Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 01:44   #496
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 320
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Done around 57000 kms.
Mileage is around 14 to 16 kmpl in city depending on traffic.

Still as good as new,feels rock solid.
Not even a single rattle,fit and finish prestine,proud of Ford for giving us such a sturdy product.
If there was an option to rate this thread "The Bible", I would have done that right away.

It is such detailed threads that make TBHP a special place. And it is members like ER who make it even more special. Sincere thanks for such a detailed thread and ownership review.

Well, happy to share that I have booked my Ecosport Trend+ TDCI Mars Red, and if all goes as per plan, will be taking delivery on the 15th May. The dealer is Cauvery Ford, Koramangala, Bangalore and I have already received the VIN number. Its an April manufactured car.

ER - will be closely hooked to your comments on the ownership and I just hope that my experience is as trouble free and satisfying as yours. It was an impulsive decision to upgrade the car from a Celerio AMT to Ecosport Diesel, and I just hope I enjoy my decision ever after. The only concern is the light performance on highways, as elaborately discussed here. Is it really so undriveable?
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 17:00   #497
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi
Can you give more details about the mods you have carried on your car.
Great work by the way
Sure i will give you the information whatever you require.
i have done the below modifications
1. Projector Headlamps with Turn sequence indicator and DRL, The projectors are Morimoto branded Right Hand square projectors, 4500K,35W. the DRL and turn sequencer are bought from Aliexpress. the DRL is connected to the Parking light so DRL comes ON only when parking light switch is ON. i wanted connect to the ignition line so that it will be turned ON whenever the engine is ON. (anyone know Tapping point where 12V is available as soon as the IGN is ON.

2. Added Color 4.2 Inch MID display which is 100% compatible and all functions work.No wire modifications required.

3. Now the real modification part is Rear view camera. I was able to make it work. it requires a RCA input from the Camera module so you require two pins connections from the existing Display connector. still no splicing of wires required. just addition of two crimping pin to the existing display connector. and power to the camera. any camera with RCA input will work for this mod.

4. I have added Boss AR1500 Amplifier and 10 inch Hertz subwoofer and two pioneer tweeters into the both front doors, there's a grill already available so made use that. subwoofer sound quality is mind blowing. BOSS and Hertz combination goes very well.
i have worked myself to do all these above modification. if anyone requires help to do the modification i will be happy to help. please PM me so that i can guide you. here are some photos
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-20170328_105037.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-20170328_105026.jpg  

Attached Images
 
jhenu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 21:15   #498
BHPian
 
gsratta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 56
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
Sure i will give you the information whatever you require.
i have done the below modifications
1. Projector Headlamps with Turn sequence indicator and DRL, The projectors are Morimoto branded Right Hand square projectors, 4500K,35W. the DRL and turn sequencer are bought from Aliexpress. the DRL is connected to the Parking light so DRL comes ON only when parking light switch is ON. i wanted connect to the ignition line so that it will be turned ON whenever the engine is ON. (anyone know Tapping point where 12V is available as soon as the IGN is ON.

2. Added Color 4.2 Inch MID display which is 100% compatible and all functions work.No wire modifications required.

3. Now the real modification part is Rear view camera. I was able to make it work. it requires a RCA input from the Camera module so you require two pins connections from the existing Display connector. still no splicing of wires required. just addition of two crimping pin to the existing display connector. and power to the camera. any camera with RCA input will work for this mod.

4. I have added Boss AR1500 Amplifier and 10 inch Hertz subwoofer and two pioneer tweeters into the both front doors, there's a grill already available so made use that. subwoofer sound quality is mind blowing. BOSS and Hertz combination goes very well.
i have worked myself to do all these above modification. if anyone requires help to do the modification i will be happy to help. please PM me so that i can guide you. here are some photos
I am interested in getting the colour MID display and the reversing camera, can you please let me know where/how to get these here in India. Thanks.
gsratta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 10:36   #499
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
I am interested in getting the colour MID display and the reversing camera, can you please let me know where/how to get these here in India. Thanks.
For this mod we require color MID(i know what speicific part) from UK. i brought it by my friend who returned from UK.and also we need the camera. i managed to find a camera along with the display in ebay uk. please PM me. so that i can get you more details to you. however U need to run the wiring from dashboard to rear bumper but dont worry it will not affect any existing wirings.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 20:09   #500
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 320
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
For this mod we require color MID(i know what speicific part) from UK. i brought it by my friend who returned from UK.and also we need the camera. i managed to find a camera along with the display in ebay uk. please PM me. so that i can get you more details to you. however U need to run the wiring from dashboard to rear bumper but dont worry it will not affect any existing wirings.

Hi Jhenu, is it possible to fit this MID on trend + variant which does not come with a screen but has a blank cut out in its place. I have friends from whom I might be able to source this from UK.
justwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 20:44   #501
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,162
Thanked: 867 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
For this mod we require color MID(i know what speicific part) from UK. i brought it by my friend who returned from UK.and also we need the camera. i managed to find a camera along with the display in ebay uk. please PM me. so that i can get you more details to you. however U need to run the wiring from dashboard to rear bumper but dont worry it will not affect any existing wirings.
Could you give the part numbers of the screen and the camera? That would be really helpful
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 10:17   #502
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Could you give the part numbers of the screen and the camera? That would be really helpful
Actually its very difficult to identify the part numbers from outside as ford uses same part number for different vehicles. Actually I am working for ford display so i Know some informations on how to get them. Please PM me so that i will search and share you the link so that you can make arrangements to bring them. The camera module what I am using didn't come from ford part. Its actually from other OEM.but generally any RCA type will work without issues. But we have to work for the fixtures. Yet there are some informations still i have.

Last edited by jhenu : 8th May 2017 at 10:18.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 00:53   #503
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Hi Jhenu, is it possible to fit this MID on trend + variant which does not come with a screen but has a blank cut out in its place. I have friends from whom I might be able to source this from UK.
I know the architecture of the Titanium model,but i dont know what connectors and the architecture of the trend or ambient models. I will try to get some information on this for you. But for now I think its not possible.
jhenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 16:50   #504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Ecosport TDCi is under my strong consideration - any idea when is the new facelift coming out? Any news on it? Also do you guys recommend waiting till then?
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 01:32   #505
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 1,340 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Ecosport TDCi is under my strong consideration - any idea when is the new facelift coming out? Any news on it? Also do you guys recommend waiting till then?
Facelift should be out by Diwali or latest by December
If you are not in a hurry,it is definitely worth the wait
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 10:59   #506
BHPian
 
Surya-TJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the Road
Posts: 60
Thanked: 117 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Ecosport TDCi is under my strong consideration - any idea when is the new facelift coming out? Any news on it? Also do you guys recommend waiting till then?
My honest opinion - If there's no hurry, please wait till Diwali if you can. The new Ecosport will have a 6 speed manual gearbox (on the diesel variant) and it is expected to have a 150hp tune to the EcoBoost paired with optional 6 speed DCT.

There are more options like Hyundai Kona & Tata Nexon as well during this Diwali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Facelift should be out by Diwali or latest by December
If you are not in a hurry,it is definitely worth the wait
First off, thanks for the wonderful thread put up so far. Your thread was one of the reasons why I went ahead with my Ecosport purchase.

I have a few queries regarding the auxiliary lamps fitted on your vehicle:

Have you even been pulled over by cops anywhere (during interstate drives) for using such externally mounted lamps?

I ask for this because I plan to install it on my Ecosport and enquried with flybhp (Official Hella India Retail Partner) and was advised that some state police are fining cars which have such externally mounted auxiliary lights without the covers fitted on them.

I will get the Hella 3000 covers, but will have to remove them at night on the highways.

Also, if possible, could you please mention where have you tapped the electrical supply for the Hella lamps and where have you mounted the switch for these aux lamps in the cabin?

Please share some photos / details so that I can refer to it during my installation next week.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers & Safe Driving..
Surya-TJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 09:55   #507
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Range rover style. Hand made emblem...
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-picsart_092609.53.18.jpg  

My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-20170926_095406.jpg  

jhenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) Naman_Ferrari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 22nd October 2014 10:47
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver xuv2390 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 5th September 2013 00:05
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium Silver joins the family Ricci Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 14th June 2013 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks