Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th June 2014, 19:59   #346
BHPian

Default My remapped Ecosport TDCi Second service

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have posted a detailed review on the remapping experience of my Ecosport here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450838 (EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3450934 (EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?)

Also I got the second service done on my car and they read the OBD2 port to check for errors, etc. They were not able to detect anything.
I will post more details about it soon.
Hi Fellow BHPians,
I got the second service done on my car and as part of their routine check, the service center guys ran the diagnostics on the OBD2 and couldn't detect the remap.
On top of that, they even upgraded the firmware of my car to the latest version. I knew it was going to overwrite my remapping, but what excuse can one give to avoid a free firmware upgrade. That would have surely raised suspicions.
So the firmware upgrade was initiated. Their upgrade tool validates the existing firmware and even that didn't detect the remapping.

This was a conclusive test that Tune-O-Tronics maps are undetectable. At least under normal circumstances. In case you want to put up any warranty claims that involve replacing expensive engine parts, I would still suggest getting the stock map reinstated before going to service center.

Below are some images I captured while the firmware upgrade was being done.

The upgrade tool detected that the firmware version in the car is old.
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update3.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update4.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update5.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update6.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update7.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update8.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update9.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update10.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update11.jpg

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update12.jpg

After the firmware upgrade was completed, I asked the service center guys to re run the upgrade tool and it confirmed that the firmware on my car is latest.
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-pcm_update13.jpg

The worst part of the entire activity was that I lost my remapping
My car came back to stock maps and the drives feels "PATHETIC". No offence to guys driving stock maps. But once you have driven a remapped car, driving the stock map again is simply unbearable.

But don't feel too bad for me. Tune-O-Tronics remapped my car again last weekend and this time I got them to cook me an even more aggressive tune.
As per them, this is as strong as an Ecosport can ever get (without overloading the components). And the drive now is simply phenomenal. Better than my earlier tune.

I'll soon share the second remapping experience, with much better pictures this time.
EcoBeast is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 02:48   #347
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,
Also I got the second service done on my car and they read the OBD2 port to check for errors, etc. They were not able to detect anything.
I will post more details about it soon.
Good to get the updates from you, EcoBeast.
Congratulation on the latest remap.
So when are you driving down to Hyderabad so that I can drive your Ecosport?

On an interesting note.

I just got back from the mother of all trips.
That's right I got Leh'd.
23 days of pure bliss.

Drove from Hyderabad via Srinagar and again back via Manali, total distance was around 9000 km.
Attached Images

Last edited by ecosport rules : 26th June 2014 at 03:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 06:35   #348
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Lovely pics -all of them. Those fruits look delicious.
Would be interesting to read your notes on the Ecosport pertaining to this really long trip. Apparently it is a pretty comfortable vehicle to do inter city trips. A colleague's friend did a longish trip (with wife and 2 children) - Cochin/Hyderabad/Bangalore/Cochin recently and I understand he was happy with the vehicle and comfort levels.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 07:06   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Would be interesting to read your notes on the Ecosport pertaining to this really long trip.
. To answer I behalf of ecosport rules,

The 9000 kms trip was done on the Toyota Innova and not the EcoSport.

Due to luggage constraints + people seating the EcoSport could not be sufficient hence innova was taken.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 18:26   #350
Senior - BHPian

Sorry my mistake. I assumed it was an Ecosport that carried them around.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 19:03   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
...Drove from Hyderabad via Srinagar and again back via Manali, total distance was around 9000 km.
The fruits pic is supreme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
. To answer I behalf of ecosport rules,...
Looks like you were a part of the trip too?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 19:32   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like you were a part of the trip too?

I am not that fortunate to such a long leave from workplace. I do intended to have this trip soon.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 08:19   #353

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1404960317.132503.jpg
Views: 3232
Size:  114.3 KB

Hi guys,

First of all i would like to tell that this thread is awesome. The amount of knowledge one can get just by browsing through the posts is amazing. And even better if you own an ecosport yourself :-p.

Got this white beast delivered yesterday! Hoping to ctrl+c and ctrl+v some of the mods from this thread.!

Proud to be an ecosport owner and excited to be in this group!
ecosport_101 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 16:43   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport_101 View Post
Attachment 1259786

Hi guys,

First of all i would like to tell that this thread is awesome. The amount of knowledge one can get just by browsing through the posts is amazing. And even better if you own an ecosport yourself :-p.

Got this white beast delivered yesterday! Hoping to ctrl+c and ctrl+v some of the mods from this thread.!

Proud to be an ecosport owner and excited to be in this group!
Congratulations ecosport_101. welcome to the group. The white looks good. Keep posting about the mods you planned to do, along with the Pics.
highwaycruizer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 20:19   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Congratulations ecosport_101. welcome to the group. The white looks good. Keep posting about the mods you planned to do, along with the Pics.
Thanks highwaycruizer!
1. Planned to get 3d mats.
2. Searched a lot for seat covers but ended up putting the vinly ones which are offered by ford.
3. Got the essential pack also from ford.
4. Going to get Garware or 3M sunfilm (any suggestions) tomorrow with 80% visibility. So hopefully the cops shouldnt chase me!
5. Dont have any idea on what should be done about lighting! Please please help!
ecosport_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 20:36   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks highwaycruizer!
1. Planned to get 3d mats.
2. Searched a lot for seat covers but ended up putting the vinly ones which are offered by ford.
3. Got the essential pack also from ford.
4. Going to get Garware or 3M sunfilm (any suggestions) tomorrow with 80% visibility. So hopefully the cops shouldnt chase me!
5. Dont have any idea on what should be done about lighting! Please please help!
Congratulations on getting the ES.

What about underbody coating? If you haven't done it try doing it from 3M but avoid the paint sealant treatment that they'll force you to take.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 09:47   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations on getting the ES.

What about underbody coating? If you haven't done it try doing it from 3M but avoid the paint sealant treatment that they'll force you to take.

Anurag.

Hey Anurag. Thanks for your view.

Done the under body coating from 3m by paint sealant do you mean the teflon coating? I was forced for the teflon coating.
ecosport_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 03:08   #358
BHPian

Quote:
I am also thinking of going for the Vinyl seat covers that costs around 6k. They look good but quality is not that great. They said that that they wont remove the original fabric while installing the same, but fit it over the stock cover. Wonder how long the fitting will last.

I also wanted sporty pedals, but they discouraged me from taking it saying many customers faced issues with them, they become loose and so on. I guess they simply don't have it in stock. Another thing i noticed that the cost of side running board is decreased considerably from 20k+ to 11k. I saw that installed on one ecosport and seemed to be a bit flimsy.
Quote:
Hey Anurag. Thanks for your view.

Done the under body coating from 3m by paint sealant do you mean the teflon coating? I was forced for the teflon coating.
Same here. They forced me to take the teflon coating for 6k
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 07:50   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Same here. They forced me to take the teflon coating for 6k
6K. What the heck!!

Not at all acceptable from the dealers end and why didn't you stand on your fit hard to refuse the Teflon treatment?

Maruti to tried but they understood in against it so after an incident of heated words at the ASC, I have not been asked thus treatment for any of our cars.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 15:54   #360
BHPian

Hi Sir! Had a query regarding the engine guard. It does feel built solid. Is it 1) a stock fitment? 2) a company accessory? or 3) an after-market fitment?

Thanks,
Pankaj
Pjango is offline   Reply With Quote