Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th November 2016, 14:37   #631
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Great to know sir. What was the IDV?
₹ 9,19,485. I continued with the IDV shown in Royal Sundaram's renewal notice, ₹ 9,19,485 for my policy with Tata AIG too. Actually, Policy Bazaar website allowed me to increase IDV upto ₹ 12 lakh. Tata AIG's recommended IDV was slightly less than the Royal Sundaram's, so I increased it to ₹ 9,19,485 to match with Royal Sundaram's.

Quote:
You will still get the calls from Tata or other insurance providers anyway!
J.Ravi is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 13:17   #632
Senior - BHPian

Today, while going through this thread, I noticed that there were no photographs of the engine bay of P Cheetah posted. So, here are some. Better late than never!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-img_6265.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-img_6267.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-img_6268.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-img_6276.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-img_6277.jpg
J.Ravi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 16:08   #633

Read through the thread and since am confused between Tata Hexa and XUV, i would like to understand:-

1: How is the audio quality of the stock setup?
2: With time, does cabin noise become more prominent?
3: It would be great if you could rate mahindra's after sales service!

Had listened to the audio quality of xuv during a TD and it was not so great. Thinking of waiting for the hexa and hope the prices are low!
abhi7013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 08:20   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I fully agree with the Team-BHP official review on the stock music system:
Quote:
Sound quality is below average by million-rupee-car standards.
I would have preferred stock JBL/Harman system even if priced more.

Quote:
No.
Quote:
I spend less for servicing my XUV 500 than my erstwhile 1.4 petrol Linea. Having said that, RM plays a great role in ensuring customer satisfaction. My first RM at India Garage, Guindy, Chennai left the job at 40 k servicing, resulting in inflated bill including engine care, etc. So, I too left India Garage and patronized with TV Sundram Iyengar & Sons Private Limited [TVS], Arcot Road, Saligramam, Chennai for the 50 k servicing. After a long time, I got the oil change servicing done and returned home within half day! I am satisfied with TVS.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 2nd December 2016 at 08:23.
J.Ravi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:26   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
- No.
In my case, I observe more noise. Due to worn out tyres (40K Kms, Apollo Apterra) and frequent drives on bad roads. In initial days I was too careful about driving on potholes and bad roads. But over the period of time, I keep going without much care now. This has caused small rattles in the cabin - micro as they can be easily observed if music is off. The reason is also due to partially having dashboard panel on driver side once opened for fitting concealed dashcam wiring. But regardless, I have come to understanding that though vehicle takes a lot of abuse, you can't rule out the rattles/ cabin noise as it ages past 40-50K kms. You take good care of it, and this should be a non-issue.

About music system, no comparison between Hexa and XUV! You would definitely need considerable upgrade on the music system for XUV to match Hexa.
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:24   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Read through the thread and since am confused between Tata Hexa and XUV, i would like to understand:-

Had listened to the audio quality of xuv during a TD and it was not so great. Thinking of waiting for the hexa and hope the prices are low!
1. Audio quality of the stock setup is very mediocre and if you are a audiophile then you will definitely need a upgrade.

2. Cabin noise is mainly dependent on the tyres in my opinion. I have bridgestone duelers and after 40K kms I am observing some cabin noise, but it is not that prominent. So as Avinash has mentioned, it depends on how you care your car to avoid the rattles.

3. Mahindra's after sales service has been really good till date for me and I have come out happy as a satisfied customer. So you can definitely bank on that.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 05:16   #637
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore>Chennai

P Cheetah brought us safely to Chennai Royapettah home at 3:50 am today. We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:30 pm last night. Home-to-home in less than 5Ĺ hours.

Now, there is a dedicated FASTag lane in all the toll plazas except at Krishnagiri, where they allowed non-FASTag vehicles too. While the Attibele and Krishnagiri toll plazas were crowded, the others were not. ICICI Bank FASTag website is still down. I didn't get any messages too for the toll deducted.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah-09122016blorechennai.jpg

Encountered dense fog near Kanchipuram bypass.

Yesterday evening, P Cheetah did not start. Later, I got it jump-started. Looks like P Cheetah needs a new battery.
J.Ravi is online now   Reply With Quote