by pc1686 : 20th January 2014 at 20:48.
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 23:57   #247
BHPian

Exclamation Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Thanks Dr. Kumar.

So, you suggest going for the Ford rear view camera? Can you please throw some more light on the merits of the camera sold by Ford at 27K.

Also I need your suggestion on where to buy the 3D mats from? And will it save me some cash if I buy the insurance on my own rather than from the dealer? Any cons for the same.:

Hi,

Do some search on Aliexpress.com, they are quite reliable too
I suggest you go through the text of my thread in detail.

The camera's quality is decent but not great like the one I have on my Civic.
I took a combi individual pack which was worth it.

Regarding 3D mats, buy the spidex series that too genuine from any accessory shop
They are worth it.
Counterfeits are cheaper and they are worthless

I believe in one funda since 18 years:

Always buy everything from the dealer, if not available or he doesnt mind then buy from outside after taking him on your side.
You will never get into trouble.

1)Let it be accessories or insurance, always remember the dealer gets a cut out of it.
Hence they are happy to go out of the way to help you when in trouble.

2)Try another scenario where you have disappointed the dealer by buying outside, guess how much hard time the dealer can give you even for a minor issue.

In conclusion buy combi packages or negotiate to get the costs down but buy from the dealer.
These are my opinions based on personal experiences.

Hope it helps

Last edited by ecosport rules : 20th January 2014 at 23:59.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Regarding 3D mats, buy the spidex series that too genuine from any accessory shop
They are worth it.
Counterfeits are cheaper and they are worthless

Hello Dr. Kumar,

I tried searching a lot for the spidex 3D mats for EcoSport but no dealer seems to have it. In fact, each time I said spidex, they said we have "Max Spider". They are for around 5800 INR. Is it the same?

If no, can you please suggest where can I procure it from in Bangalore?

Thanks.
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:22   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Dr. Kumar,

I tried searching a lot for the spidex 3D mats for EcoSport but no dealer seems to have it. In fact, each time I said spidex, they said we have "Max Spider". They are for around 5800 INR. Is it the same?

If no, can you please suggest where can I procure it from in Bangalore?

Thanks.
Max spider is right and the price quoted is reasonable
Go for it
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:56   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34
Hi Doc, can you let me the source and price of that small antenna you have on your ecosport. I am interested in one if it improves reception and is also easy to put the cover on.
Thanks
Hi
Srinath,

You are right.With a smaller antenna it becomes very easy to handle the car cover and improves reception too.

I bought it during my travel outside India but you can get a similar one in Sparco(available in all accessory shops).

Will post this in the thread too for the benefit of others.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:31   #251
BHPian

Quote:
39) Stanley tool kit
Hello Sir,

Congrats on your EcoSport and i love the accessories setup by you, takes the DYI concept to a new level for youngsters like us.

Can you share the model # for the Stanley Tool kit, I am looking for one as well and your kit seems a good fit, also does the main holder / handle have a motorized function ?

Regards,
Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy_u : 23rd January 2014 at 14:34.
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:43   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello Sir,

Congrats on your EcoSport and i love the accessories setup by you, takes the DYI concept to a new level for youngsters like us.

Can you share the model # for the Stanley Tool kit, I am looking for one as well and your kit seems a good fit, also does the main holder / handle have a motorized function ?

Regards,
Jimmy
Thanks mate.
The kit is available with most stanley dealers.
It is not motorized as I would like it, because those dont come with 10 to 90 degree flexible handle.
This kit comes in handy at tight corners too.

It has a rachet function with all the adapters you will ever need
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:45   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.
The kit is available with most stanley dealers.
It is not motorized as I would like it, because those dont come with 10 to 90 degree flexible handle.
This kit comes in handy at tight corners too.

It has a rachet function with all the adapters you will ever need
Thanks for the Quick reply.

I was looking online (Flipkart / http://www.smesauda.com/) but could not spot this one, hence thought of check if there is a model Number.

will visit a dealer with the pic and check.

cheers.
Jimmy
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 23:49   #254
BHPian

Hello ecosport rules

I have followed all your posts from the very beginning and have admired the modifications that you have carried out on your ecosport.

You have displayed such passion on working on your car, I have no words but to say 'hat's off'.

I have taken delivery of my ecosport tdci Titanium in December from mody ford. The delivery was anything but pleasant. Had to argue about the insurance which they insisted was a dealer compulsion. It was later sorted out amicably, though leaving a bitter after-taste.

Will be following your thread closely as I am yet to start on the modification front.
laferrari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 12:40   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
Hello ecosport rules

I have followed all your posts from the very beginning and have admired the modifications that you have carried out on your ecosport.

You have displayed such passion on working on your car, I have no words but to say 'hat's off'.

I have taken delivery of my ecosport tdci Titanium in December from mody ford. The delivery was anything but pleasant. Had to argue about the insurance which they insisted was a dealer compulsion. It was later sorted out amicably, though leaving a bitter after-taste.

Will be following your thread closely as I am yet to start on the modification front.

Thanks mate, you were offline for a long time.
BTW congratulations.
Please join us for the teambhp meet and drive tomorrow, will me nice to meet all the Hyderabad enthusiasts.
Below is the link refer page 5

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-next-one.html

Last edited by ecosport rules : 25th January 2014 at 12:44.