Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 01:50   #121
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Angry Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Wow that's pretty cool. Where did you source these from and how much did it set you back by ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Brilliant pictures ,kindly share more details since i am working towards the same too
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hey,
About the headlamps?
Would you please share the information?
Details about my DRLs with projectors and HIDs

1.The drl fixes into the groove provided inside the headlamp.
2.It doubles up as an indicator during which the drl on that side is turned into orange and the other one remains white(like the one in porsche)
3.everything is socket to socket no tampering of wires.
4.Projector is 3 inches in size with a white devil eye (the other choices are red and blue)
5.Projectors run on a 35 watt ballast and 35 watts hid bulb.
6.substantial improvement in light output from stocks and improved esthetics.
7.Does not disturb oncoming traffic as the projector quality is good.

We got this done for four ecosports together from Mr.Srinivas Gopal 09849314812 who is a mods expert.

Extremely sorry for the quality of pictures as they were taken from mobile, will upload better ones later.
Attached Images
       
ecosport rules is offline   (23) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 01:58   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Details about my DRLs with projectors and HIDs

1.The drl fixes into the groove provided inside the headlamp.
2.It doubles up as an indicator during which the drl on that side is turned into orange and the other one remains white(like the one in porsche)
3.everything is socket to socket no tampering of wires.
4.Projector is 3 inches in size with a white devil eye (the other choices are red and blue)
5.Projectors run on a 35 watt ballast and 35 watts hid bulb.
6.substantial improvement in light output from stocks and improved esthetics.
7.Does not disturb oncoming traffic as the projector quality is good.

We got this done for four ecosports together from Mr.Srinivas Gopal 09849314812 who is a mods expert.
Thank you very much for all the details. Was waiting for this since long. Do PM me the price if you're not comfortable sharing it here. Any idea if this person will be able to help members in other cities ?
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 02:10   #123
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thank you very much for all the details. Was waiting for this since long. Do PM me the price if you're not comfortable sharing it here. Any idea if this person will be able to help members in other cities ?
Hey shashank,
He gets orders from all over India.There are too many variations with colour temperature, angel eye,demon eyes , colour of shroud , will we give the head light or he has to provide one?and they are priced accordingly.It would be better to take the price from them based on your requirement.If I remember correctly you were doing lot of research on the projectors.BTW I opted for 5000k hid bulbs.hope it helps

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st October 2013 at 02:26.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 09:38   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,816 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Details about my DRLs with projectors and HIDs
Very nice and tasteful mod, exactly what Ford should have probably delivered in the first place. Its testing my promise to keep things stock on my EcoSport!

I also notice you've painted your brake caliper a hot red, very nice way of highlighting it.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 10:19   #125
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 527
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

These DRL's look amazing. Will it hamper the warranty?
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 10:45   #126
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 392
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

ecosport rules,
The cars look very good!
Do share the total cost of the above modifications as well. It would be really helpful. Also, please post some more pictures of the painted brake calipers.
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 10:48   #127
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Very nice and tasteful mod, exactly what Ford should have probably delivered in the first place. Its testing my promise to keep things stock on my EcoSport!

I also notice you've painted your brake caliper a hot red, very nice way of highlighting it.
Hey arun,

Thanks a lot, I am relieved as lighting was the only thing pending on my upgrade list.I am more than satisfied with the outcome as DRL looks better than the one I saw in china ford showroom, also doubles up as an indicator like the porsche and Audi A8.

The lighting has also improved by 250 to300 percent and now its a breeze to drive on the highway.

Regarding the wheels:
I have procured original brembo brake caliper covers which have an embossed logo as you can see second picture onwards.

I did not like the extra bright silver colour for stock alloys so got them painted in the original euro versions colour (had to work very hard to get the colour code)
I also got the roof cross bars, alloys painted and procured the original rear wiper blades (the stock looks really bad)as you can see in the first reference picture.

Will post some pictures of cross bars and rear wiper blades of my car when I get free.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!-fordecosport4wd5.jpeg  

Attached Images
  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st October 2013 at 11:10.
ecosport rules is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 19:11   #128
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
These DRL's look amazing. Will it hamper the warranty?
It will not hamper warrenty as everything is socket to socket, no tampering of wires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
ecosport rules,
The cars look very good!
Do share the total cost of the above modifications as well. It would be really helpful. Also, please post some more pictures of the painted brake calipers.
I have already shared the contact, also as I mentioned in the reply to Arun they are not painted calipers.You can refer go the pictures in this page

Also for general information, the dummy button on the remote when pressed twice actually throws the boot open provided the vehicle is already unlocked.This function is a breeze at malls for security checks.You dont have to get down to explain the guard how to operate the release button.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st October 2013 at 19:15.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:45   #129
BHPian
 
sapeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Goa
Posts: 52
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Hi ecosport rules,

Firstly let me congratulate you on your new acquisition.! and boy oh boy i have to say that you are Da King of Ecosport mods on Team-BHP

Thanks to your hard work, folks like us can look forward to some mods on our Ecopsorts.

Wishing you many happy miles of safe driving in your new Urban SUV.
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:58   #130
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 478
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
It will not hamper warrenty as everything is socket to socket, no tampering of wires.
Glad to read that.

About the brembo brake caliper covers, wont they hamper the cooling of the calipers?
Did you use some kind of silica based glue to fix the covers onto the calipers?
Will it be a problem to service the brake if the covers are attached?

Last edited by sumeshmani : 2nd October 2013 at 11:00.
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:27   #131
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Glad to read that.

About the brembo brake caliper covers, wont they hamper the cooling of the calipers?
Did you use some kind of silica based glue to fix the covers onto the calipers?
Will it be a problem to service the brake if the covers are attached?
In my experience they have not hampered the cooling as I have been using them on my Honda Civic since 38000km.

I have used black general purpose silicon on both civic and the ecosport (IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS ON CIVIC)

Replacement of brake pads is not a problem because the stock caliper has a hinge on top and lifts up along with the brembo caliper cover giving space to replace the brake pads.I know this coz I have done the pad replacement on civic.

Hope this helps
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:40   #132
BHPian
 
ecosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 206
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
In my experience they have not hampered the cooling as I have been using them on my Honda Civic since 38000km.

I have used black general purpose silicon on both civic and the ecosport (IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS ON CIVIC)

Replacement of brake pads is not a problem because the stock caliper has a hinge on top and lifts up along with the brembo caliper cover giving space to replace the brake pads.I know this coz I have done the pad replacement on civic.

Hope this helps
Do you have plans to upgrade the rear drums to discs? Since you are the modification king here in T-bhp, I'd let you lead us.

Here is a rear drum-disc upgrade video for Fiesta. Looks pretty easy.

ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:33   #133
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 478
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
7.Does not disturb oncoming traffic as the projector quality is good.
Do the HIDs need any kind of alignment done?
Is that even possible, I guess these HIDs are just put into the sockets of the old bulbs.

Please do try to post pictures of the low and high beam at work.
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:35   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Do the HIDs need any kind of alignment done?
Is that even possible, I guess these HIDs are just put into the sockets of the old bulbs.

Please do try to post pictures of the low and high beam at work.
Nope. He shot proper projectors installed. Which is why the oncoming traffic will have no blinding.
If you put in HID bulbs in a regular projector you'll have a lot of scatter.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:23   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 164
Thanked: 405 Times
Default Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Details about my DRLs with projectors and HIDs

1.The drl fixes into the groove provided inside the headlamp.
2.It doubles up as an indicator during which the drl on that side is turned into orange and the other one remains white(like the one in porsche)
3.everything is socket to socket no tampering of wires.
4.Projector is 3 inches in size with a white devil eye (the other choices are red and blue)
5.Projectors run on a 35 watt ballast and 35 watts hid bulb.
6.substantial improvement in light output from stocks and improved esthetics.
7.Does not disturb oncoming traffic as the projector quality is good.

We got this done for four ecosports together from Mr.Srinivas Gopal 09849314812 who is a mods expert.

Extremely sorry for the quality of pictures as they were taken from mobile, will upload better ones later.
Congratulations on your new upgrade...looks cool. In between I got the delivery of Ecosport on Sep 8th, can you PM me you contact number as I have some queries.

Last edited by bageherath : 2nd October 2013 at 15:24.
bageherath is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) Naman_Ferrari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 22nd October 2014 10:47
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver xuv2390 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 71 5th September 2013 00:05
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium Silver joins the family Ricci Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 14th June 2013 23:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks