Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st December 2015, 11:17   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Quick checkup at FASS for any rodent attack

Quick checkup at FASS for any rodent attack:

I took my car to FASS yesterday to check for any rodent attack. The car was put on the ramp and we checked for any hint of a rodent attack but couldn't find any. As mentioned by "--gKrish--", the airfilter assy was having the same kind of sponges but they are intact. Also, the SA informed that any kind of wiring damages would have displayed a error message in the MID. So, they gave a thumps-up!

Also, asked them to check the brake pads as it is close to 39K Kms now since the last change. He said it is good for another 2K Kms. This is the same message I am getting from them for some time

And silently, the ODO has crossed the 66K mark.
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-66k.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 15:22   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Bargur(TN) Drive (Bargur Textile Market)

Bargur(TN) Drive (Bargur Textile Market):
A lazy sunday afternoon and already two weeks since we hit the highways. So, it was time to find a reason to drive.
Some time back during a causal discussion with one of my friend, he told me that Bargur is good place to go apparel shopping. And, I had PM'ed team-bhpian motomaverick as well then based on his below post asking for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3243150 (Quick Meets at Bangalore)

So, we decided to hit Bargur for some Christmas shopping.

The route is through Krishnagiri and with minimal traffic on highway we reached bargur in 1H 40M (its around 110 Kms). This includes some 10-15 Mins traffic on the Bannerghatta road.

Bargur is a small town 5 Kms Off the Krishnagiri - Chennai highway.
This town area is very small such that it takes only a Km to cross the town area. But,its full of textile shops. The prices were on the lower side especially for branded jeans like Levis, Wrangler, Lee etc. What I hear is, these are the same stocks that are sold in Bangalore as well. But anyways, what mattered for us was the drive.

The roads are very narrow and so we had to park the car at a distance and walk to the market area.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-img20151208wa0021optimized.jpg

A quick stop for tea during our return,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-img20151208wa0025optimized.jpg

During the return, the traffic was more and took some time to cross the attibele toll. Also, once we entered bannerghatta road, we had to cross some heavy traffic.

Overall, it was nice short drive.

Total Kms: 225Kms
FE (MID): 19.8
Avg Speed: 61
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 11:54   #228
Senior - BHPian

Default 66K and 66666 Kms completed

66K and 66666 Kms completed
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-66k.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-66666optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 21:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Default Happy and safe 2016!

Had a wonderful experience of 38127 Kms on road during 2015. The highest Kms clocked in a year during my 10 years of driving.

Highlight was our Bangalore - Uttarakhand - Kanyakumari - Banglore drive!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nyakumari.html (7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-picsart_122910.35.24.jpg

Here's wishing everyone a happy and safe 2016!
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 05:39   #230
BHPian

Wishing you and your Linea many more happy miles together in 2016 :-). Looking forward for more amazing travelogues from you both.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 12:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Default Christmas Vacation Drive

Christmas Vacation Drive:

Bangalore - Nagercoil(Kanyakumari) - Kodaikanal - Nagercoil - Bangalore:-

We always spent our Christmas vacation at my home in Nagercoil and this tradition continued this time as well.

The only add-on was a one-night/two-day trip to Kodaikanal.

Kodaikanal:

This was a last minute decision, so couldn't get any resort/hotel outside the Kodaikanal town area with some good views. Also, it was just for a night so I didn't put much effort to find the right one.

We started early morning around 6:00 AM from Nagercoil and took the normal Madurai-Batlagundu route. After Madurai, it was some nice two-lane stretch and then 48Km of superb ghat section. At some places, the road was narrow, at some places it was very wide and occasionally bad as well. Overall, it is around 335 Kms till the hotel.

It took 6+ hours including the break for breakfast.

Some open road early in the morning,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-2optimized.jpg

Exit from the Madurai - Dindugal highway,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-4optimized.jpg

Nice green all sides, was cooling to our eyes,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-4aoptimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-5optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-5a.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-5b.jpg

Now some nice 2 lane with trees on both sides,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-6optimized.jpg

The ghat starts here,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-7optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-8optimized.jpg

Villa Retreat - Kodaikanal

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-9optimized.jpg

We stayed at Villa Retreat, I booked this based on positive feedbacks in teambhp. Only -ve that I see is, this hotel is located inside town(just 500M from bus stand and next to Coakers walk) and hence this area is crowded.

Hotel facilities were good. Not much open space though.

Even in afternoon, it was very cold and misty. So, we decided to settle in the room after a visit to coakers walk and a quick drive around the town.

This was at 1:30 PM

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-10optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-11optimized.jpg

I love this pic,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-12optimized.jpg

Next day, we drove around the lake, Pillar rocks, Pine forest, Suicide point, Guna caves, some shopping and started the return journey.

Something that surprised me was, at least 80% private cars that we spotted were KA registration.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-snap22.jpg

Two local cows admiring the beauty that my car is..

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-14optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-15optimized.jpg

Overall it was a nice trip and we enjoyed it.

Some Numers:

Total Kms: 711.5
FE: 17.7
Avg Speed: 51
Total duration: 13:45
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 12:10   #232
Senior - BHPian

Default Chothavilai Beach (Near Kanyakumari)

Chothavilai Beach (Near Kanyakumari):

This beach is around 10Kms from my home in Nagercoil and just 3Kms away from my cousin's place. But I am visiting this beach for the first time. This is also just 10 Kms from Kanyakumari.

The local information is that the shoreline is a bit more dangerous and the water current stronger than the other beaches. There are no lifeguards present here. So, we have to be extra cautious when playing in the waves.

This is more like a private beach as Kanyakumari is the hot spot for tourists. So, almost no crowd here and you can peacefully enjoy the time here. We were a gang of 15 people and it was only us in the beach.

Here are some pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-2optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-4optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-7.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-8.jpg

Road along the beach side, its damaged though.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-5optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-6optimized.jpg
Old 5th January 2016, 12:35   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!

You are munching miles relentlessly. Keep going

I have been to this beach though on bike. Late evenings you may find only yourself on the beach with none around.

Nice pics there.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 22:40   #234
Senior - BHPian

Default 70000 Kms update

70,000 Kms:

And here goes one more milestone, this time its 70K Kms. 22 days short of 2 years ownership.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-70koptimized.jpg

Hit this mark while on a dinner drive to Hassan with bhpians (paragsachania, speedsatya and funkykar). The distance was 390 Kms, overall.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-img20160109wa0005.jpg

Pic courtesy: paragsachania
All four cars have Live To Drive sticker on the rear.

It was a coincidence that both the linea's in this drive hit the 70K Kms mark in 9 Kms gap. And we knew this only when we were discussing during a quick stop near a toll booth. My ODO was 70050 then and other one which belongs to funkykar was 70059.

Brake Pad change:

New Set,
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20151221_102151optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20151221_102207optimized.jpg

Before the Kanyakumari/Kodaikanal drive , I had replaced the brake pads(ODO was 67011 Kms then) as a precautionary measure even though it had a life of another 2K Kms at least.

So, this set did its job beautifully for 39577 Kms. (27434 Kms till 67011 Kms). Now, I am in to the 3rd set. I have also changed the Oil, Oil filter, air filter, AC filter, Fuel filter(Fuel filter is changed every 15K Kms). I will be doing the next replacements at around 78K Kms.

Niggles:

The remote/auto locking was not working intermittently. So I was forced to use the key if I am outside the car, or the latch when inside the car.

FASS replaced the Actuator on both the right sides doors under warranty. Since then, all is fine.

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th January 2016 at 22:51.
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 11:39   #235
Senior - BHPian

Default Bangalore - Nagercoil - Bangalore

Bangalore - Nagercoil - Bangalore:

During the onward journey, I maintained the speed around 100 throughout and the FE was 21.5(MID), 21.005(Full tank method).

Trip details captured by mobile app "My Tracks"

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o1.jpg

Speed maintained,
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o2.jpg

During the return journey, the traffic was minimal till Namakkal, so I was able to maintain some good speeds. This time understandably the FE nose dived to 16(MID), 16.006(Full tank method).

For the return journey, normally a speed of around 100 would fetch at least 19Kmpl.

Trip details during return journey,
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o3.jpg

Speed maintained,
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o4.png

Overall, it was a nice trip.

Here is the total trip distance, with ODO @ 72492

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o7.jpg

And a random pic,

Attachment 1465506
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-o9.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 27th January 2016 at 11:53.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 08:55   #236
Senior - BHPian

Default 2 years of Ownership

2 years of Ownership:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-odo.jpg

Its two years today since I brought home my Linea. These two years of ownership has passed so fast that even I couldn’t believe the 72K mark on the ODO. It has been a pleasure so far and I have enjoyed each and every Km with this car. I have taken it all over from excellent roads to worst to no roads and it has come out with flying colors.

Highlight of this 2 year Ownership:

1) Uttrakhand drive - 7618 Kms:
Obviously it has to be the 7618 Kms drive to Uttrakhand, and then driving all the way down till the Southern tip, Kanyakumari and back to Bangalore. This trip was with family including 2 Kids (2.5Y and 7.5Y old then). All of us enjoyed the trip. And, a flawless performance by the Linea.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-ukdoptimized.jpg

Here is the travelogue for more details,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nyakumari.html (7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari)
Some pics during this trip

2) Longest stretch on a single day:
On the 12th day of the Uttarakhand drive, we drove down from Shirdi(MH) – Pune(MH) – Bangalore(KA)- till Salem(TN): which was 1292.9 Kms and covered it in 21H 30M. This was a marathon drive and I never thought I will be able to do this. And this was after covering 970 Kms the previous day. I still remember my elder son asking why not drive till Kanyakumari instead of halting at Salem. Despite 21+ hours of drive, everyone in the car was comfortable enough to stretch further. In short, it was breakfast at MH, lunch at KA and dinner at TN.

3) HVK Monsoon drive – Panchagani:
This was my first Monsoon drive and as the name suggests, it almost rained throughout our entire drive. If not for this drive, I don’t think I would have explored Panchagani and places around it. thanks to Hvkumar. Also, got a chance to drive along with some superb bunch of driving enthusiasts and friends all the way from Bangalore.

Here is the travelogue,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...chgani-mh.html (Chasing the Rains : Group drive from Bangalore to Panchgani (MH))

This is one of my favorite pic,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-collageoptimized.jpg

And this,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-day3_4b.jpg
Pic Courtesy: Parag

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-img20150726wa0044.jpg

4) About the much talked about Driving Ergonomics of Linea:
Initially it took some time to get the right seating position and since then it has been bliss. Even during the Uttrakhand drive which included some marathon runs, I didn’t face any issue at all. I am very happy on this aspect and there was never a moment of discomfort.

5) Experience with FASS/Spare parts availability:
No issues till date, be it my experience with FASS(Vecto Motors) or the availability of spare parts. Yes, like most of the dealers these days we need to be little careful when the job card is being prepared to avoid unnecessary stuffs. But otherwise, I have not faced any issues due to servicing. Multiple spare parts have been replaced under warranty and every time the spares were readily available. And I always make sure that I am with the car during the servicing.

Hill Stations Traveled:
  • Uttarakhand (Nainital, Ranikhet, Kausani, Almora)
  • Kodaikanal
  • Yercaud
  • Kolli Hills
  • Dhimbam ghats
  • Panchagani (Maharashtra) – HVK Monsoon Drive.
  • Chikmagalur, Mullayanagiri peak
  • Wayanad

States Traveled:
  • Karnataka
  • Tamil Nadu
  • Kerala
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • T elangana
  • Maharashtra
  • Gujarat
  • Rajasthan
  • Uttar pradesh
  • Delhi
  • Uttarakhand
  • Madhya pradesh

Contd..

Last edited by arun_josie : 1st February 2016 at 09:12.
Old 1st February 2016, 09:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2 years of Ownership

Here are some numbers:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-snap1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-snap2.jpg

Fuel Efficiency graph:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-feall.jpg

Fuel Efficiency: City Only

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-fecity.jpg

Fuel Efficiency: Highway Only

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-fehighway.jpg

ODO Share:

Name:  ODO Share.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  15.3 KB

My wife gifted me with this desktop calendar

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-20160131_233322optimized.jpg

Here are the Calendar Pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-calander-picsoptimized.jpg

Contd..
Old 1st February 2016, 09:09   #238
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics after 72K Kms on ODO.

There were tar marks all around the car which I couldn’t remove and also few scratches by 2W guys, one was little deep. One of my friends did detailing work to remove these marks /scratches and also brought back the glossy look. Awesome job done by him. Here are few random clicks from my mobile.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d5.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d6.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d7.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!-d31.jpg

Overall, it has been a fun filled trip so far with my Linea and I hope this continues.

PS: I know its overdose of car pics, but I just couldn’t resist my self
arun_josie is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 09:19   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 1,00,000 km up!

Excellent Arun!!

Truly Living to DRIVE and your ownership of 2 years and the number you have clocked covering some amazing locations of our country complements that.

You are again one of the few companions (along with FunkyKar and Satya) I can travel with family if we plan such long sojourns in a day and yet our families won't complain that they need to take a flight on return.

Also, You forgot to add our last minute dinner drives on a weekday night which may have easily added 2000 kms in just 3-4 such dinner meets .

Wish you a lot more driving and yes, even though our unplanned drives always get executed, we still have that long pending drive covering Shiradi and Charmadi due that we must do soon.

On Tar marks, I have had a share of them too and if you are a regular highway driver passing so many sections where the tarmac is freshly laid, its guaranteed that there will a lot that sticks on your car, especially the lower part of the bumper and the running board area.

I am using ABRO Bug/Tar remover since my WagonR days (Talk about a lighter shade and these tar marks) and very happy with the results. I simply spray this, leave it for a while and with a soft cloth just rub it and the marks vanishes removing the stuck Tar from the body.

I also have not found this to really cause any damage to the paint as well.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st February 2016 at 09:37.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 10:59   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Woah. Highway Mile muncher

The ODO is climbing up very fast in your car. When I drove your car, it feels as good as new even with all the kms on the ODO. Kudos to you on maintaining it very well.

Enjoy many more miles on the Linea.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote