Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 20:12   #421
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hi, I my car has almost done 20k and though I have rated the front and rear tyres. The spare Tyre is still unused.
Could you suggest how should I go about it?
Jose.solorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 10:55   #422
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Hi, I my car has almost done 20k and though I have rated the front and rear tyres. The spare Tyre is still unused.
Could you suggest how should I go about it?
I assume the front and rear tyres are in rotation routine and the spare has been left out.

Was the spare never used?
How many years old is the tyre?
Unused tyres tend to get more brittle than used ones.

If the spare is brand new, you can sell it at the time of replacing the other 4 tyres at around 40000 kms.
Then buy a set of 5 new tyres and rotate all from the beginning.

Hope that helps
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 11:17   #423
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I assume the front and rear tyres are in rotation routine and the spare has been left out.

Was the spare never used?
How many years old is the tyre?
Unused tyres tend to get more brittle than used ones.

If the spare is brand new, you can sell it at the time of replacing the other 4 tyres at around 40000 kms.
Then buy a set of 5 new tyres and rotate all from the beginning.

Hope that helps
Yes I did rotate front and the rear tyres.
However spare Tyre is still unused.
Car is 2 years and 3 months..
Which means Tyre might be around 2 and a half year old.
Though I have ridden it 20k as of now.
Thanks for the quick reply , I have been following your post since you bought your first Ecosports and mine was still in waiting list
Shall I use this method in picture.?
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20160420075559.png  


Last edited by Jose.solorider : 20th April 2016 at 11:18.
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 12:34   #424
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Yes I did rotate front and the rear tyres.
However spare Tyre is still unused.
Car is 2 years and 3 months..
Which means Tyre might be around 2 and a half year old.
Though I have ridden it 20k as of now.
Thanks for the quick reply , I have been following your post since you bought your first Ecosports and mine was still in waiting list
Shall I use this method in picture.?
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, spare tyre to right rear is the way
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 19:00   #425
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Hi,

I ordered and received the Kanglong Door Visors. I got a few metal clamps etc alongwith it. Could you let me know how to install this. I don't want to make a mistake while installing.

Cheers,
Raj
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-1461159001573.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 02:19   #426
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi,

I ordered and received the Kanglong Door Visors. I got a few metal clamps etc alongwith it. Could you let me know how to install this. I don't want to make a mistake while installing.

Cheers,
Raj
Keep all the clips carefully, will soon post some pictures.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 07:58   #427
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Thank you Ecosport Rules. There are 2 holes in the visor as well. I don't think the ones you have are with the holes. Not sure why they are there.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 11:43   #428
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Keep all the clips carefully, will soon post some pictures.
Hi Ecosport Rules,

Can you click and share some pics of the Door Visors. I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for your pics and advise on how to fix them.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 19:23   #429
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Ecosport Rules,

Can you click and share some pics of the Door Visors. I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for your pics and advise on how to fix them.

Cheers,
Raj
Apologies for the delay Raj.
For some reason I wasn't able to upload pictures from my mobile.
Will figure out a solution and get back to you
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 02:59   #430
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Ecosport Rules,

Can you click and share some pics of the Door Visors. I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for your pics and advise on how to fix them.

Cheers,
Raj
Here are few snaps.
Hope they will be of some help with the pins and clips.

Post few pictures once your installation is done.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-421326906_153370.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-421932952_147349.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-422119841_91112.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-422126109_90455.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-422340442_90479.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 06:11   #431
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 924
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi,

I ordered and received the Kanglong Door Visors. I got a few metal clamps etc alongwith it. Could you let me know how to install this. I don't want to make a mistake while installing.

Cheers,
Raj
I am looking for these visors too. Can you please post details about the place you ordered these from?
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 08:58   #432
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Here are few snaps.
Hope they will be of some help with the pins and clips.

Post few pictures once your installation is done.
Thank you so much Ecosport Rules. Really appreciate it. Would get it installed over the weekend and share the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am looking for these visors too. Can you please post details about the place you ordered these from?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Kanglong-Door...IAAOSwWTRWuyFE

This is what i ordered and seems like good stuff. Try to see if you can get hold of some Ebay coupons. Would help you save a bit .

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2016, 23:47   #433
VMG
BHPian
 
VMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hello Ecosport owners

Planning to buy a Petrol AT version and will keep for another 8 -10 years. I Will be using mostly on highways with about 7000-8000km per annum. Most 2-3 passengers.
1. How comfortable for long drive for both driver and passengers
2. Do we feel tired after long drive say about 300-350km
3. Stability on highways?
4. Maintenance cost
4. FE on both highways and city
6. Is it worth buying or go for BRV - CVT

THanks
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:46   #434
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 83
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Ecosport Rules, At the outset let me congratulate you for creating the legendary ecosport ownership thread. It was based on your thread, and your review of the car that I decided to Buy Ecosport in June, 2015. Couldn't congratulate and thank you till this particular moment, because I was not a member of Team-BHP.

Once again, You have done a very commendable job, both with your car and your ride.

I have one query, that I have always wanted to ask you, ever since I saw your projectors + DRL Setup (they look wonderful), Do they in any way affect the Warranty of the vehicle. Also, I didn't see you upgrading the stock ICE. Do you plan to do so in future ??

Thanks and Regards,
BB
BB311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 05:08   #435
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hello Ecosport owners

Planning to buy a Petrol AT version and will keep for another 8 -10 years. I Will be using mostly on highways with about 7000-8000km per annum. Most 2-3 passengers.
1. How comfortable for long drive for both driver and passengers
2. Do we feel tired after long drive say about 300-350km
3. Stability on highways?
4. Maintenance cost
4. FE on both highways and city
6. Is it worth buying or go for BRV - CVT

THanks
Ecosport AT is very well mated to the DCT gear box.

Answered your quaries as numbered.
1) Highway comfort is decent for both passengers and the driver.
2) I've done close to of 800kms in a single day and wasn't tired at the end of the day.
3) Stability is very good keeping in view that it is a vehicle with high centre if gravity but there are limits.
Always be aware and make sure that you do not push it to the limit.
4)Maintainence is nothing to worry about, I have given a detailed report about the maintenance costs in my 50000km update.
5) Petrol auto is 10kmpl in city,11 to 12 kmpl on the highway.
6) Have not test driven the BRV as yet but I suggest you to do so before any decision.
Compare the driveability between a CVT and DCT
( BRV has better boot space for sure)

Hope it helps, keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Ecosport Rules, At the outset let me congratulate you for creating the legendary ecosport ownership thread. It was based on your thread, and your review of the car that I decided to Buy Ecosport in June, 2015. Couldn't congratulate and thank you till this particular moment, because I was not a member of Team-BHP.

Once again, You have done a very commendable job, with your car.

I have one query, that I have always wanted to ask you, ever since I saw your projectors + DRL Setup (they look wonderful), Do they in any way affect the Warranty of the vehicle. Also, I didn't see you upgrading the stock ICE. Do you plan to do so in future ??

Thanks and Regards,
BB
Thanks for the kind words, I am humbled.
And
Congratulations on being a part of the most esteemed automotive forum.
You will throughly enjoy the experience.

BB311- I like the way you have a question mark beside 2016, which one is it going to be?

Regards to your quaries.
1) "Eagle eye" brand has direct plug and play headlamps which will not void warranty.
Another advantage is that they have a separate high and low beams instead of a bixenon set up which I have.
2) ICE has not been upgraded because I never found a suitable model which will retain the emergency assist function.
Both Caska and Megaudio failed in that aspect.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th May 2016 at 05:21.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) Naman_Ferrari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 22nd October 2014 10:47
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver xuv2390 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 5th September 2013 00:05
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium Silver joins the family Ricci Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 14th June 2013 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks