Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 15th April 2014, 03:33   #286
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

After a long research and deliberation I got the rain visors installed.

1) The Ford provided visors were very narrow(very close to the glass) which prevents proper cleaning(also odd shaped giving it a non genuine look).

2) I saw this brand "kanglong" which has amazing finish almost zero undulations on surface and also used double tape and pin clip mechanism for fixing.(never comes off)

3) most of the after market ones like galio and others had undulations from an angle and also didnt have the clip mechanism to fix.

4)Initially Kanglong wasnt available for Ecosport, hence the wait for it started.

(Special thanks to bhpian getsurya who helped me source the product from Mumbai)

The final finish is outstanding
I will let the pictures do the talking
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20140415wa0006.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-img20140415wa0005.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by ecosport rules : 15th April 2014 at 03:42.
ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:29   #287
BHPian

Arrow Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
They look fabulous. Are the chrome strips integrated with the visor? Iím not a big admirer of window visors, but after looking at the ones on your EcoSport I feel they look great actually.

How many bucks did you pay for eveything?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 15:51   #288
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
They look fabulous. Are the chrome strips integrated with the visor? Iím not a big admirer of window visors, but after looking at the ones on your EcoSport I feel they look great actually.

How many bucks did you pay for eveything?
Thank you.
Yes, the chrome strip is integrated and looks neat.
Paid INR 3000.

Advantages of rain visors:.
1]During rainy season you can lower the window by an inch and get the cool breeze minus the rain and dust
2]Can do the same when you park in extreme heat.(helps in prevention of heat buildup and promotes heat dissipation, also keeps out prying hands)
3] Improved aesthetics.
4] Easy to defrost windows during rains.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 16:28   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice install and gives the car a nice look and fits snug. Doesn't spoil the look of the car specially with that chrome insert!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 17:04   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The final finish is outstanding
Hi ecosport rules,

The door visors are awesome, for sure! I am glad you also got the same company you were looking for.

I will look for them for Fortuner too, they are worth that money for the fit and finish!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 23:15   #291
Senior - BHPian

Having got a chance to check out your car in person, I must say that the door visors look great in person. Do use them on the highway and give us your feedback if they make any sounds at high speeds.

I had started a thread on this forum if they were good to install a few years back, but backtracked after many people said they don't last long and produce sounds at high speeds, apart from increasing drag in the wind tunnel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-install.html (Are Door Visors good to install?)

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th April 2014 at 23:16.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 11:49   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Having got a chance to check out your car in person, I must say that the door visors look great in person. Do use them on the highway and give us your feedback if they make any sounds at high speeds.

I had started a thread on this forum if they were good to install a few years back, but backtracked after many people said they don't last long and produce sounds at high speeds, apart from increasing drag in the wind tunnel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-install.html (Are Door Visors good to install?)
Thanks for the kind words..
Got a chance to travel on the ORR and be rest assured that they donot produce any extra noise. (Did around 120kmph)

I have seen your thread and I think it all depends on the shape dynamics of each visor design.
We echo each others thoughts regarding the uses of visors.

Cheap contraptions with bad design definitely will hamper dynamics of the car.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 15:28   #293
BANNED

Don't know if this is of any relevance, but I think ford India has been inspired by this thread; http://www.motoroids.com/news/ford-e...unning-lights/

They are now offering LED DRLs similar to yours as an optional accessory for about 14k. The company really is milking the Indian customer they are the new rage and most people still dont know where to get it done or dont have the time. With this being offered as OEM fitment, almost everyone will be opting for this.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 15:02   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Remap and built in touch screen with navigation is on my cards, hope to take some pointers from you.
Thanks Ecosports Rules. I have seen your thread it's simply great. I loved the projector and DRL mod you have done on your head lamps. I am going for robotic eye projectors myself.

As for the remapping, just go for it. You'll love your car even more. Tune-o-tronics guys are excellent. Soon I'll post all about it.

In the mean time you can get the latest 6.8 firmware updated on your car from the ford showroom. Like me, if you received your car in one of the initial lots, chances are that the firmware on your car is v6.6. The latest one is said to be much better. Once you get used to it, you can go for the remap on the latest firmware.

I checked out some touch screens as well, built for Ecosport. They were great. All of them were 35k+. Only thing holding me back is the place it is installed. It sits where the display is located. Not the most ergonomic place for a car's touch screen. It just seems too far to operate comfortably from the driver seat.

Anyhow, It is going to be a blast exchanging knowledge and experiences with gurus like yourself. Looking forward to it.
EcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 15:57   #295
Senior - BHPian

Does the Ecosport come with a factory fitted sump guard? Or did you fit it on? If you got it, where did you get it from and how much did it cost you?

I haven't managed to get under a Figo, but am assuming it doesn't have one. Would like to have one kitted on it and liked what you had. Thanks man.

Nice car :-)
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 16:18   #296
BHPian

@Eco Beast - Few Queries here

Have you done the ECU upgrade from the Service Center , if yes , was that an initiative from the Service Center or you requested the same ?

Have you done the remap with Tune-O-Tronics ? If Yes , Could you please share some more details on the same.
ranjithrnair is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 00:19   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
@Eco Beast - Few Queries here

Have you done the ECU upgrade from the Service Center , if yes , was that an initiative from the Service Center or you requested the same ?

Have you done the remap with Tune-O-Tronics ? If Yes , Could you please share some more details on the same.
I haven't yet. I am planning to do it in a couple of weeks, with my second service. It was not an initiative from the dealer. After I read about the upgrade I called my local Ford dealer and confirmed. Ford is silently providing the upgrade with new cars. You can approach the dealer get the upgrade flash on your car.

Yes. I have gotten my car remapped by tune-o-tronics. I am going to get the upgrade and get it upgraded ROM remapped again.

I will soon post all about the entire remapping experience. Stay tuned
EcoBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 02:27   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Thanks Ecosports Rules. I have seen your thread it's simply great. I loved the projector and DRL mod you have done on your head lamps.

In the mean time you can get the latest 6.8 firmware updated on your car from the ford showroom. Like me, if you received your car in one of the initial lots, chances are that the firmware on your car is v6.6. The latest one is said to be much better. Once you get used to it, you can go for the remap on the latest firmware.

Anyhow, It is going to be a blast exchanging knowledge and experiences with gurus like yourself. Looking forward to it.

Thanks a ton for the info on firmware upgrade, will get it done on 2nd May.
Keep me posted with the touch screen upgrade.

How will the remap effect warranty? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Does the Ecosport come with a factory fitted sump guard? Or did you fit it on? If you got it, where did you get it from and how much did it cost you?

I haven't managed to get under a Figo, but am assuming it doesn't have one. Would like to have one kitted on it and liked what you had. Thanks man.

Nice car :-)
Thanks a lot.
Engine guard is available with all Ford dealers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st May 2014 at 09:57. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-quote instead of typing successive posts within 30 minutes.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 08:20   #299
BHPian

Quote:

How will the remap effect warranty? .
Remapping will void the warranty. But the service center guys won't come to know unless you tell them. They are just not technical enough to figure it out on their own.
Most tuners (including Tune-0-Tronics) modify the contents of the existing files so there is no change in the file list as well. Which means even if the service center guys do an ECU scan, they won't be able to detect it.
They only check for remaps when the customer has put up a hefty warranty claim. If at all you need to do so, just get the stock map applied again, and get the claim. Once done get the remap again. Tuners do this for free as part of their 'after sales service'.
EcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 09:25   #300
BHPian

But the 1.5TDCI requires a bench flashing right ? in that case the ECU box opening part can be easily detected i guess?
ranjithrnair is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote