Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th July 2014, 12:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Manza Club Class VX - 12 months of joy unlimited!

Nice Car Shashi and well maintained too.

Have driven the Manza a number of times and honestly, it doesn't feel or look (interiors) like a Tata car at all.

Especially loved the white small font speedo console.
However, from your pics, looks like a interior cleaning could help!!

The fabric looked pretty soiled from some of the pics.
Many happy miles ahead.
arnabchak is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:01   #17
BHPian

Nice to the point ownership report.
How i wish even i should have one of my own ownership thread to summarize my experience with the Manza so far till 43000kms (37months)(my work makes me travel - i am overseas mostly for 10-12 days every alternate months.)
Anways i will try to relate to your observations as under:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Some of the reasons
Not many people on this forum talk about the Manza.
A lot of Tata bashing takes place on this forum. No issues everybody has a point of view and everyone is entitled to it. So since I have had a positive experience I decided I would put it up as I personally don’t understand the negative feedback. Maybe I have been lucky! TOUCHWOOD!
Finally I thought if Tata has improved the product from the past offering then people should atleast know about it.
I share more or less the same sentiment. As compared to my earlier cars Alto lxi sold off at 27k kms -4 years and swift VXi- sold off at 4 years -36000kms. The manza is really holding up well and completely a class above swifts and altos.
Even the Ass experience is as good or as bad as the overrated Maruti Ass. TOUCHWOOD

Quote:
I had taken the car on Ghodbunder Road I suddenly realized the power in the vehicle when I stretched her. The car felt smooth, responsive and the view was good. I liked the car immensely. Came back home and finally took
Exactly same type of feeling for me while TDing the Manza. my options that time was Etios , Chevy Aveo and Ford Fiesta.
There is a certain fiat..ish character to the drivetrain.

But may be i missed an oportunity to consider the linea back then .
It might have been a completely different love affair...
Quote:
After having driven this beauty for the past 12months, what do I feel? The engine is superb. Off the block a bit slow but if you put your foot down the beauty surges / jumps, the turbo kicks in and she lifts herself up without any issue. The shift from 2nd to 3rd will leave most of her competitors staring and she is away spiritedly! The drive quality is excellent! I have now driven her over butter smooth roads and also bumpy stretches and the quality of ride is excellent.The noise levels are also good and its only when I really step on the pedal that engine noise makes itself felt inside.
spot on

Quote:
A few things about the Manza.
The suspension of Manza has 2 parts to it. A front and rear. The front seat is extremely comfortable and makes very little difference on a smooth road or bumpy road. The rear seat on a bumpy road can be bumpy if the car is not fully occupied. The Manza needs to be fully packed and from my point of view has been designed to accommodate a full sized 5 member family (khaate peete parivar )!The Boot also needs to be completely packed for the Manza to be uniformly stable on long drives / bad roads at high speeds.
right . Same with my Manza. But yes yours being a club class the suspension are definitely slightly better.
Quote:
The rear tends to have understeer ( drift )at high speed corners and this gets corrected if you lower speeds. This happens only if the car is empty and not occupied at the rear but once the car is fully occupied no such problems.
yes right ! but you know what ... once used to it you start enjoying this under steer isnt it ?

Quote:
The car behaves smoothly even at high speed corners once properly filled up. I have heard people say that the rear is bouncy but this is only if it is empty. The car has been designed to handle people and take on weight. I don’t see this as a drawback and practically speaking I don’t see people buy a Manza to run constantly on high speed corners.
Right .Neither with an Etios of a Aveo .
may be yes for the ones buying the fiesta classics and Lineas.
But hey have too cramped sitting space at the back.

Quote:
Brakes – The Manza has awesome brakes. Step on it and it will stop right there without a problem. My Manza has been rear ended twice and bears testimony to its awesome brakes. Twice I have had to brake suddenly at speeds of over 80kms and both times while my beauty stopped right on dot the car behind me banged into me. Once an Alto and the other time a Dzire.
Exactly . I have been rear ended by the Dzire too and also by the rickshaw. Now i am more cautious with Marutis in the rear view.

Quote:
The Manza is meant for highways and loves the highway! It’s ideal speed is around 100kms, overtaking on highways, climbing ghats is a breeze and she can run for thousands of kilometers without complain. Fuel efficiency on highways is awesome and I have achieved a Mumbai – Nashik average of 24.8 km/litre.
I have already mentioned earlier about the fuel efficiency figures you are getting is astonishing.
i get around 13-14 in city and 16-18.5 on highways .
Please note with Swift i used to give 10-11kmpl only in the same route for city driving.

Yes right on 100kmph is the most comfortable speed for her. She can do more but it is about being comfortable and solid.

Quote:
Apologies for the late acknowledgement. My experience tells me that if the Manza is fully loaded rear seat and luggage it is an extremely stable car and the feel of lightness disappears. Also tyre pressure plays an extremely important role. I have tried various tyre pressures and finally realised that TML has designed this car for full loads at 32psi which is the recommended tyre pressure.
Exactly.. your observation is spot on with mine witht he handling .
I wonder how our fellow teambhpian and a 'Leh'ed pro MAVERICK found behaviour little wallowy on the highways. May be it was due to the spacers he had in his rear suspensions.

Quote:
With the Monsoons arriving have had the opportunity to really feel the car in the rains after an year of ownership and the car delights in every aspect. The brakes come alive in the wet and are a delight as they inspire such confidence while driving in the rains. Essentially I personally feel that if the brakes are not up to the mark then your level of confidence behind the wheel is badly shaken.
Exactly my feeling again . Just yesterday i drove my 70+ year parents , my wifey and a 7 year son and a 6month old son to Lonavla- narayani dham.
It was raining hell cats and bull dogs all through out. The braking and grip levels are reassuring and confidence inspiring. How i wonder it has got very little mention on our forum.

Last edited by madhu33 : 28th July 2014 at 13:08.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:53   #18
BHPian

@Madhu33 -More than anything it's because they have so little to criticize about the Manza. She is a beauty! Yesterday Sunday took a Test Drive of the zest with Wifey and Son.. After the test drive asked my Wifey how she felt as she sat at the back.. The answer I got was good then later once home she asked with a touch of concern " you aren't thinking of selling the Manza are you?".. I said Not in the World and she says.. Nothing like the Manza! She meant the space and feeling of luxury plus the ride quality!

The very purpose my ownership review was to update people about the Manza. I initially had no intention of putting it up but then decided to do it since not many people speak about it for that matter not many post complimentary stuff about Tata Cars!

I would ask you to put up your long term experience as well. I intend to keep updating this thread. Our next trip is to Somnath and will be soon. Love the Car! I can slightly change the BHP Logo to say Live to Drive, Love this CAR!

Cheers and Happy Manzing!

Last edited by shashi63 : 28th July 2014 at 14:12.
shashi63 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 13:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Nice Car Shashi and well maintained too.

However, from your pics, looks like a interior cleaning could help!!

The fabric looked pretty soiled from some of the pics.
Many happy miles ahead.
Hey Arnab Nice Catch.spot on too. Well the only defense to this I have is took the pictures on an as is basis and did not do specific cleaning to beautify the snaps.

I do change the fabric once in 3 months and my son and me clean the car every week with the rains we have been a bit behind this month though.

Thank you for your good wishes and I hope with God's grace to be able to retain this car forever!
shashi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 14:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Arnab Nice Catch.spot on too. Well the only defense to this I have is took the pictures on an as is basis and did not do specific cleaning to beautify the snaps.

I do change the fabric once in 3 months and my son and me clean the car every week with the rains we have been a bit behind this month though.

Thank you for your good wishes and I hope with God's grace to be able to retain this car forever!
Dear Shashi

You have a lovely car and great to know you taking good care of the same.

BTW, which part of Thane are you in. I too am a MH 04 resident
arnabchak is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 15:10   #21
BHPian

Had mentioned it earlier in your TL thread , cant help but mention it here too,
Your Black club class screams for alloys . Just get those Elan dual tone alloys pleaassseeee.
Manza in black looks nice already but would be truly club class with those elan alloys (not the club class ones).
Would also be nice if we can catch up sometime .
Do let me know
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 15:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Shashi

I stay at Happy Valley that's near Tikujiniwadi.
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 15:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Shashi

I stay at Happy Valley. that's near Tikujiniwadi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Had mentioned it earlier in your TL thread , cant help but mention it here too,
Your Black club class screams for alloys . Just get those Elan dual tone alloys pleaassseeee.
Manza in black looks nice already but would be truly club class with those elan alloys (not the club class ones).
Would also be nice if we can catch up sometime .
Do let me know
@madhu33 -Coming up shortly. Will update when done.

Will give you shout when I am in your part of the world.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The very purpose my ownership review was to update people about the Manza. I initially had no intention of putting it up but then decided to do it since not many people speak about it for that matter not many post complimentary stuff about Tata Cars!
I can slightly change the BHP Logo to say Live to Drive, Love this CAR!

Cheers and Happy Manzing!
Hi Shashi,

Good to see you enjoying the Manza and having a positive review of the Zest. I am also a TATA customer for the past 11 years, 8 years Indica V2 DLS and 3 years Vista QJD and have no reasons to complaint. Even I had thought about starting an ownership thread, but frankly too many TATA bashers here so never started it.

BTW I stay in Vasant Vihar and travel to Worli everyday. Should catch up some day!
Maverick5490 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hi Shashi,

Good to see you enjoying the Manza and having a positive review of the Zest. I am also a TATA customer for the past 11 years, 8 years Indica V2 DLS and 3 years Vista QJD and have no reasons to complaint. Even I had thought about starting an ownership thread, but frankly too many TATA bashers here so never started it.

BTW I stay in Vasant Vihar and travel to Worli everyday. Should catch up some day!
Absolutely. We should since we are literally neighbours.

I will strongly recommend you put up your experience with Tata Vehicles. There are only a few of us who have been long term Tata vehicle owners and who don't have problems.

Lets catch up sometime. My number is 9323196814
Old 11th October 2014, 20:15   #26
BHPian

Update - II ( 11th Oct 2014)

Went to Nashik to perform my Mother's 1st Death Anniversay Shradh and the Black Beauty has just crossed the 29500 mark. Will now book for its 4th service before her next major road trip to Kerala during the coming Diwali vacations. I got a mileage of 22KML for this trip! I had been to Nashik on the 3rd of Sept as well and had not checked mileage on that occasion but the fact that i had gone to Nashik and come back on a little above half tank told me that i need not worry.

John Keats said.. A thing of beauty is joy forever! I now understand the full impact of that statement!
shashi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 19:40   #27
BHPian

This November my Black Beauty completes 18 Months! We have just finished our second Kerala trip ( have put pictures on my travel thread) and as of today it has done 33700 kms. Still good as new and nary a compliant. She took the ghats from Coimbatore to Coonoor without an issue inspite of stop go traffic on the ghats and also the return via the 36 hair pin route without any issue. She can really fly and this time i spread her wings and did constant speeds of 140kmh on the highways and for the first time I let her fly and felt she had much more in her to give. I touched 160 for a brief period and felt she had more to give but stopped myself from pushing her to her limits. The boot was loaded so she was rock steady even on corners taken at speed!

She still handles the same and she is a beauty! I don't have a reference Manza ownership thread for the New Club Class but i can safely say from my experience that Tata has made huge improvements if others have had a problem with performance or reliability in the past!

Next up drives planned to Pundarpur and Hampi!

What a car! An absolute joy to drive and own!

Again from my experience of the little i have driven the Zest, the Zest is an improvement even to the Club Class Manza and I think each and every owner of the Zest is going to be very surprised by its performance! I predict that once the Diesel engine opens up they should get over 23 KM/L on highways with the Zest as well! I know this is off the topic but i did get to speak to a guy who has done 1200 km on his new Zest ( he was a Dzire owner previously) and he was all smiles.

I also predict that people will fall in love with the Zest!
Old 20th June 2015, 17:44   #28

Quote:
This November my Black Beauty completes 18 Months!
Hi Shashi, hope your black beauty is still crunching miles and taking you places with pride. Its been a while since your last update.

My Manza QJet Aura ABS is completing 3 years this June and though I haven't driven it much but just 21k KM so far; most of it though has been on long stretcheswith amazing driving experience.
I am still quite in love with my "Dolph" and intend to keep it for another year or so as I will be making a few longs trips this year too. I personally feel that there is no better car yet than Manza for long hauls. Planning to install an RD kit (ECU tuning Box) to quench that thirst for more. I have read raving reviews on Manza running on RD kit.

do share your thoughts please.

Regards!
Van
vanatlarj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 20:33   #29
BHPian

May 26th My Black beauty completed 2 years and I am in complete awe of her. Now nearly at 50K kms and still as good as new. I smile when I read all the positive ownerships report of the Zest because I had predicted this. The Club Class Manza is a huge improvement and way ahead of all her competitors. I feel it is the best there is in this segment or maybe even a segment higher. People on this forum love to pull down Tata but I value Tata more as the years roll by.. And you are correct no better car than the Manza for long drives.. I have done another trip to the south and even in the peak of summer with ambient temperatures exceeding 40 deg the car was a pure delight.

I think personally the box will increase the throughput and give you more power but i guess you shoukd check with your Tata Service Centre and get the opinion from them before you go ahead with the update.

I am no more active on this forum so if please excuse the fact that i have not been updating my page. Cheers! Take Care! God Bless! Be Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanatlarj View Post
Hi Shashi, hope your black beauty is still crunching miles and taking you places with pride. Its been a while since your last update.

My Manza QJet Aura ABS is completing 3 years this June and though I haven't driven it much but just 21k KM so far; most of it though has been on long stretcheswith amazing driving experience.
I am still quite in love with my "Dolph" and intend to keep it for another year or so as I will be making a few longs trips this year too. I personally feel that there is no better car yet than Manza for long hauls. Planning to install an RD kit (ECU tuning Box) to quench that thirst for more. I have read raving reviews on Manza running on RD kit.

do share your thoughts please.

Regards!
Van
shashi63 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 17:52   #30

Thanks for you word of advice. I did check with the TASC and like expected they did not recommend the RD box. I then did some more research, this time on tuning box Vs remapping of the ECU. Remapping came out as a better option for this engine but comes with a disclaimer (unofficial) of the turbo charger being impacted. I think I will keep the stock settings for now and will continue to research.
On your prediction on the Zest; yes its getting much better reviews but its still sad to see TML's lackadaisical attitude towards the branding and marketing of such a good product. I fear they will cause damage to zest as they did to Manza. I agree that people on this forum are biased when it comes to acknowledging the Manza but I wont blame them as much as I would blame the TML for their poor QC and the after sales service for letting this happen. They have indeed failed their customers several times and their dealers are indeed the dark devils here. I was at Dingra motors Gurgaon last weekend and was enquiring about the Zest and the new Safari, can you believe they did not even a Test vehicle for TD and their team did not even appear to care about it (they didn't even note down my name/contact)

Well back to our loving Manzas; I have heard that TML has stopped the production of Manza and only those lying with the dealers are the ones available for sale. Is that how it looks in your city too ? Do you see any new Manza's on road of late? I am sure the resale value of the vehicle will take a hit. My bigger fear is that TML may stop selling spare parts of the car soon making it even more difficult for folks like us who love this car.

Is there any other active forum of Manza owners where one could keep in touch with active folks talking about their ownership?

Till then, Take care & God bless!
Van

Quote:
May 26th My Black beauty completed 2 years and I am in complete awe of her. Now nearly at 50K kms and still as good as new. I smile when I read all the positive ownerships report of the Zest because I had predicted this. The Club Class Manza is a huge improvement and way ahead of all her competitors. I feel it is the best there is in this segment or maybe even a segment higher. People on this forum love to pull down Tata but I value Tata more as the years roll by.. And you are correct no better car than the Manza for long drives.. I have done another trip to the south and even in the peak of summer with ambient temperatures exceeding 40 deg the car was a pure delight.

I think personally the box will increase the throughput and give you more power but i guess you shoukd check with your Tata Service Centre and get the opinion from them before you go ahead with the update.

I am no more active on this forum so if please excuse the fact that i have not been updating my page. Cheers! Take Care! God Bless! Be Safe!
vanatlarj is offline   Reply With Quote