Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th September 2016, 10:10   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting

Celebrating 4 years of fashionista

Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting-img-608.jpg

80,000 kms and counting, life just became more interesting.
4 years on, it just keeps getting better and better.
I am enjoying the remapped JTD, and the mid range is just pure awesomeness.
The right side elastic pad gave up finally, and was replaced at DRS.
The FE hovers around 15-16 in city and 21-22 in highway, a kpl or 2 less with AC on.
City driving is a breeze, thanks to the newfound eagerness post remap. No issues with reliability, except unburnt diesel generating a bit of smoke under hard acceleration.
The alloys have seen lot of abuse, and are holding on well.
The samurai lip spoiler also aids to utility, as it does help in protecting the bumper against hitting the curb while parking.
The weird orangutan like driving position remains, and I hate it.
The steering feel continues to impress, and remains evergreen.
The clutch remains as light as ever, and the brakes, stupendous, as ever. Got the pads changed recently as they were starting to age.
And the 11 year old design remains as evergreen as ever.

Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting-img-609.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting-img-610.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting-img-613.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting-img-618.jpg

And the brand Fiat India?
In the sleeping mode, as ever.
sidindica is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 08:44   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto: 4 years, 80,000 kms and counting

Hi Sid, are you still using Liqui Moly Oil in the Punto ?

My 78,000km done Linea MJD has had a loud engine note ever since I bought it at 64k kms. Changed the oil with Selenia Semi-Synth (FIAT recommended) at 70k kms service.

I was keenly considering Mobil1 Delvac Fully Synth till I came across reviews of Liqui Moly. I know my tiny bit about the issues that shifting to Fully Synth in a high mileage car thats run only on Semi-Synth can cause. However at first I thought it'll be a prudent choice. So ordered for Liqui Moly 0W40 Fully Synthetic Oil when I found it on PayTM. (Yet to receive it).

But now I have decided to stay conservative & stick to Selenia, rather than experiment that may turn out to be an adventure. What do you think ?
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 10:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hi Sid, are you still using Liqui Moly Oil in the Punto ?

My 78,000km done Linea MJD has had a loud engine note ever since I bought it at 64k kms. Changed the oil with Selenia Semi-Synth (FIAT recommended) at 70k kms service.

I was keenly considering Mobil1 Delvac Fully Synth till I came across reviews of Liqui Moly. I know my tiny bit about the issues that shifting to Fully Synth in a high mileage car thats run only on Semi-Synth can cause. However at first I thought it'll be a prudent choice. So ordered for Liqui Moly 0W40 Fully Synthetic Oil when I found it on PayTM. (Yet to receive it).

But now I have decided to stay conservative & stick to Selenia, rather than experiment that may turn out to be an adventure. What do you think ?
Go ahead with liqui moly, you wont regret it. Selenia is not even close to it. Do use engine flushing before though.
You will get less clatter, better acceleration and overall a smoother drive. I used Agip I-sint, mobil delvac 1 and liqui moly and found liqui to be best followed by delvac followed by Agip.

Last edited by sidindica : 14th September 2016 at 10:55.
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 09:51   #124
Senior - BHPian

Got some time to review my own car, with this video showcase done by ICB.

sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote