Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th November 2016, 19:48   #136
BHPian

Default Re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Anniversary milestone of 30k km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes. Always - no cutting splicing of things. Operate through remote.
I am looking for auxiliary lights for my XUV as well. While these lights can be operated via a remote, you would still have to connect them to the battery? If so, have to do it via dealer only, to protect the warranty?
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 19:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I am looking for auxiliary lights for my XUV as well. While these lights can be operated via a remote, you would still have to connect them to the battery? If so, have to do it via dealer only, to protect the warranty?
Yes Ajay, it has to be connected to the battery and the switch will be always on near the battery. The control switch linked to the actual switch and the remote will take of this.

And it is not really required to do it via a dealer, and since you are not splicing any wires warranty should not be an issue. You can check with Avinash once he does it. Even I might go for that.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 22:03   #138
BHPian

Default Re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Anniversary milestone of 30k km

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I might go for that.
I am definitely leaning towards more powerful lights- auxiliary or other wise. Basis previous experience that you guys had with shadows and stuff, aux seems to be the way forward. On my recent roadtrip to Rajasthan, narrowly avoided kissing a few cows that were treating the NH as their personal jogger's park Will check with Avinash on this.
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 09:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, see this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3947299

You can also see this thread for more details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-no-holes.html (Remote controlled Auxiliary Lights: No splices, no wires, no holes)

I am likely to add those Hella FF lights this weekend. As soon as done, I will update my ownership thread. You can check the details there hopefully by Monday or so!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 11:06   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I am likely to add those Hella FF lights this weekend. As soon as done, I will update my ownership thread. You can check the details there hopefully by Monday or so!
Looking forward to it. As there is no splicing involved, should not impact warranty, though one can never be sure, if A.S.S or manufacturer are looking for excuses to deny an expensive warranty claim.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 15:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to it.
Check this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4093080 (Ownership Tales - The Orange Cheetah! 2015 Mahindra XUV500 W10 FWD)

The minor adjustments for throw and angle are still pending but that will be when I venture out sometime soon!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote