Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th September 2014, 16:12   #1
BHPian

Default The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km

DREAMS COME TRUE?? Yes it does in my case at-least. My dream has come true to own a XUV and now I am a proud owner of this beast

Name:  WP_20150613_15_05_09_Pro.jpg
Views: 7931
Size:  124.3 KB

Background:

Being a member of this exciting forum from mid of 2013, the passion in me towards cars is reaching the limits drastically and still going strong. I am really out of words to express how addicted I am to this forum, even on weekends when I go out with my family I tend to check my subscriptions every now and then. Everyday I get to listen from my colleagues 'When can we see a different window on your lappy'.

I would like to thank the member's of this forum who has helped me with all their ownership reviews, official reviews by our amazing moderators. Also I would like to thank SDP, Ravi sir, dhanush, Anshuman, satya, mpksuhas, gurudutt, Mudhailpatti for their extensive ownership review of their cars which has helped me to finalize on this beauty.

Here I am today presenting my amazing dream come true story of my Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8. Since I am not a good writer/blogger, kindly bear with any mistakes and correct me at places where I have gone wrong. Thanks guys!

Desire for an XUV:

My first ride:

Name:  20130417 11.32.091.jpg
Views: 7813
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  20140411 09.45.14.jpg
Views: 7953
Size:  144.7 KB

Driving a Santro Xing from last 4.5 years and owning couple of bikes (Pulsar -Sold & R15 - owning), there was always a desire in me to own a SUV with butch looks and an occasional people mover. As everyone knows it was the one and only Tata Safari which had the mighty muscular looks till Fortuner was launched and people were admiring this monster. But in 2011 there was a twist in the SUV segment, where one wild tamed cat was set free from Mahindra's jungle which took the sweet spot in my mind as well as my heart. I was so addicted to this beast, that I decided I will own this car one day and I started admiring this beauty everyday.

But to fulfil my dreams I had no other option than to let go my first car(Silver Santro Xing -2010), the first car in our family and was taken care with utmost love and care. Also it served our needs & purpose up to the mark without any major flaws except for some minor dents and scratched. Since the family was growing there was this chance now to catch hold of this cheetah and let go the tall boy.

Now the itch started in me to test drive this beast and know each and every bit of it by the time I own one. Also I was following the niggles thread from day one and started planning to counter attack the niggles which I might face in the future.

Test Drive:

During mid July 2014, we had to travel to my native to attend a marriage function and I was overjoyed to get an opportunity to drive this beauty as my uncle owns a W8 version there. So before going I called my cousin brother and told him that I would like to drive when I am there and made sure he was available with the car. Also apart from test drive I got an opportunity to explore how this machine is in real conditions and a better opportunity to convince my parents about the car I am about to buy and show how the car looks in real. Some pics during the test drive of my uncle's XUV below,

Name:  20140604 17.50.52.jpg
Views: 7872
Size:  130.2 KB

Name:  20140604 17.54.08.jpg
Views: 7880
Size:  167.3 KB

Also I have watched the XUV 5OO DVD provided my Mahindra which had the entire episode of "Inside out Mahindra XUV5OO" telecasted on Discovery channel. Wish I get a chance to visit the Chakan plant as Ravi sir did.

To buy this car, my first mission was to convince my mom, because she would not allow me to spend over a million rupee on a car. Then came the financing part for which I had to do prepare a expense sheet to get my mathematics right.

Why an SUV, why not a premium sedan/hatchback?

Being a happy owner of the hatchback, I always wanted a best highway cruiser which can handle all types of roads as I usually travel to Madikeri/Belgaum to visit my relatives and as my daily commuter to office. Also I have plans to conquer Leh/Ladakh in the near future. Going through the official/ownership reviews written by fellow bhpian's as mentioned earlier, I had acquired all the skills to tame this cheetah.

Another reason to look out for a SUV was due to the size of my family. With me, my wife, parents, elder bro, sis in law, my pet in my family I had to do this switch and it was the right time. In a small hatchback(especially Santro) it is difficult to accommodate for a 5th person to travel, especially during the long drives and I used to feel more fatigue during highway runs. Also on some occasions we used to go in 2 cars when my uncle's family joins and it was very difficult for me to follow them all the way, as my dad would not allow me to overtake my uncle's car and forced me always to be behind them which I always hated. This is where the need for bigger car was itching me and enjoy my drives.

I did not considered any other options like Ertiga, Innova, Mobilio, Xylo, Scorpio, Safari, Lodgy as my mind and heart always wanted an XUV. Hence no separate mention on the options considered in my ownership review. But still I took a test drive of the new lodgy when it was launched, and there was no big car feeling at all. It felt literally as a van and I din't like the design. The engine was really smooth and it had a good touring range with 6 gears.

W8 to W6 to W8?

I wanted to visit the dealer to check on the OTR, discounts, loan eligibility and exchange price on my current car along with a test drive. It was a Saturday, I took my friend along and went to Anant Cars, Mysore Road. It was a nice gesture where they welcomed us, offered water and some sweets(A car was being delivered and hence the sweets), then came a SA who was exclusively for XUV prospects & started telling about the car, the price along with discounts being offered and so on. I asked for a test drive and unfortunately the test drive vehicle was not around and he promised me he can get it on Monday to my home and I said OK. Then I checked on the evaluation for my Santro and again he said there was nobody to evaluate and without looking at the car he said I would get around 2 lac, based on the year of manufacture. I was not convinced with the deal and I came out disappointed.

But the almighty had different plans and we went to a nearby dhaba for lunch along with a small drink where the actual discussion started about why only W8, why not W6. I would say my friend almost helped me save that additional money by giving me some gyan and change my mind to decide on W6. My friend started listing out the difference between W8, W6 and W4, I immediately ruled out W4 as IMO the beast does not look great without the black cladding strips and seems very bland without the waterfall design and a infotainment display. The main features which stood out from W8 compared to W6 were the additional 4 airbags, ESP, alloy wheels, HHC & HDC, Color touchscreen infotainment screen with a difference of almost 1.6 lac, which is of course a big amount for me. Even though I was losing on safety features like additional 4 airbags and ESP, considering the budget which was already extended I thought of giving up these and settle for a W6. And for alloys I had a option of super speed rims to make-over and Black & White infotainment would suffice. I felt HERE maps on my Nokia Lumia was far better than mapmyindia.

After close to 2 hours discussion, I decided it will be a W6 model which fits my budget and will look much more mightier than W8 with the Super speed rims. Thanked my friend and then we decided to visit India Garage, Palace Cross and check on the prices and discounts offered. Even though the price was similar across dealerships in Bangalore, my main intention was to get my Santro evaluated for a better price and get the best out of the dealers in terms of exchange price, exchange bonus & discounts. Unfortunately it started pouring heavily and the well known Bangalore traffic is pathetic when it rains and I could not get a test drive again. Due to some personal exigencies I had to put a hold on my purchase at that point of time and had to wait almost an year.

Somewhere in April, 2015 I re-initiated the process and there were rumors of face-lift being launched during the month of May. I was still under two minds whether to initiate the process of buying the pre-facelift model or wait for the face-lifted version. Then a twist in tale, I started to think about my budget and future plans and came to a conclusion that this would be the right time to go ahead with my purchase due to the discounts being offered on the existing model to clear out the stocks. Hence started visiting showrooms to get a quote and enquire about the face-lift. After seeing the spy shots of new facelift on our forum, somehow it was not to my liking when compared with the existing model and also it did not impress me with its looks, the cheetah was given a nice shave and made to look more feminine. But still I was contemplating on the new features and additions in the facelifted version. I discussed with my wifey about the discounts available for older version and new one might not have discounts and few features being removed. She advised me to go with the current version as there are no major mechanical changes and design was of not a concern as I had a liking to the existing face of XUV.

On Saturday 9th May, 2015 visited Anant Cars, Mysore Road and met Mr. Vinay Krishna who is a perfect salesman IMO, I was impressed by the way he followed up and helped me in buying this car even there were very less stocks available across Bangalore. Got a quotation to work on the financials and went back home, where I was welcomed with a surprise at home. My wife and parents gave me a news that there will be a new addition in the family and I was overwhelmed with joy and I was in flying at that moment. What else can a man expect and it was a memorable moment for me. With the same joy & happiness I started to work on my budget and was all set for the W6 version of XUV. On Monday(11-05-2015), Mr. Vinay called me up and asked if he can take the booking and I told him I would like to see the stocks available in stock yard and then do a test drive, show it to my parents and then confirm. He obliged and bought the car to office and we started off to the stockyard and was happy to see the stocks available of my favorite silver color along with white, red, gray and black. Went home along with Vinay and discussed with parents, showed them and booked the car - Mahindra XUV 5OO W6(Silver).

Next day I was informed to submit all the documents for loan processing and the loan was confirmed by Wednesday - SBI @ 10.3% - Very quick infact:-) Now it has been reduced to 10.15%

Twist in the tale: I was in the process of selling my old car and was negotiating with couple of individuals who were interested in the car. But unfortunately they quoted me less compared to the showroom and I was not happy at all. Finally gave a call to Nandi Toyota U-Trust to evaluate my car and get a quote, I was really impressed with the price offered and had a word with the rep to check on exchange bonus as I had knew Mahindra dealers take the car and sell it through U-Trust from a fellow bhpian(this is where Team-bhp rocks). To my surprise the rep obliged and spoke to the dealer and helped me in getting the exchange bonus. Trust me I got a good deal on my Santro (2.7lac including exchange bonus - 2010 model). On Friday evening, I got a call from Mr. Vinay stating that all silver W6 has been allotted to other customers and I was left with only one white W6. I was really furious about this and asked how can this happen to a customer who has booked earlier and now you have been told the stocks are not there. He was ready to get me a silver W6 if I am still sticking to it from other dealers across the state, but I was not at all ready as I don't want anybody to drive my car for long distances before me owning it. Also he made a offer where I can stick to the same down payment and a small increase in EMI I can opt for Silver W8 which was available and it will be allotted to me, I did some recalculations, spoke to my wife and then took a plunge to go ahead with it and blocked the W8. I was really happy this happened, as I was more interested in W8 with all bells and whistles and the most important safety features.

So now I am a happy owner of Silver XUV 5OO - W8

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km-office4.jpg

Last edited by fusionbang : 18th June 2015 at 20:15.
fusionbang is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 14:35   #2
BHPian

Default My Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 FWD

Name:  Office3.jpg
Views: 7296
Size:  58.6 KB

Which Color?

I had 3 options in my mind Silver, Red or Purple. I mainly chose these colors because I did not want beige interiors and the grey did not appeal to me. Out of the 3, my first preference was always Purple, because IMO dark color will give a butch look to the SUV. Since I chose to buy a W6 model I had no option other than to let go purple and decide on either red or silver. So again I had to contemplate on the colors and finally SILVER it was, considering the amount of effort involved to maintain the beauty of this beast, hide those minor scratches which tend to happen without your knowledge. Even for silver I spend around 2 hours to get her shining and gleaming. And I had to stick to Silver even when changing the version from W6 to W8 as purple was not available, I remained firm with my decision on the silver color.

D-Day:

I had decided to take delivery on 18th May, 2015 as I had to give off my old car by 16th for the car to be registered on Monday and could not extend the date as this was my primary mode of transport. But due to change in version, the loan amount had to be increased and being a Saturday, the finance guy was not able to take approval and process the payment. Also I asked my mom to check for on an auspicious day to take delivery and it was confirmed Wednesday (20th May, 2015) it will be. So completed all my PDI at the stock yard on 16th May, 2015. Thanks to Team-BHP for the check-list and it helped me a lot. During PDI, I noticed that I was allotted a March 2015 car and somehow I was OK to take a March manufactured car, but while doing PDI I observed that the right rear door was damaged during transit and there was body work done on the same. Hence I stood firm and cancelled that car and got a April 2015 allotted. I would like to thank Mr. Vinay, the sales executive as he didn't try to push the same vehicle and instead allotted a new car as per my expectation.

Was waiting for my loan approval and completed all formalities on Monday ,left my Santro with the dealer. I had a sleepless night before the delivery day and got up in the morning with lot of excitement. Since I was supposed to take delivery of the car in the evening I planned to go to office and come back early to get my car. I booked a Zoom car for the day and I was very hesitant in office to complete my work and was waiting for the evening. Left office by 5.30PM, reached home picked up my parents and went to the showroom. I was informed that it would take another 20 mins for the car to be ready for delivery. My wife also came back from office at the right time and we were all set and it was time to lay my hands on my cougar. Since my sales executive was at Pune attending training on the face-lift, I just took the car with all documents signed. I was given 10 ltrs of fuel by the dealer and I brimmed the tank at a nearest Shell fuel station.

At the Temple:
Name:  Temple1.jpg
Views: 7216
Size:  143.7 KB

Since the official review has covered every minute detail, I will just write about my views on the car, likes and dislikes based on my 1100Kms of driving till date. Also pardon me for comparing this beast with a tall boy Santro, as I have driven this car excessively in last 5 years.

Usage Pattern

Daily: 20 kms a day in dense city traffic. Still not able to find a suitable driving position with height adjustment.

Highways: Once in a month or two >600 Kms (to & fro)

Driving Impressions:

Now the car has clocked 1100kms. From the time of delivery it has been just city rides from my home to office and a small trip of 100kms to and fro to a temple. So all my observations are based on the limited driving which I have done on this car and more will follow once I do highway drives.

Engine: From the day I had driven a scorpio with mHawk engine I was blown away with its amazing capability with 120 horses. I was really happy when I saw they have used the same mHawk engine with the horses tuned to 140.

mHawk140, Direct injection diesel engine 5th generation Variable Geometry Turbo charger (VGT)
Cubic Capacity: 2179 cc
Max Gross Power: 140 Bhp(103kW) @ 3750 rpm
Max Gross Torque: 330 Nm @1600-2800rpm

One thing I love about this engine is the ability to cleanly pull from 1500+ RPM and go all the way till 5000RPM. Whereas the true power is delivered from 1700RPM till about 4500RPM. This way it is very easy to drive in the City and a boon to drive on highways. Trust me not even once till date I have felt that I am driving a heavy monster and felt it is smoother than my previous car. Period.

Ride: The ride is on the stiffer side to compensate for handling. Sometimes it becomes difficult to ride on a uneven road and you feel you are taking a dry ride at wonder la at average speeds. But maneuvering the car slowly in 2nd gear makes it easy to cross the stretch without scraping its underbelly. Coming to highways, it smoothly cruises all the way and a small boost is enough to overtake a vehicle without worrying about lowering the gear.

I am not sure if it is been tuned to cruise in 3rd gear without any throttle input, sometimes its very scary in crawling traffic and you are in 3rd gear and IMO it will be difficult for a newbie to drive this car till he learns about the car in detail.

Handling: This car feels more comfortable to drive in city compared to my Santro and on highways it is a cake walk with little inputs for the steering. The steering weighs up well as speed increase gradually. And adding to that the cruise control plays a major role on your highway trips which will not stress you and you will be surely ready for the next run.

One thing I have noticed, when moving the car from standstill and the clutch being fully depressed steering wheel shudders, has anybody faced in their cars? Will inform during first service to see if its an issue, as it tends to work fine when the clutch is depressed slowly.

Brakes:
Brakes does not feel confident at good speeds and I need to literally stand on the brake pad to stop at the desired point. I think I need to give it some more time to adopt to my driving style or rather me adopt to the braking capability of the car. I din't face any such issues in my Santro from day one ( I know it's not a good thing to compare with a small car, but still I owned the small car I have no other choice)

Safety:
With 6 airbags, ABS, EBD and ESP this car is one of the safest car for me at this price point. Since I did not had a single safety feature in my previous car, I am really happy with my decision to buy a car with all the safety equipments. Additional safety features is a boon at any instance, isn't it? Also I would like to recollect a statement from dhanushmenon's ownership thread "six is more than two and better too"

Space:
The best way to use this car is as a 5 seater with a huge boot. Acres of space in the 1st & 2nd row. I am really impressed by the space it offers in the 2nd row with the front seats pushed all the way back. In case if you are using the car as a 7 seater, then roof carrier is the only option to accommodate your luggage.

ICE:
Even though the ICE is not that impressive. slowly you will start liking it and it has almost all features needed in a car. Bluetooth is good enough and pairs up to 5 devices with ease (But still I faced an issue where Galaxy S4 was connected but I was not able to check the box for either Phone or Music - not sure if this is an compatibility issue)

Cruise Control:
My personal best feature of the car, which makes you less fatigue on your marathon runs and you can drive this beast the whole day.

Navigator:
Works good but not up to the mark compared to my Here maps on my phone. I wish it will get an update along with the ICE to load as soon as selected instead of taking it's own sweet time.

NVH:
NVH levels are controlled to a good extent. Unfortunately I can hear road noise at average speeds (probably because of the dueler's) and I wish it was more silent inside.

Start-Stop:
You don't have to turn the key fob every time the traffic signal goes green, it's a boon especially in Bangalore traffic to have this feature which swtiches off the engine with gear lever in neutral and clutch fully depressed. I am afraid how long will the bulb's hold on with this feature being active during night runs.

Air Conditioner:
Thanks to ACC and Rear Ac which helps the car cool down in quick time even on a hot sunny day. Really impressed.

Looks:
I love the butch looks compared to the new facelift and that was one of the main point to go ahead with the pre-facelifted version. I love the aggressive stance and the eager to pounce face. I am planning to cover the front face with carbon fiber stickers to give it a mean look as SDP has done to his car.

Fuel Efficiency:
Achieved a mileage figure of 18KMPL with 120 kms on my ODO and very happy with that. Below picture confirms the same. Recently I did a tankful and observed that the average has come down to 9.84 after lot of city driving with 100% AC. I will wait till my first service to post my comment on the fuel efficiency.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km-collage.jpg

2. Space
3. Cruise Control feature
4. No turbo lag
5. Road presence
6. Blue-tooth connectivity
7. Safety features such as 6 airbags, ABS - EBD, ESP

Dislikes:
1. Notchy gear shifts (1st & 2nd)
2. Left foot fouling with the steering column when the clutch is full depressed.
3. Literally no boot space with all 7 seats in place.
4. Not so confidence inspiring brakes.
5. Voice command system.
6. Conversation mirror which is useless for me at least as I can use the IRVM for this purpose which is very rare.

Small Niggles:

1. Creaking sound on the left side of vehicle when moving from standstill - This is not frequent but still irritates sometimes, need to inform during first service
2. Right side air vent next to steering gives out less air compared to the one on left - Not sure if this is a issue, or this is how it is supposed to be, can anybody confirm please?

Very Happy to be a owner of this beast and enjoying the ownership.

Will keep this thread updated with my everyday experience with this cheetah.

Planning to change the look with carbon fiber sticker on the front grill as mentioned earlier to make it look something like below, (This pic is referenced from the pic shared by SDP on official thread)

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km-mod1.jpg

Let some pictures do the talking now,

Exteriors:

Name:  WP_20150613_15_00_29_Pro.jpg
Views: 7110
Size:  192.6 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_00_48_Pro.jpg
Views: 7029
Size:  188.5 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_00_56_Pro.jpg
Views: 6906
Size:  112.5 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_01_34_Pro.jpg
Views: 6864
Size:  146.3 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_01_22_Pro.jpg
Views: 6844
Size:  154.1 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_01_42_Pro.jpg
Views: 6793
Size:  170.6 KB

Name:  WP_20150613_15_01_49_Pro.jpg
Views: 6702
Size:  166.0 KB

Name:  WP_20150523_17_09_08_Pro.jpg
Views: 6670
Size:  165.1 KB

Name:  WP_20150523_17_09_21_Pro.jpg
Views: 6613
Size:  169.0 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2015 at 12:31. Reason: Spacing
fusionbang is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 20:41   #3
BHPian

Default My Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 FWD

Interiors:

Instrument Cluster
Name:  WP_20150613_15_04_45_Pro.jpg
Views: 6481
Size:  133.2 KB

Infotainment System
Name:  WP_20150613_15_04_36_Pro.jpg
Views: 6433
Size:  127.1 KB

Center Console
Name:  WP_20150613_15_04_17_Pro.jpg
Views: 6361
Size:  137.9 KB

Solid Doors which close with a thud
Name:  WP_20150613_15_02_14_Pro.jpg
Views: 6347
Size:  137.7 KB

Leather on the steering wheel is neatly stitched, looks good
Name:  WP_20150613_15_04_54_Pro.jpg
Views: 6316
Size:  130.2 KB

Cruise control buttons on steering wheel
Name:  WP_20150613_15_05_00_Pro.jpg
Views: 6319
Size:  154.1 KB

Volume controls on steering wheel
Name:  WP_20150613_15_05_03_Pro.jpg
Views: 6248
Size:  130.0 KB

Cool glove box
Name:  WP_20150613_15_03_57_Pro.jpg
Views: 6253
Size:  107.4 KB

Coin holder in center arm rest
Name:  WP_20150613_15_03_48_Pro.jpg
Views: 6212
Size:  150.1 KB

Inconsistent panel gap in the upper glove box
Name:  WP_20150613_15_03_00_Pro.jpg
Views: 6142
Size:  136.1 KB

Vanity mirror with led light
Name:  WP_20150613_15_06_44_Pro.jpg
Views: 6139
Size:  138.4 KB

2nd & 3rd Rows reading lamps with grab handles, you can also notice the coat hanger
Name:  WP_20150613_15_07_01_Pro.jpg
Views: 6180
Size:  123.7 KB

3rd row AC knob with magazine & cup holder
The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km-wp_20150613_15_08_05_pro.jpg

3rd row charging point with manual fuel lid removal provision
Name:  WP_20150613_15_08_12_Pro.jpg
Views: 6119
Size:  104.3 KB

Jack & other tools
Name:  WP_20150613_15_08_51_Pro.jpg
Views: 6153
Size:  169.8 KB

Spare tyre removal point
Name:  WP_20150613_15_08_57_Pro.jpg
Views: 6057
Size:  190.5 KB

Camping light (sorry for the quality of the pic)
Name:  WP_20150613_15_09_29_Pro.jpg
Views: 6012
Size:  84.7 KB

Lounge lighting
Name:  WP_20150618_19_58_06_Pro.jpg
Views: 5993
Size:  65.1 KB

Spare steel wheel, which is changed in all W8 models from Jan 2015
Name:  WP_20150613_15_09_43_Pro.jpg
Views: 6022
Size:  147.3 KB

List of Accessories:
1. Side Steps & Door Side moulding
Name:  WP_20150613_15_01_57_Pro.jpg
Views: 6422
Size:  201.9 KB

2. Rain Visors
Name:  WP_20150613_15_02_01_Pro.jpg
Views: 6121
Size:  159.5 KB

3. Illuminated Scuff plates
Name:  WP_20150527_18_42_22_Pro.jpg
Views: 5946
Size:  112.5 KB

4. Dash Camera
Name:  WP_20150613_15_02_51_Pro.jpg
Views: 6259
Size:  169.2 KB

5. Body Cover & Jopasu Duster
Name:  WP_20150613_15_08_25_Pro.jpg
Views: 5936
Size:  134.9 KB

6. Foldable Auto Front Rear Window Sun Shade Car Windshield Visor Cover Block ( Courtesy - Google Images)
Name:  Sunshade.jpg
Views: 5941
Size:  22.0 KB

Accessories Planned:
1. Front Sensors - Is it good to have?
2. Carpet Lamination (If Required) - Need suggestions where I can get this done?
3. 3D Kagu mats - Holding on for now and will probably buy one after 6 months
4. HUD Display - Not sure how much use it will be of.

Thanks for reading my long ownership thread, will keep this thread updated with my day to day experiences.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2015 at 12:30. Reason: Spacing
fusionbang is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:34   #4
Team-BHP Support

Default re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! EDIT: Completed 40k km

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
So now I am a happy owner of Silver XUV 5OO - W8
Official congratulations and best wishes, Sunay. I wish you and your XUV 500 infinite miles with smiles.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on an excellent buy.

The W8 does look magnificent in silver. A very detailed description of the entire process that you have shared will come in handy for prospective buyers in the forum.

Wish you and your family many happy miles with the beast. Cheers!
Hunter3077 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:59   #7
BHPian

Had to visit service center just after one month of purchase due to the Steering Alignment Sensor issue which came up during my 400kms (to&fro) trip. It appeared 15-20 mins after I engaged cruise control. The diagnostic laptop showed the issue and have taken an appointment for Saturday to get the issue fixed.

Anant Cars service center on BG road was packed and it was a real mess to get the car moving. One thing good about the SA is he did not try to convince me nor erase the error code, instead I was told to come when I am free and get it fixed. Hence I will be going this Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Official congratulations and best wishes, Sunay. I wish you and your XUV 500 infinite miles with smiles.
Thank you very much sir:-) Sorry could not meet you at all, probably will coming to the 3M store at Basaveshwaranagar some time and we can catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Heartiest congratulations on an excellent buy.

The W8 does look magnificent in silver. A very detailed description of the entire process that you have shared will come in handy for prospective buyers in the forum.

Wish you and your family many happy miles with the beast. Cheers!
Thank you very much Hunter.

Last edited by fusionbang : 23rd June 2015 at 14:03.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
probably will coming to the 3M store at Basaveshwaranagar some time and we can catch up.
Thank you, Sunay. I will be leaving for Chennai tomorrow night.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:18   #9
BHPian

Default Re: My Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 FWD

Quote:
Interiors:

Accessories Planned:
1. Front Sensors - Is it good to have?
2. Carpet Lamination (If Required) - Need suggestions where I can get this done?
3. 3D Kagu mats - Holding on for now and will probably buy one after 6 months
4. HUD Display - Not sure how much use it will be of.

Thanks for reading my long ownership thread, will keep this thread updated with my day to day experiences.

3D Kagu mats are worth the money. They can totally transform the look and feel of the interiors. The best part is that they don't move around and they are easy to clean. I have been using them since many years on all my cars and I bought them for my new XUV 500 as well.

Front sensors are a pain in Indian traffic conditions, from what I have seen so far.
Diesel9999 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.

After seeing SDP's pic of completely blacked grill, even I am thinking of getting the same done in few months.

Quote:
Anant Cars service center on BG road was packed and it was a real mess to get the car moving. One thing good about the SA is he did not try to convince me nor erase the error code
Anant cars is always crowded, also I have felt the way they manage the vehicles is not efficient. Due to which half their time is wasted in moving the vehicles around the campus to give way for other vehicles.

I had complained about this multiple times and also mailed to their CEO regarding this, however I don't find any change in the same.

However, the work they do is never rushed and I have not had a reason to complain regarding the same. If you stay nearby you can try visiting them on a weekday when it may be less crowded.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
3D Kagu mats are worth the money. They can totally transform the look and feel of the interiors. The best part is that they don't move around and they are easy to clean. I have been using them since many years on all my cars and I bought them for my new XUV 500 as well.

Front sensors are a pain in Indian traffic conditions, from what I have seen so far.
Thanks Diesel9999. I will definitely buy the mats at the earliest, but my only concern is what do I do with the rubber mats, as I would not like to just keep it idle and it's just a space problem again. Also does the Kagu mats have velcro behind? Have you removed the plastic which comes with the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

After seeing SDP's pic of completely blacked grill, even I am thinking of getting the same done in few months.

Anant cars is always crowded, also I have felt the way they manage the vehicles is not efficient. Due to which half their time is wasted in moving the vehicles around the campus to give way for other vehicles.

I had complained about this multiple times and also mailed to their CEO regarding this, however I don't find any change in the same.

However, the work they do is never rushed and I have not had a reason to complain regarding the same. If you stay nearby you can try visiting them on a weekday when it may be less crowded.
Thanks for the wishes Suhas I had been there today during my office hours and found to be too crowded on a weekday.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 08:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sunay!

I am close to Anant Cars Service Station on BG Road. Our Cheetah's can meet and we too hopefully

I am also considering the front sensors. I think it would be good usage for tight parking in the apartment complexes and office where space is constraint. Not sure if that will also be a good help in the bumper to bumper traffic. If it has options for audio alarm mute - it can be good help in choco-a-block traffic!

I will check this soon and come back if it is making sense for me.

Congrats again and wish you many more happy miles with your silver cougar!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 09:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congrats Sunay!

I am close to Anant Cars Service Station on BG Road. Our Cheetah's can meet and we too hopefully

I am also considering the front sensors. I think it would be good usage for tight parking in the apartment complexes and office where space is constraint. Not sure if that will also be a good help in the bumper to bumper traffic. If it has options for audio alarm mute - it can be good help in choco-a-block traffic!

I will check this soon and come back if it is making sense for me.

Congrats again and wish you many more happy miles with your silver cougar!
Thanks Avinash😊

This Saturday I will be coming there to Anant cars probably we can have a quick chat. And ya let me know about the front sensors if you get a chance to check on it.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 14:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Our Cheetah's can meet and we too hopefully
Congrats Abirnale. Guess in past couple of weeks quiet few XUV purchases on TBHP.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 15:32   #15
BHPian

Got my car detailed today at 3M car care, RMV 2nd stage. Below are the list of jobs done on the car,

1. UV Treatment
2. 3M Nomad Mats
3. 3M Glossy black sticker for the front grill

Went to the car care at 10AM and was out by 1.30PM. The staff were very courteous and the job's were handled professionally. Mr. Chandrasekhar was the executive and also met Mr. Amit Shah who owns this outlet and it was a nice gesture from him as he treated all his customers with a smile and knowing I am a bhpian he offered me a Paint Protection film on door edges for free of cost.

Some pictures now,

Car before the job started

Name:  WP_20150625_10_42_51_Pro.jpg
Views: 5113
Size:  147.6 KB

Work being done on the car

Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_16_Pro.jpg
Views: 5060
Size:  135.0 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_27_Pro.jpg
Views: 5048
Size:  114.4 KB

After the UV Treatment

Name:  WP_20150625_12_21_30_Pro.jpg
Views: 5146
Size:  135.7 KB

Front grill with the glossy black film wrap

Name:  WP_20150625_12_31_47_Pro.jpg
Views: 5217
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_12_32_01_Pro.jpg
Views: 4995
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_12_32_09_Pro.jpg
Views: 5072
Size:  165.2 KB

3M Nomad Mats

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_08_Pro.jpg
Views: 5034
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_14_Pro.jpg
Views: 5033
Size:  175.2 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_26_Pro.jpg
Views: 4991
Size:  159.0 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_36_Pro.jpg
Views: 4982
Size:  119.5 KB

Some of the products available at the store

Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_34_Pro.jpg
Views: 5061
Size:  138.1 KB

PS: Saw a zoom car XUV which had come for UV Treatment, not sure if zoom car's does it for all its cars or this was a special case, did not get a chance to check on the same

Name:  WP_20150625_13_33_20_Pro.jpg
Views: 5417
Size:  136.4 KB
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote