Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 30th August 2016, 19:39   #466
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

BTW! Hey! Look what I found for you!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4041415 (Electrically-folding ORVMs - Aftermarket options?)
komalthecoolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 19:42   #467
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Thanks a lot ER for the reply! I hate to be chasing you with questions like a news reporter but once one finds an informed guy such as you, it's hard to let go that easy

When you mentioned it earlier in the thread, I searched but couldn't find "Eagle eye" brand lights online that sell in India. The only ones I found was Autoglam. I would prefer getting the lights modified rather than buy a new set if that means saving a good amount of money.

Also, have you considered further upgrades? Like may be the Sony audio system that comes in the Europe Ford Ecosports? Or a replacement wider armrest that can be used by the passengers as well?
You can ask me any number of questions regarding the Ecosport, will be glad to help.

I would definitely want the wider armrest.Do you have any leads for the same?

The reason I had asked you to buy a new set of headlamps is that it comes with a dedicated high and low beam.(efficient design)
Autoglam is made in Taiwan and the material is good.(one model is BMW type, the other two are Range rover and Audi type all are good)

The modified one will be a bi xenon(not as efficient as the dedicated beams)

Let me know what you think about it

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th August 2016 at 20:12.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 20:13   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The reason I had asked you to buy a new set of headlamps is that it comes with a dedicated high and low beam.(efficient design)
Autoglam is made in Taiwan and the material is good.(one model is BMW type, the other one is Range rover type both are good)

I've seen a few posts (I think 2) with such lights and there's not much difference between the low and high beam as compared to yours with the perfectly cut off low beam. Also, you seem to have good luck with 35W lights compared to those lights which seem to come with 55W ones. May be I need to pay Minister Road a visit soon and see if I can find a smart technician.
Old 30th August 2016, 20:27   #469
BHPian

Quote:
I've seen a few posts (I think 2) with such lights and there's not much difference between the low and high beam as compared to yours with the perfectly cut off low beam. Also, you seem to have good luck with 35W lights compared to those lights which seem to come with 55W ones. May be I need to pay Minister Road a visit soon and see if I can find a smart technician.
There is a brand called genome which does retrofittment in Hyderabad.
They have a couple of technicians who go around the city's accessory stores, installing projectors(most of the stores are affiliated)

Any leads on the extended arm rest?
I am interested.

Thanks
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 20:32   #470
BHPian

Quote:

Any leads on the extended arm rest?
I am interested.

Thanks
One of my friends keep changing cars and he had two older Ford cards and got after market armrests with inbuilt storage which fit perfectly. I'll check with him, look around the shops, make sure it fits in an Ecosport and THEN report back to you
komalthecoolk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 07:55   #471
BHPian

Quote:
You can ask me any number of questions regarding the Ecosport, will be glad to help.

I would definitely want the wider armrest.Do you have any leads for the same?

Autoglam is made in Taiwan and the material is good.(one model is BMW type, the other two are Range rover and Audi type all are good)

I second that , I have just followed doctor here and installed the hid from the same source when he posted all the classy modifications carried out . While the quality of product is good , bixenon is less efficient by design compared to double barrel headlights with dedicated high and low beams
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:57   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I second that , I have just followed doctor here and installed the hid from the same source when he posted all the classy modifications carried out . While the quality of product is good , bixenon is less efficient by design compared to double barrel headlights with dedicated high and low beams
Did you get double barrel headlights too? I saw a few posts about people who got it and the pictures of the throw of the lights. I didn't see a clear distinction between the low and high beam and I don't want to be stopped by a policeman because of that. ER's single Bi-Xenon lights have a clear cut off on his low beam.

Edit: I contacted Autoglam and they said their customized lights are the ones with the single light and they are more effective and also can work with the headlight leveller in the car. The independent double lights are ready made and don't have this feature.

Last edited by komalthecoolk : 2nd September 2016 at 21:06. Reason: Adding to this post instead of multiple posts
komalthecoolk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 14:26   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get double barrel headlights too? I saw a few posts about people who got it and the pictures of the throw of the lights. I didn't see a clear distinction between the low and high beam and I don't want to be stopped by a policeman because of that. ER's single Bi-Xenon lights have a clear cut off on his low beam.

Edit: I contacted Autoglam and they said their customized lights are the ones with the single light and they are more effective and also can work with the headlight leveller in the car. The independent double lights are ready made and don't have this feature.

Nope I got the same light as doctor's car . If customised lights are no good , then external light is the way if highway run is of importance.
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 18:28   #474
BHPian

Ecosport Rules, Since I was so inspired by you and participated in some discussions, I also wanted to share with you the drift in my choice from Ecosport towards Creta. I know it's expensive but it has a lot of the accessories I wanted to add later like you did, such as the Projector lamps, scuff plates, shark fin antenna, touch screen infotainment (not pssbl in Ecosport), front and rear skid plates, electronically foldable OVRM, wider armrest with luggage, more space inside overall, may be a few more things.

Now, I don't hate Ecosport. In fact, I've started to love it the more I read. But If you had the money to spend, would you go for the Creta now? I almost consider you my Ecosport mentor :P so your unbiased opinion is important to me.
Old 6th September 2016, 01:25   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport Rules, Since I was so inspired by you and participated in some discussions, I also wanted to share with you the drift in my choice from Ecosport towards Creta. I know it's expensive but it has a lot of the accessories I wanted to add later like you did, such as the Projector lamps, scuff plates, shark fin antenna, touch screen infotainment (not pssbl in Ecosport), front and rear skid plates, electronically foldable OVRM, wider armrest with luggage, more space inside overall, may be a few more things.

Now, I don't hate Ecosport. In fact, I've started to love it the more I read. But If you had the money to spend, would you go for the Creta now? I almost consider you my Ecosport mentor :P so your unbiased opinion is important to me.
Creta for sure if you are willing to pay the price.
It offers much more than the Ecosport (engine, space)

I would say Creta is definitely a better package.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th September 2016 at 01:27.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 19:34   #476
BHPian

Hey ER. I gotto ask since this is the only long term review of the Ecosport on TBHP, how does the diesel engine hold up after 3 years? I fear most diesel engines become noisier and rattle after a while and I wouldn't like an Indica'esq rattling diesel engine 3-4 years down the line.
Old 10th September 2016, 01:48   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Hey ER. I gotto ask since this is the only long term review of the Ecosport on TBHP, how does the diesel engine hold up after 3 years? I fear most diesel engines become noisier and rattle after a while and I wouldn't like an Indica'esq rattling diesel engine 3-4 years down the line.
Hey,
I didn't really find any rattles in the body or the engine.It has aged well.
The only issue is the trunk gate rattles if not greased properly between services.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 12:15   #478
BHPian

Quote:
I had an Indica DLS which we used for around 9 years. And now I have an Ecosport 3 years old. Both sounded the same from the first day at the showroom till date.

"Diesel Cars becoming noisier and rattle" must not be made a statement. It should be attributed to the maintenance. My XUV is 4 years old, somehow sounds and behaves the same till now.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 17:41   #479
BHPian

So finally I did something that I did think I would do AND didn't think I would do. I booked my Silver Ecosport petrol today, which I kind of knew I would do but the unexpected thing was that I went for the AT. The last week's traffic in Hyderabad was the melting point for my patience and my already-hurt lower back and left knee were crying for some rest. I test drove the Ford Figo AT and was impressed. The AT is much better than what I expected it to be and it suits my 99% city driving. I have to thanks Mr Ecosport Rules and everyone on this thread for all the patient discussions and also for making the decision for me easier!!
komalthecoolk is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 19:45   #480
Senior - BHPian

How is the performance of Ecosport AT on highway? Does not seem good as per the reviews on youtube.

Quote:
So finally I did something that I did think I would do AND didn't think I would do. I booked my Silver Ecosport petrol today, which I kind of knew I would do but the unexpected thing was that I went for the AT. The last week's traffic in Hyderabad was the melting point for my patience and my already-hurt lower back and left knee were crying for some rest. I test drove the Ford Figo AT and was impressed. The AT is much better than what I expected it to be and it suits my 99% city driving. I have to thanks Mr Ecosport Rules and everyone on this thread for all the patient discussions and also for making the decision for me easier!!
Congrats, a good choice for the city traffic. Any reason why you did not wait for the facelift supposed to launch early next year?

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/fo...e-specs-12556/

Last edited by PatienceWins : 18th September 2016 at 19:47.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote