Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2016, 07:46   #316
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,472
Thanked: 7,819 Times
Default Re: 1,00,000 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yesterday (27th Nov,2016) was a special day for me and my Linea because we crossed 1,00,000 Kms of partnership.
Congratulations Arun and join the 100K club. Feels like it was just yesterday, at the pace that you too have reached here!

Quote:
It took 2 years 9 months and 26 days to reach this milestone.
And this is a wonderful co-incidence and here's why :

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Took 2 Years and 9 Months to reach here and I still felt this was slowest in the last 10,000 kms .
Quote:
I was very restless especially after 99,000 Kms. So, with 500 Kms still to go on the ODO the past weekend, it was a great coincident that a breakfast drive was planned by my friends from the apartment. The drive was a pleasure and thanks to Parag who joined us as well. Total 7 cars and 2 bikes.
Pleasure is all mine Arun. After all, we never needed a reason to hit the roads and what better than the fact that the last drive helped reach the 100K figure faster by a day or two! I still cannot believe myself on how my Ertiga was short of 150 kms to 100K and I took more than 2 weeks to do that.

Thanks to my switching job last year, even my office commute has immensely reduced and I end up working from home. Nevertheless, despite of that, the compensatory drives always keeps happening!

Quote:
Also, before this drive, I got a quick wash and wax done at my friend’s place.
That is some very good work with Waxing Arun. Noticed that on Sunday and indeed it gives your Italian beauty a fresher look.

Quote:
3 like-minded MJDs ready to hit the tarmac anytime together, especially for unplanned dinner drives. Of course, for long drives too. I have really lost count of such drives.
Tell me about it. If I can roughly calculate, these MJDs would have been on the same drives for at least 8,000 kms if I factor the 2 monsoon drives (1800 each)and those many 400 kms breakfast drives! So tell us when are we meeting again, we are eager to see 101010 now, LOL!

Quote:
Seeing the 1,00,000 mark in the ODO gave an awesome feeling which I really can’t explain. My kids were very happy too to see 99999 and 100000 in the ODO. In fact my elder son started a countdown for the last 10 Kms.
This happened to me first on the WagonR and it was 0300AM and I and dad were returning back to Bangalore from Pune. The feeling was totally awesome I have to agree. However, the 200K mark on the WagonR was something that I cannot express and due to the same reason when 100K happened on the Ertiga, it was as if I had crossed 10K only, all because the benchmark was set higher now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Some details on the Maintenance of this car:
The details are impeccable Arun and looking at that gives a complete idea, in a very lucid manner.

Quote:
Sticking to the recommended service means, the maintenance costs would have come down big time, but since we do frequent highway trips, I prefer doing the service every 7500-10000Kms.
Makes so much sense there! I somehow feel 15,000 kms is way too long to a service/oil change given the abuse our vehicles takes in that interval.

Quote:
ODO Share
Quote:
Time taken to complete every 10,000 Kms. They are really consistent
Almost consistent I would say.

Quote:
As I have mentioned in one of my earlier update, I just feel that this car is getting better and better as it grows old.. just like fine wine.
We talked about this so much last weekend.

This might not be the most modern, most refined, most powerful Engine one can look for in the Market today but when on the highway, it doesn't really fail to impress someone who is driving this again and again.

The drive last Sunday was simply fantastic that I kept mentioning how I loved the entire journey that I didn't want to go home.

Quote:
So, I am looking forward for many more happy miles with this car.
Let it come I will say and yes, let's plan (really??) the next one soon.

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th November 2016 at 07:47.
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 10:35   #317
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,235
Thanked: 3,412 Times
Default Re: 1,00,000 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Some details on the Maintenance of this car:
Congrats on reaching the 100,000 KMs Milestone. I know its a special feeling, had a similar experience with Palio.

You know what, I have drafted a similar review on completing 1510 days (Car Registration number ends with 1510), but completely forgot to post it. Will do it sometime this week. Call me Lazy.

Will try and join for one of the breakfast rides you keep doing.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 22:19   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,979
Thanked: 2,864 Times
Default Re: 1,00,000 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations Arun and join the 100K club. Feels like it was just yesterday, at the pace that you too have reached here!
Thanks a lot parag! Yes, it was fast!

Quote:
And this is a wonderful co-incidence and here's why :
I actually thought you were much quicker. But good to know that we took similar time frame to hit the 1L mark

Quote:
I still cannot believe myself on how my Ertiga was short of 150 kms to 100K and I took more than 2 weeks to do that.
As you said, this is more to do with your 2L+ Kms in WagonR.

Quote:
That is some very good work with Waxing Arun. Noticed that on Sunday and indeed it gives your Italian beauty a fresher look.
Thanks again

Quote:
Tell me about it. If I can roughly calculate, these MJDs would have been on the same drives for at least 8,000 kms if I factor the 2 monsoon drives (1800 each)and those many 400 kms breakfast drives! So tell us when are we meeting again, we are eager to see 101010 now, LOL!.
Haha, we will have to plan for 1K Kms drive then.

Quote:
Makes so much sense there! I somehow feel 15,000 kms is way too long to a service/oil change given the abuse our vehicles takes in that interval.
Yes, 15K Kms duration is too-much that too with Semi-Synthetic oil.

Quote:
We talked about this so much last weekend.

This might not be the most modern, most refined, most powerful Engine one can look for in the Market today but when on the highway, it doesn't really fail to impress someone who is driving this again and again.
Very true that, we can keep driving all day without any complaints :-)

Quote:
The drive last Sunday was simply fantastic that I kept mentioning how I loved the entire journey that I didn't want to go home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on reaching the 100,000 KMs Milestone. I know its a special feeling, had a similar experience with Palio.

You know what, I have drafted a similar review on completing 1510 days (Car Registration number ends with 1510), but completely forgot to post it. Will do it sometime this week. Call me Lazy.

Will try and join for one of the breakfast rides you keep doing.
Thanks a lot Krishna!

You are more busy these days sir, not lazy :-) Sure, you can join us any time!
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A love affair: Fiat Punto Evo 1.3L MJD. EDIT - sold! rav11stars Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 89 1st August 2016 07:44
The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus johy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 11th August 2015 14:45
My 2nd Italian Beauty - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD finneyp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 29th July 2015 22:51
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold! Mr.Boss Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 18th May 2014 19:24
The Italian beauty continues to mesmerize.30,000 kms in the Punto MJD E+!!! ironshark Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 30th November 2011 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks