Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 18:34   #16
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Congratulations on your buy. Nice writeup, it was a good unbiased and detailed.
Surprised to see so many mods just out of showroom

About the 3M PPF, I did it for my ORVMs. The material starts turning yellow after some time and will look real bad on your white car. I am surprised the 3M guys sold it to you. Stick to polishing and don't do it for the bonnet it will be a spoiler you will regret for sure. After a month or two the door edges will look like you have stuck sellotape.

Cheers!
About the 3M PPF,they clearly mention that it cannot be used for white carsas it tends to acquire yellow tinge.Before deciding for my car I have personally inspected silver cars treated an year back,they looked alright.

But I will take your advice and refrain from the bonnet wrap,thanks for sharing.

May be we can give it some more time and decide later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Ecosport Rules Awesome pics and nice review
Can you please let me know where you got 3D mats and sparco wipers
I'm very much inspired by the accessories that you have added to your vehicle hopefully i'll be able to do as much as you have done if vitamin M permits

I have learnt during my China visit that 3D mats are same for the new fiesta and ecosport,as they share the same platform.I took the risk and bought one set and they were a perfect fit.

So you can safely pick the fiestas 3D mat set.

As for the Sparco wipers they were plug and play from MOTOMINDS Hyderabad.

I am sure you will buy all what you desire.All the best

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st July 2013 at 10:17. Reason: Back to back posts.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 18:53   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 91 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

@Ecosport Rules excellent pics with good review. Thanks for sharing.

I have one query regarding underbody (Engine Sump guard) protection. In your thread Engine guard is mentioned inside the accessory list which you bought. My understanding was that Diesel Ecosport came with a plastic sump guard, did you replace that with this one mentioned in the Picture (or) is it original sump guard itself ?
Aceman82 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 19:37   #18
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
@Ecosport Rules excellent pics with good review. Thanks for sharing.

I have one query regarding underbody (Engine Sump guard) protection. In your thread Engine guard is mentioned inside the accessory list which you bought. My understanding was that Diesel Ecosport came with a plastic sump guard, did you replace that with this one mentioned in the Picture (or) is it original sump guard itself ?
The diesel comes with factory fitted with carpet like bottom cover which is primarily for sound insulation and will not offer any protection, ill post a picture of that.
The accessory engine guard is solidly built ABS plastic, will offer good protection.
Attached Images
 
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 19:57   #19
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 401 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The diesel comes with factory fitted with carpet like bottom cover which is primarily for sound insulation and will not offer any protection, ill post a picture of that.
The accessory engine guard is solidly built ABS plastic, will offer good protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
From the looks of it I thought it was metal. Whats with ABS plastic everywhere now a days. It breaks on impact. However high GC is a good thing on EcoSport.

Don't get enthusiastic while driving on rough patches.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 20:18   #20
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 392
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

ecosport rules,
Your review was very informative indeed! Excellent work and congrats on the EcoSport!

I went through your write up thoroughly and I have a few questions.

1. Will you please give us the break up of the cost of upgrading the tyres.
2. How much did you pay for the Engine Guard, Blind spot indicators, Sparco wiper blades?
3. From where did you source the Parking lights? (Which website)
4. Does the Titanium (O) come with the auto-dimming IRVM?
5. Any rattles/squeaks in these 3000kms you have done?

I'm asking all this because I have booked a T(O) Diesel as well and I am really impressed with some of the accessories you have fitted to your vehicle.
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 21:13   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,425
Thanked: 743 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Many many congratulations , she is a stunner and i wish you a great ownership experience. Nice photos , some more of the interiors definitely needed!!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 21:19   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Nice Review,

So did you add the front parking sensors as an official accessory? - Price? - Warranty impact if not official accessory?

I could not see much of a difference in the with and without rear spoiler snaps - does it not make the spoiler come out any further?

Once again a super review.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 21:23   #23
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

[quote=ecosport rules;3194409]The diesel comes with factory fitted with carpet like bottom cover which is primarily for sound insulation and will not offer

Thanks a lot ecosport rules ! this amount of information is very hard to come by even from the dealer , i initially thought that the engine guard is the plastic cladding that comes inside the Bonnet that will cover the engine block.
I believe you initially ignored the IRVM display unit since it was not of good quality , has the quality issue sorted out now ? Also could you please post an image of the rear view camera placement .
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 21:49   #24
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 478
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Please post some photographs of the trunk mat.
Please share the contact details of the shop where you got it.
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 23:57   #25
BHPian
 
McLaren Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi/Thane/Mum
Posts: 104
Thanked: 79 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Have you tried sourcing parts from outside India, stuff that's not available here, like the DRLs?
McLaren Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 00:31   #26
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
@"ecosport rules"
[*]Reverse camera with day night function irvm makes parking a breeze.

Could you please post the image of the reverse camera placement
Sure will do that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
From the looks of it I thought it was metal. Whats with ABS plastic everywhere now a days. It breaks on impact. However high GC is a good thing on EcoSport.

Don't get enthusiastic while driving on rough patches.

1.Thanks for the suggestion, will be careful on rough patches.
2.It will surely scratch and may break on massive impact as you said, but atleast the guard will break instead of the sump.Whereas if we leave the original stock carpet in place, it will surely damage the sump(Meanwhile as you rightly said ABS is not a permanant solution,I am working on making this guard in metal cladded with rubber on both sides using the stock carpet as a template, will update the progress later)





Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
ecosport rules,
Your review was very informative indeed! Excellent work and congrats on the EcoSport!

I went through your write up thoroughly and I have a few questions.

1. Will you please give us the break up of the cost of upgrading the tyres.
2. How much did you pay for the Engine Guard, Blind spot indicators, Sparco wiper blades?
3. From where did you source the Parking lights? (Which website)
4. Does the Titanium (O) come with the auto-dimming IRVM?
5. Any rattles/squeaks in these 3000kms you have done?
e.
1.Paid inr 20000 plus my five Good year assurance tyres to get 5 pieces of Yokohama DB tyres
2.Engine guard inr 5750, blind spor mirrors 500 Thai bhat, wipers inr 1200.
3.Parking and interior T10 type white led replacement bulbs from Ford, China during my last visit(they are actually manufactured by Philips for Ford)
4.IRVM is an accessory, I picked it up as a part of individual pack about which I have explained earlier.
5.No rattles and squeaks till date. (I have been driving it quite carefully with a light foot so cannot comment on the rough use rattle resistance of the vehicle)



Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nice Review,

So did you add the front parking sensors as an official accessory? - Price? - Warranty impact if not official accessory?

I could not see much of a difference in the with and without rear spoiler snaps - does it not make the spoiler come out any further?

Once again a super review.
1.Front parking sensor is an official accessory, price 3500, infact it is the same set which ford supplies as a rear parking sensor for ambiente and trend models. (For your information the sensors are made by Autocop for ford )
2.The spoiler comes out marginally, you may not even notice it if some body doesnt tell you that it is there.




[quote=ranjithrnair;3194516]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The diesel comes with factory fitted with carpet like bottom cover which is primarily for sound insulation and will not offer

Thanks a lot ecosport rules ! this amount of information is very hard to come by even from the dealer , i initially thought that the engine guard is the plastic cladding that comes inside the Bonnet that will cover the engine block.
I believe you initially ignored the IRVM display unit since it was not of good quality , has the quality issue sorted out now ? Also could you please post an image of the rear view camera placement .
Yes it has been sorted, now this particular accessory is being sourced from Ford, Brazil.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Please post some photographs of the trunk mat.
Please share the contact details of the shop where you got it.
It is trunk tray and not the mat, similar in contour to the 3D mat like a tray and thus the name.It is available from Ford dealers.
Attached Images
    

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2013 at 00:40.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 01:42   #27
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Have you tried sourcing parts from outside India, stuff that's not available here, like the DRLs?
I have tried but the head lamps with DRLs are out of stock in Ford, China.

Meanwhile I could get a pair of superbright 55w/60w bulbs from Ford, china and to my surprise these are 20 percent better than Philips extreme vision and Osram night breaker.

  • The other expensive option is projectors from AVK ford, mumbai.I am attaching the pictures which I received from the dealer
  • He said projectors cost around 30000 a pair and are fitted inside the existing stock headlight assembly by dismantling and reassembling the headlight unit.
  • He also mentioned this will not effect warranty as he will use all existing sockets and will not alter any wiring
  • One more noteworthy thing is that ecosport comes with H4 that means same wiring for high and low beams so the projectors have to be bixenons (Same projector will work for high and low beam as you can see in the pictures)
Attached Images
   

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2013 at 02:10.
ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 08:43   #28
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Sure will do that.

1.Thanks for the suggestion, will be careful on rough patches.
2.It will surely scratch and may break on massive impact as you said, but atleast the guard will break instead of the sump.Whereas if we leave the original stock carpet in place, it will surely damage the sump(Meanwhile as you rightly said ABS is not a permanant solution,I am working on making this guard in metal cladded with rubber on both sides using the stock carpet as a template, will update the progress later)
I am sure you will do.

Looks like you are a champion in sourcing. You are bringing together the best from world over on a new ride. Anything that can be done on EcoSport is there on yours.

This thread has great value. Good job.

Cheers!
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 09:53   #29
BHPian
 
McLaren Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi/Thane/Mum
Posts: 104
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

I have tried but the head lamps with DRLs are out of stock in Ford, China.

Meanwhile I could get a pair of superbright 55w/60w bulbs from Ford, china and to my surprise these are 20 percent better than Philips extreme vision and Osram night breaker.

[*]The other expensive option is projectors from AVK ford, mumbai.I am attaching the pictures which I received from the dealer[*]He said projectors cost around 30000 a pair and are fitted inside the existing stock headlight assembly by dismantling and reassembling the headlight unit.[*]He also mentioned this will not effect warranty as he will use all existing sockets and will not alter any wiring[*]One more noteworthy thing is that ecosport comes with H4 that means same wiring for high and low beams so the projectors have to be bixenons (Same projector will work for high and low beam as you can see in the pictures)
Okay. Good to know that Ford China ships accessories overseas.
The projectors look good, but @ 30k a pair, I think you should make do with the 55/60 bulbs which I guess are much better than stock. Hold off for a while till the time after market DRLs are available. I'm sure fabricators in India will also start selling them eventually, DRLs + projectors housed in the same package.
McLaren Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 10:10   #30
BHPian
 
urajkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 357
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

WOW! This certainly is a must read for ecosport buyers! I am getting my car delivered today and I will take a leaf or two out of your experience! Thanks for sharing your detailed review with awesome pictures!
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) Naman_Ferrari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 22nd October 2014 10:47
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver xuv2390 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 5th September 2013 00:05
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium Silver joins the family Ricci Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 14th June 2013 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks