Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th November 2014, 13:31   #256
BHPian

Default Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Hi anurag,i know its a little late but I am contemplating upgrading from a ritz zxi to swift zdi and would like to know if its worth it because i found the driving experience to be very similar,should i go in for an ecosport or polo only because of this reason because both of them cost a bomb to maintain.
dhruvritzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:20   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Hi anurag,i know its a little late but I am contemplating upgrading from a ritz zxi to swift zdi and would like to know if its worth it because i found the driving experience to be very similar,should i go in for an ecosport or polo only because of this reason because both of them cost a bomb to maintain.
Totally worth it! No regrets at all, be it drive ability, looks, handling, FE, pocket friendly nature.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 17:34   #258
BHPian

Is it a change from the ritz in terms of rattles because i have 7 of them in my group(swifts) and they rattle as much as my ritz,the es and polo seem better screwed together and are also up on the premium factor.
guess you're driving this even more than you did the ritz.
dhruvritzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 20:39   #259
Senior - BHPian

@ Anurag,
How is the car doing post repair job? Was the paint match and finish done to your satisfaction? How much have you clocked on the odo? As Dhruv has mentioned, i also wanted to ask if any rattles or squeaks have creeped in.
We will be replacing our 7 year old Linea next year with a hatch and am considering Swift, i can manage with the light build but rattles would be a big turn off considering our 60k Linea has none.

Has Maruti solved the rattling issue in this car? My friend owns a 3 month old ZDi which has done 5,000 kms and front 2 window panes are already rattling

Quote:
Is it a change from the ritz in terms of rattles because i have 7 of them in my group(swifts) and they rattle as much as my ritz,the es and polo seem better screwed together and are also up on the premium factor.
Ecosport is not as rattle proof as a Polo, our Ecosport has done 12,000 kms and seen the worst of roads but it does have a rattle from the rear tail gate and a small one from rear door. I have a feeling though that the Swift will rattle way more than Ecosport
In comparison, my vento has clocked 30,000 kms and nothing squeaks or rattles inside, not even a small rattle.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 21:15   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it a change from the ritz in terms of rattles because i have 7 of them in my group (swifts) and they rattle as much as my ritz,the es and polo seem better screwed together and are also up on the premium factor.
guess you're driving this even more than you did the ritz.
Both the Ritz and Swift that i had rattle less and it mainly depends on how one drives over pot-hole filled roads. I am very gappy wroth the current generation Study which seem to rattle less in comparison to the older generation IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
How is the car doing post repair job? Was the paint match and finish done to your satisfaction? How much have you clocked on the odo? As Dhruv has mentioned, i also wanted to ask if any rattles or squeaks have creeped in.
We will be replacing our 7 year old Linea next year with a hatch and am considering Swift
Yet to get the paint job completed.

Odometer now is nearing 30K kms.

To answer both of you, there is only one squeak that i can hear which is from the passenger side retractable cup holder. Rest all is silent!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 21:40   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yet to get the paint job completed.

Odometer now is nearing 30K kms.

Anurag.
So you are using a paintless car for your daily drive to office? Man, that looks bad. I don't see any more power cuts these days in Hyderabad. Why don't you get the job done soon.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 23:11   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
So you are using a paintless car for your daily drive to office? Man, that looks bad. I don't see any more power cuts these days in Hyderabad. Why don't you get the job done soon.
Power cut is reduced but i wasn't keeping well and work was demanding that couldn't get away from my sight for a day also.

Anurag.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:56   #263
Senior - BHPian

Anurag,did you get the judder between 1800-2000 rpm in gears 3,4 and 5 checked on your car ?
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2014, 12:49   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Anurag,did you get the judder between 1800-2000 rpm in gears 3,4 and 5 checked on your car ?
The SA at MASS is saying nothing wrong with the car and is behaving normal. The vibrations which i pin-pointed to him, he says it is due to the high torque the engine develops.

I didn't feel like arguing with that guy so shall visit an FNG to get this cleared.

Anurag.
Old 20th November 2014, 20:59   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SA at MASS is saying nothing wrong with the car and is behaving normal. The vibrations which i pin-pointed to him, he says it is due to the high torque the engine develops.
Anurag.
So its all a waste of effort then ? I'll drop the car next week and show the issue to them too. Lets see what they tell me. I remember reading something may be wrong with the clutch,so curious to know what FNG may do.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 18:31   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

W.I.P Update:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20141125_163141.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20141125_165230.jpg

Here are two pictures of the fender post painting stage. The completed picture shall be updated tomorrow.

Post the denting process that was done on the fender, it had become thin and flimsy which I was actually not happy so decided to get a new one instead and get it painted.

Note: The first picture gives a feeling that there is some kind of colour difference. I feel that has come due to the camera. Shall get better quality picture tomorrow once the work is done.

Costs Incurred:

Fender: 1000
Painting: 2000
Labour: Nil

Total: 3000.

Finally the car looks better after a long time.

Quote:
@ Anurag,
How is the car doing post repair job? Was the paint match and finish done to your satisfaction?
Quote:
So you are using a paintless car for your daily drive to office?
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th November 2014 at 18:33. Reason: Adding a Note.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 18:38   #267
BHPian

Quote:
W.I.P Update:

Finally the car looks better after a long time.

Anurag.
Anurag, happy to see the car back in action. I think the job was done neatly as I don't see any colour difference. Continue enjoying the car with safe driving.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 19:28   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Here are two pictures of the fender post painting stage. The completed picture shall be updated tomorrow.
Good to see the car back in shape. I see a lot of orange peel, which shall be gone after the final 2 steps. Keep and eye out for that.

What about the windshield chip? Please get it replaced. The visibility also took a hit if i'm not wrong.
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 19:35   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
What about the windshield chip? Please get it replaced. The visibility also took a hit if i'm not wrong.
The windshield stays till the crack worsens to the worst. The chip is at the base of the windscreen that doesn't interfere my vision hence it stays.

Anurag.
Old 26th November 2014, 21:41   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Both the fenders have to replaced and a downtime of at least 2 days depending on insurance clearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It would be paining to see the car in such a condition but hopefully M.A.S.S. will be able to fix things up soon. Do post an update about the total estimate and the time it will take to fix her up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
MASS will bring it back to the pristine condition,so no worries.
Quote:
Was the paint match and finish done to your satisfaction?
Quote:
Anurag, happy to see the car back in action. I think the job was done neatly as I don't see any colour difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Good to see the car back in shape. I see a lot of orange peel, which shall be gone after the final 2 steps. Keep and eye out for that.
Finally, the work is completed and the car is back in shape and beauty.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20141126_130212.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20141126_135937.jpg

The only thing missing now on the fender is the 'Team-BHP' URL sticker which shall be added tomorrow.

Been used to seeing the fender with both the sticker and the 'DDiS' emblem. Now only the DDiS emblem makes the fender feel empty and as though 'something' is missing.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th November 2014 at 21:46.
a4anurag is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote