Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th April 2014, 20:37   #271
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,
I need help regarding sun control during summers.
-magnetic shades.(problematic when rolling down to access outside esp toll tickets etc)
Magnetic shades if applied properly don't generally cause problem while rolling up and down. Best way to apply them is instead of wetting the glass by spray before applying, just soak the shade in water and rinse extra water and apply it. After that just wipe dry the whole thing with clothe and avoid rolling window for few hours. Have been using on my 800 for years now and no problem whatsoever. However if the rolling up and down is frequent, they may need reapplication.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 00:17   #272
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Guys,
Its fine within the city but the constant sun hitting you is quite irritating.
Why don't you consider transparent sun films ? I believe the ones that are near to transparent won't be noticeable to the cops to cause any trouble.

Agree with you on magnetic and roll on shades. Magnetic shades are exorbitantly priced as well.
Anoop_SG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 03:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Magnetic shades if applied properly don't generally cause problem while rolling up and down. Best way to apply them is instead of wetting the glass by spray before applying, just soak the shade in water and rinse extra water and apply it. After that just wipe dry the whole thing with clothe and avoid rolling window for few hours. Have been using on my 800 for years now and no problem whatsoever. However if the rolling up and down is frequent, they may need reapplication.
Can you please post some pictures of the same
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 07:26   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's Garware sunfilms SL-70, 100% visibility. Good heat rejection. This is TBHPian Binford's Ikon.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc_0746.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-dsc_0772.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 07:52   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I am away from my home right now, I can only help with the pictures by month end, if that is not too late.
Old 5th April 2014, 08:58   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's Garware sunfilms SL-70, 100% visibility. Good heat rejection. This is TBHPian Binford's Ikon.

Can you post the purchase link for this? Or any idea on where we can get this done in Hyderabad. On garware solutions site I could not find this model
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 09:10   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Can you post the purchase link for this? Or any idea on where we can get this done in Hyderabad. On garware solutions site I could not find this model
I do not have more details. Kindly check with TBHPian Binford. He is using it.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 10:00   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,
As far as possible, please avoid sticking tints of any shade/transparency on the door windows. I am not sure how the system works elsewhere but here in Gujarat, cops do random checking. They pull you over and carefully check for tints stuck to the innards. If they find one, they simply use a hobby knife and rip them off the windows without using any soap solution or such. No amount of pleading would help. A colleague had his tints forcefully removed recently from his Jazz. Those were light tints and for a person with an average eyesight, everything inside the cabin was visible but all his begging fell on deaf ears. They would simply quote the law and remove the tints.

Although this is against the revised laws, you could try those sun control films from 3M/Garware for the front and rear windshields. They are being advertised as having heat reduction properties and improving the cooling inside the cabin. Cops somehow do not seem to be bothered with these stuck on the windshields. As per the revised laws of the MVA, sun films of any amount of VLT (Visible Light Transmission) is currently prohibited on any glass in the vehicle.

If aesthetics isnít a concern while travelling during hot summers, the cheapest option is the square window blinds with the suction cups. They retail for cheap, looks cheap but works well.

Name:  shade8.jpg
Views: 2646
Size:  103.6 KB
(Image for reference)
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 11:07   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Oops! I think I made a blunder while advising you about the shades, I misunderstood the magnetic shades with the shades the sticks with the glass after applying water. I later realized my folly by checking out the pictures of magnetic shades.I sincerely apologizy to ecosport rules.
BTW they can also be a good and cheap alternatives to keep sun rays out, they come as cheap as 40-60 bucks per piece.
Old 7th April 2014, 10:57   #280
BHPian

I just went through a page selling magnetic shades for ES, but i haven't seen them in person. Please share some pictures if you get to see them (costing more than 3K).

Here is the link: http://www.autofurnish.com/p/1363/au...ecosport-4-pcs
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 11:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kumar,

I am opting for this new product Stay-cool nano spray coating on glass. My friend is a dealer for this and costs around ~18k for Fortuner's glass areas. I should be getting this done by end of this week. It is a nano particle spray which is permanent and does have high heat rejection percentages.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-sunfilm.html (Stay-Kool Micro coating on Glass. Alternative to Sunfilm?)
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 11:58   #282
BHPian

Hi Ecosport rules,

Could you please post some close up shots of the number plate frame ? Are they of the same size for front and rear ?

If possible could you help me find some similar ones from Aliexpress. The number plates (IND ones) that I have, tend to loose its shape at the ends, when fastened by the 2 screws in the middle.

Also, could you please help answer the following questions (I am running short of time if I am to source these from China, which is why I am pestering you constantly -apologies) :

- my friend tells me that Aliexpress doesnot deliver in China. Could you tell me how it works (ie in the site, I couldn't find the delivery option to China)
- Hope the LHD set up will not be an issue for 3D mats, as the pedal arrangement is same.
- Will the new Fiesta seat cover suit Ecosport ?
- Can you please let me know the sizes (front and rear) and exact model name/code of the hella wipers.
Anoop_SG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 12:27   #283
BHPian

Arrow Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
1.white light is connected to parking light supply, socket to socket(u have to switch on whenever u need it)
2.yellow light is connected to indicator /hazard, socket to socket
I get the white light part (the socket of the stock parking light is mated to the socket of the white light without tempering the wires). But, in case of turning the lights yellow and lighting the stock indicators too (at the same time) wouldn't it be necessary to connect the stock socket for indicator to both, the stock indicator and the DRLs?

I know it sounds complex.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 14:58   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

A/C is fantastic in peaks heats too so the cooling inside is not the issue.

Options are.
-sun control film(banned)
-magnetic shades.(problematic when rolling down to access outside esp toll tickets etc)
-roll on shades-most practical (dont like the drilling and ugly projection on the door pad).Any way to conseal it like the OEMs is welcome
Try the Nano Coating:
http://stay-kool.net/
india@stay-kool.net ;+9140 66418001/2/3
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5653217.ece

parent company: http://www.fumin-global.com/aboutus.html
As it is a nano-coating it will not be detectable. Also 100% transparent. Company based in Hyderabad with japanese collaboration.

Windshield Experts has a service where they replace the front glass with a solar heat absorbent laminated one. See attached PDF.

Last alternative:-
Use 80% VLT on front windshield & rear glass. Go for 3M or some better brand. I am using 70%VLT from Global (Us brand marketed by Garware) and it is really effective in cutting out the heat. For sides rely on stick on shades. That way you will not be bothered much by the police.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WE_CoolGlas.pdf (780.6 KB, 576 views)

Last edited by sridhar-v : 7th April 2014 at 15:18. Reason: added contact details
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 00:38   #285
BHPian

Many thanks to you guys for the input regarding sun control.
A very good news to all of us.

Talked to a Ford engineer yesterday,working at the Ecosport plant.

He said the car comes with tinted glasses which have 85 percent heat rejection.
This was a step taken by Ford owing to our hot summers.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote