Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 21:32   #481
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
How is the performance of Ecosport AT on highway? Does not seem good as per the reviews on youtube.

Congrats, a good choice for the city traffic. Any reason why you did not wait for the facelift supposed to launch early next year?

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/fo...e-specs-12556/
Hey man! Like I said, 99% of my driving is in the city, so I didn't think much about the Highway. Even in that case, I don't think it'll be terrible for cruising most of the time. Those few times where you need to overtake, all AT vehicles have some manual control on the gears. One thing I understood after researching for 10s of hours is that it's the job of the reviewers to point out flaws on everything they review. You have to take it with a pinch of salt. Try the vehicle yourself and decide if it's good for you.

Regarding the facelift, everything until now is just rumours. Even in that it's believed the actual body and engine will be the same with cosmetic changes and may be the newer entertainment system. I highly doubt if a new upgraded model will cost the same or lower than the current models and I don't want to spend more. And everything so far has only been rumours. No one knows how far away the supposed "facelift" is.
komalthecoolk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 12:44   #482
VMG
BHPian
 
VMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 318
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Creta for sure if you are willing to pay the price.
It offers much more than the Ecosport (engine, space)

I would say Creta is definitely a better package.
Hi Ecosport Rules

I have almost decided to go for Ecosport AT by March 17, but I am confused now after seen your above message. I thought ES is solid build, top in safety, good handling and decent FE compare to Creta Petrol AT. Why CRETA is better package, can you please explain more on this. I am planning to keep for about 8 years if I buy any of them.

Thanks
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 13:38   #483
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hi Ecosport Rules

I have almost decided to go for Ecosport AT by March 17, but I am confused now after seen your above message. I thought ES is solid build, top in safety, good handling and decent FE compare to Creta Petrol AT. Why CRETA is better package, can you please explain more on this. I am planning to keep for about 8 years if I buy any of them.

Thanks
I'm not as experienced with the Ecosport as Mr E-R is but I can tell you a little about both because I've considered both. First big factor to consider is that however you look at it, Creta is overpriced. Hyundai knows this but the sales are high so they want to ride on that wave. It's a good looking SUV with a slightly powerful engine in both petrol and diesel. More spacious than the Ecosport as it is longer. The build feels a little "light" as compared to the Ecosports solid build. It comes with a lot of features that were missing in the Ecosport like Touch screen entertainment, projector headlamps, electronically foldable OVRM, wider armrest with luggage, shark fin antenna etc.

But what I didn't like is that the features missing between the top most and the second top variant in Creta is too much! It's like they're forcing everyone for the high end model if you want any of those features. And the fact that the top end diesel Creta is costlier than the top end Ecosport by almost 5 lakhs!!

Even if you do after market modifications on your Diesel Ecosport, you probably won't reach the on-road price of Creta. Also, the Ecosport has stood the test of time and is still selling fine after 3 years from launch. So I decided to stick with the Ecosport. Not saying Creta is a bad vehicle but Ecosport is awesome value for money.
komalthecoolk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 14:48   #484
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hi Ecosport Rules

I have almost decided to go for Ecosport AT by March 17, but I am confused now after seen your above message. I thought ES is solid build, top in safety, good handling and decent FE compare to Creta Petrol AT. Why CRETA is better package, can you please explain more on this. I am planning to keep for about 8 years if I buy any of them.

Thanks
If you remove price out of the equation Creta is a better deal
-Bigger car with bigger boot
-Peppy and refined engine.
-Unlimited mileage warranty.
-Bigger track than the Ecosport
-feels more premium over all with more creature comforts.

Creta's only problem is that it is 5 lakhs pricier than the Ecosport.
But then we have to realize that both belong to different segments (Hyundai will launch a sub 4 metre next year to go against the Ecosport)
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 17:25   #485
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 123
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hi ER,

Sorry, couldn't post the pics of my Audio Setup earlier, please follow the post in the link below to have a look.
Click Here !!! (ICEing up my Ford EcoSport)

Last edited by BB311 : 12th October 2016 at 17:26. Reason: Link was not working
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:34   #486
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I've seen a few posts (I think 2) with such lights and there's not much difference between the low and high beam as compared to yours with the perfectly cut off low beam. Also, you seem to have good luck with 35W lights compared to those lights which seem to come with 55W ones. May be I need to pay Minister Road a visit soon and see if I can find a smart technician.
I personally never used double barrel type headlamps. But i modified myself with the morimoto bi xenon square projectors. I am really happy with the outputs. I dont think i need double barrel.bi xenon works well for both low and high beams. Initially i checked autoglam but its not coming under my budget so i went ahead ordered the components and installed on my own with Internet experience. It gave me option to choose quality components . I have shared my modifications some pages back u may refer.the hardest part is opening the headlamp.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 13:59   #487
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I personally never used double barrel type headlamps. But i modified myself with the morimoto bi xenon square projectors. I am really happy with the outputs. I dont think i need double barrel.bi xenon works well for both low and high beams. Initially i checked autoglam but its not coming under my budget so i went ahead ordered the components and installed on my own with Internet experience. It gave me option to choose quality components . I have shared my modifications some pages back u may refer.the hardest part is opening the headlamp.
I have seen the light modification you have done and it's very impressive with the sequencer LED lights for the turn indicator. I agree with you about how hard it is to open the headlamp when I have seen modifications to other cars and also didn't want to ruin the original headlight assembly in case the modified lamps go bad and I need to add back the original lights. I wish you had made a video about how you modified your lights. I was also interested in more details on how you added he color screen on your Ecosport.
komalthecoolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 15:47   #488
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I have seen the light modification you have done and it's very impressive with the sequencer LED lights for the turn indicator. I agree with you about how hard it is to open the headlamp when I have seen modifications to other cars and also didn't want to ruin the original headlight assembly in case the modified lamps go bad and I need to add back the original lights. I wish you had made a video about how you modified your lights. I was also interested in more details on how you added he color screen on your Ecosport.
Thanks. Unfortunately i was unable to shoot video because i was finding very hard to open the headlamps the sealant was not giving up at all. I opened with some little damges to the plastics at the joints but however didn't affect anything if anyone needs guidance i can help them happily.
I work for ford displays so i know the technical details about it. My company has protos. But i personally procured it from uk . Installation is very simple. The fixtures are same as original display so just plug and play. All the software functions work 100%. It has capability for rear view camera but some programming has to be done to the BCM and a camera has to be connected which i didnt do. I am quite fine with parking distance control. Now the parking distance bars will show different colors for different distance. U will get welcome animation as well. I have some additional displays available in UK so if anyone wants i will help them to bring and on installation as well. I will shoot a video when i find time.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:28   #489
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 105
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I am quite fine with parking distance control. Now the parking distance bars will show different colors for different distance. U will get welcome animation as well. I have some additional displays available in UK so if anyone wants i will help them to bring and on installation as well. I will shoot a video when i find time.
That sounds very interesting. How can I contact you outside this forum? Can you PM me your Facebook name or mobile number? A lot of people here might also be looking at the headlight modification. Even if you have instructions on how to DIY, especially the sequencer, it'll be very helpful

Last edited by komalthecoolk : 25th October 2016 at 19:31.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 19:31   #490
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
That sounds very interesting. How can I contact you outside this forum? Can you PM me your Facebook name or mobile number? A lot of people here might also be looking at the headlight modification. Even if you have instructions on how to DIY, especially the sequencer, it'll be very helpful
I Sent u PM if u need any help feel free to contact me..happy to help and share.


Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 26th November 2016 at 15:09. Reason: See Post.
jhenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 17:58   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately i was unable to shoot video because i was finding very hard to open the headlamps the sealant was not giving up at all. I opened with some little damges to the plastics at the joints but however didn't affect anything if anyone needs guidance i can help them happily.
I work for ford displays so i know the technical details about it. My company has protos. But i personally procured it from uk . Installation is very simple. The fixtures are same as original display so just plug and play. All the software functions work 100%. It has capability for rear view camera but some programming has to be done to the BCM and a camera has to be connected which i didnt do. I am quite fine with parking distance control. Now the parking distance bars will show different colors for different distance. U will get welcome animation as well. I have some additional displays available in UK so if anyone wants i will help them to bring and on installation as well. I will shoot a video when i find time.

Hi
Can you give more details about the mods you have carried on your car.
Great work by the way
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 19:07   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Few latest pictures guys
Car looks and feels as good as it was on the first day.

Thanks to Ford for the fuss free ownership
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20170126201515.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20170126201553.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20170126201427.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 12:56   #493
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 170
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Good to see your post after a long time , How many kms done till now ?
ranjithrnair is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 11:26   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 1,315 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Good to see your post after a long time , How many kms done till now ?
Hey Ranjit
How are you and your ride doing?
Any new long distance trips?
Post some pictures.


Done around 57000 kms.
Mileage is around 14 to 16 kmpl in city depending on traffic.

Still as good as new,feels rock solid.
Not even a single rattle,fit and finish prestine,proud of Ford for giving us such a sturdy product.

Posting few of my favorite angles for the ecosport.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20170129111602.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-screenshot_20170129113304.jpg  


Last edited by ecosport rules : 29th January 2017 at 11:48.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 15:34   #495
BHPian
 
createrkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hey how much did your 50k service cost you? What were the parts changed?
createrkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) Naman_Ferrari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 22nd October 2014 10:47
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver xuv2390 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 5th September 2013 00:05
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium Silver joins the family Ricci Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 14th June 2013 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks