Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th May 2014, 17:10   #331
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any idea who is the manufacturer of the sunroof and the system? .

They said it would be webasto but I doubt it.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 23:47   #332
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
How much would it cost? Any idea if it could be fitted onto other ford vehicles?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 23:13   #333

hello ecosport rules, I am a newcomer in team bhp. I am a fan of your car. i like the way you have modified your ride. I am also a lucky person to get the car within one week of launch. I would like to know how you have installed the brembo caliper cover on disc brake caliper. when i asked at a local accessory shop, they told me it wont fit on ecosport. I see that there is very little space between the caliper and the wheel.
ecosportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 16:27   #334
BHPian

Is there a bulb out alarm notification feature in the driver console in the Ecosport?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 18:31   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please confirm from the first picture it whether this version is the latest from Ford.
This was the latest according to Mody Ford.

I witnessed Megaudio system being installed in an ecosport.
Its got an HD screen but several functions are missing.
Hi EcosportRules,
Sorry for responding so late. Life has been crazy lately. The latest version is CN11-12A650-PH. Here is the screen shot I took when the PCM of my Ecosport was being updated last Saturday(24-May-14).

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update3.jpg

Also, there is a touch screen unit for Ecosport developed by Caska. it costs 45K, has HD screen and supports every single feature of the existing unit + it has the GPS navigation from tom-tom which is upgradable.
EcoBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 12:19   #336
BHPian

Hello Everybody. This is my first post.
This thread has been an excellent one. All thanks to ecosport rules
I would like to ask that is it advisable to get drls from ford as i have observed that these have poor performance and they are charging 14k instead go for aftermarket setup with projectors and HID which obviously look amazing.
Which ones to go for ?

Thank You
bhavukjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:21   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
I would like to ask that is it advisable to get drls from ford as i have observed that these have poor performance and they are charging 14k instead go for aftermarket setup with projectors and HID which obviously look amazing.
Which ones to go for ?

Thank You
Entirely depends on your perspective, preferences and budget. All options have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Ford's DRL head lamps:
Ford is not offering DRLs but the entire headlamp assembly kit. which means your existing headlamps will be removed and these new ones with built in DRLs will be installed. The price is for the pair of headlamp assembly.
The DRL in these lamps is not really a strip of LEDs covered with white tube. It is just an acrylic tube with two LEDs bulbs at the ends. These LEDs cause the acrylic tube to glow, which is why it doesn't look that bright in the day time but looks bright enough in the night. This is how the signature lights of most imported cars are built.
Advantages:
  • Factory made so you'll have that piece of mind.
  • Come with some warranty, so if the DRL goes bad within the warranty period, you'll get a replacement.
Disadvantage:
  • Not bright enough during the day.
  • No projector option available.

Aftermarket DRL & projector installation:
Advantages:
  • You can pick and choose the type of projector and DRLs of your choice.
  • The DRL tube installed is actually a flexible LED strip within a rubber tube so it glows bright during the day as well.
Disadvantages:
  • Requires opening the head lamp and installation should only be done by a well experienced professional. Projector installation is tricky and right alignment is crucial.
  • The flexible DRL tube that is installed is not branded and doesn't come with any warranty. If at all you get any warranty, it will be from the shop you buy it from. They simply factor in the cost of replacement and jack-up the price.
  • Depending on the type and brand of projectors you choose, the price range can vary a lot. For DRL and projectors, anything from 15k to 35K is possible.

Aftermarket headlamp assemblies for Ecosport:
A variety of ready made headlamp assemblies are available for ford Ecosport. You can check those out on the internet or your local accessories shops.
Here is the one that I chose. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3433495 (Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?)
Advantages:
  • Professionally designed and factory built.
  • Comes with a warranty
  • Plug and play. No professional help required.
Disadvantages:
  • Price ranges from 22K to 35K depending on the one you select.
  • you don't get to choose the type and brand of projectors and DRLs.
EcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:51   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Entirely depends on your perspective, preferences and budget. All options have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Ford's DRL head lamps:
Ford is not offering DRLs but the entire headlamp assembly kit. which means your existing headlamps will be removed and these new ones with built in DRLs will be installed. The price is for the pair of headlamp assembly.
The DRL in these lamps is not really a strip of LEDs covered with white tube. It is just an acrylic tube with two LEDs bulbs at the ends. These LEDs cause the acrylic tube to glow, which is why it doesn't look that bright in the day time but looks bright enough in the night. This is how the signature lights of most imported cars are built.
Advantages:
  • Factory made so you'll have that piece of mind.
  • Come with some warranty, so if the DRL goes bad within the warranty period, you'll get a replacement.
Disadvantage:
  • Not bright enough during the day.
  • No projector option available.

Aftermarket DRL & projector installation:
Advantages:
  • You can pick and choose the type of projector and DRLs of your choice.
  • The DRL tube installed is actually a flexible LED strip within a rubber tube so it glows bright during the day as well.
Disadvantages:
  • Requires opening the head lamp and installation should only be done by a well experienced professional. Projector installation is tricky and right alignment is crucial.
  • The flexible DRL tube that is installed is not branded and doesn't come with any warranty. If at all you get any warranty, it will be from the shop you buy it from. They simply factor in the cost of replacement and jack-up the price.
  • Depending on the type and brand of projectors you choose, the price range can vary a lot. For DRL and projectors, anything from 15k to 35K is possible.

Aftermarket headlamp assemblies for Ecosport:
A variety of ready made headlamp assemblies are available for ford Ecosport. You can check those out on the internet or your local accessories shops.
Here is the one that I chose. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3433495 (Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?)
Advantages:
  • Professionally designed and factory built.
  • Comes with a warranty
  • Plug and play. No professional help required.
Disadvantages:
  • Price ranges from 22K to 35K depending on the one you select.
  • you don't get to choose the type and brand of projectors and DRLs.
Hello
Thank you for your detailed information. Your headlamps look amazing and different. Please share some details so that many of us can benefit from this.
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:26   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast
Hi EcosportRules, Sorry for responding so late. Life has been crazy lately. The latest version is CN11-12A650-PH. Here is the screen shot I took when the PCM of my Ecosport was being updated last Saturday(24-May-14). Also, there is a touch screen unit for Ecosport developed by Caska. it costs 45K, has HD screen and supports every single feature of the existing unit + it has the GPS navigation from tom-tom which is upgradable.
Hi EcoBeast,

What's the update on the remap carried out ?
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:03   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello
Thank you for your detailed information. Your headlamps look amazing and different. Please share some details so that many of us can benefit from this.
I have posted a detailed review of these headlamps here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3446428 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

Enjoy
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:10   #341
BHPian

Quote:
My friend got sunroof installed in his new fiesta from ford and it was webasto. So there is a possibility that they might provide webasto for ecosport also.
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:27   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Did you get the koni /bilstein springs and struts too.
I was looking to stiffen the suspension further.

Can you post some pictures of your car?.
Hi Ecosports Rules. Sorry again for responding late.
I haven't tried these springs and struts. I wonder why would you want to stiffen the suspension of Ecosport further. Ford had already stiffened them to reduce the body roll. Ecosport has very little body roll, considering it's height. if you stiffen them further, you may loose comfort. Small potholes and speed breakers will register with a much larger thud.

Hear are some pictures of my car :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3446428 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)
EcoBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:11   #343
BHPian

Hey mate,

What is the dia of your projectors? 2.5" or 3'?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 08:39   #344
BHPian

Hello

I came across this dealer for customized headlamps in delhi. The prices are irresistible. Can you guys help me with these ? What are your suggestions.
http://customlights.in/productdisplay.aspx?id=1065

PS- This link is only for the benefit of the members and not for any advertisement.

Thank you
Old 9th June 2014, 11:56   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
EcoBeast - Eagerly waiting for your update on the ECU upgrade and Remap experience !
Quote:
Hi EcoBeast,
What's the update on the remap carried out ?
Quote:
Thanks.
Is the remap guy in hyderabad too.
Also can you pen down all about your remap here?
Quote:
Are you sure that the ECU needs to be opened from the casing for a remap?
Quote:
The 1.5TDCI from Bosch is not as easy to remap as 1.4TDCI from Siemens.

The 1.4 TDCI can be remapped using the OBD2 port ( the one which you mentioned at the bottom of steering wheel) and doesn't require the ECU unit to be removed from the vehicle .

The 1.5 TDCI ECU encryption is yet to be hacked and hence the ECU unit needs to be removed from the Vehicle and need a reset of the CHIP to proceed with the Remap

Although both process has same end result , the ECU removal for 1.5 TDCI can be easily detected (visually) is what i understand .

To add, the claim for stock map replacement for the warranty claim is not entirely true , what i understood from a knowledgeable person is that the Modern ECU is intelligent enough to keep all the historical logs and it is indeed easy to identify on the changes made .

In short one should't be thinking about the ECU warranty part if he decides for Remap as Warranty will be out for sure.
Quote:
Ford will detect such fiddling easily. The service guys keep an open eye for such instances so that the warranty can be removed. Customer loss here.
Till warranty is there use tuning boxes and enjoy. Once warranty ends then go for a remap.
Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Why do you say that the reversed remap would be detected and not a detached tuning box? If the ECU is intelligent enough to remember the alterations, shouldn't it keep track of both instances equally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There is noting like history or cache in the ECU.

The ECU generally has a flash counter. Every time the ECU is flashed/mapped, the counter is incremented by 1.

There are tuners who have found a way to counter that even.

Ford is one company which releases updates/patches to the ECU often, hence there are more chances for Ford to either recognize the remap OR over-write the remap with the update.
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have posted a detailed review on the remapping experience of my Ecosport here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450838 (EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450934 (EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?)

Also I got the second service done on my car and they read the OBD2 port to check for errors, etc. They were not able to detect anything.
I will post more details about it soon.