Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th February 2015, 20:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

That is one great long term ownership review Parimal. You have covered almost every thing in detail and i had a great time reading it in full.

Have similar experience with our 09 Linea which has clocked 60k kms and still drives like it was on day 1. No squeaks, rattles or any significant issues, support from Fiat has been top notch when needed. Still love to take the car out on highway drives, the sense of solidity and safety which a Fiat shows during highway drives can not be matched by others. Have other cars as well like Fiesta, Ecosport Vento but the way Fiat tanks move on highway speeds is some thing to be experienced.
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 15:33   #17
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That is one great long term ownership review Parimal. You have covered almost every thing in detail and i had a great time reading it in full.

Have similar experience with our 09 Linea which has clocked 60k kms and still drives like it was on day 1. No squeaks, rattles or any significant issues, support from Fiat has been top notch when needed. Still love to take the car out on highway drives, the sense of solidity and safety which a Fiat shows during highway drives can not be matched by others. Have other cars as well like Fiesta, Ecosport Vento but the way Fiat tanks move on highway speeds is some thing to be experienced.
Thanks a lot..! Yes Fiat Dynamics are really amazing, the service has also improved a lot, and their warranty is unmatched. Wish you many more happy miles with your cars ...!
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 11:35   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports : My Companion : 80,000 kms Completed

Last week went to Ratnagiri with one of my frined, he had some work there, We started at Sat evening return on Sunday Night. NH17 is just brilliant, just one hell of a ride, Roads were not good till Nagothane, it improves till Kolad from there on wards roads are just brilliant. The perfect roads for good handling cars, i enjoyed every bit of it and traffic was very less at it was late evening. While coming back we took Khopoli pali road to avoid the bad patch of Nh17, which has a diversion from Nagothane, its newly laid roads except last 4/5 kms are bad but much better than Nagothane Panvel Stretch.
On the return journey Car completed 80k kms, she is just munching miles and feels as good as new.
Overall trip Mileage was 20 kms/lit, and did Refill at Khed Reliance Fuel Station and from Khed to Dombivli Car gave excellent Mileage of 22.5 km/lit.
Pictures :
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-nh17.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0080.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0087.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0092.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0117.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0103.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0137.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0138.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0141.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0142.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0122.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0073.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_0132.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports : My Companion : 80,000 kms Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Last week went to Ratnagiri. NH17 is just brilliant, just one hell of a ride, Roads were not good till Nagothane, it improves till Kolad from there on wards roads are just brilliant.
Did you not encounter any traffic at the Vadhkal junction or at Pen? Last time I had been to Murud using the NH17, I had a tough time traversing the traffic and add to that some really bad patches near Karnala. I guess these patches have been repaired now, is it?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 12:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you not encounter any traffic at the Vadhkal junction or at Pen? Last time I had been to Murud using the NH17, I had a tough time traversing the traffic and add to that some really bad patches near Karnala. I guess these patches have been repaired now, is it?

Roads are bad from Panvel to Nagothane, its worst in Karnala section, it took close to 3 Hrs to reach Nagothane which is 30 kms from Dombivli, Traffic bad roads, road widening, diversion everything is there on that stretch. Just being Saturday evening traffic was not much near Pen Vadkhal Section.
Old 7th March 2015, 12:58   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!

Break Pad change Update:

Replaced my third set of break pads at Balaji Motors Thane.
The Odo Reading was 81k kms

Parts Cost : 3190.00 Rs
Labor : 390.00 Rs

Last week went to my Native Ambejogai for some work, had some work in Pune stayed there for couple of days. During my Pune stay visited Pandit Auto, for following issues.
1> Rear Hatch hydraulics:
2> Hight adjuster Liver( It developed a Crack)
3> New Air-filter Cover.

Both the Hydraulics replaced under extended warranty, Height Adjuster lever costed Rs 64.00 and the Air Filter cover is for Rs 169.00, parts are reasonably priced.

Also brought fat branded pillows for rear seats at Rs 999.00 for a pair.

Service quality at Pandit is top notch.

Drive Details :
Pune - Ahmadnagar - Jamkhed - Patoda - Manjaersumba - Ambejogai
Return
Ambejogai - Manjersumba - patoda - Jamkhed - Ahmadnagar - Alephata -Malshej ghat- Dombivli

Total Distance : 781 kms
Avg 21.4 km/lit

The car is awesome for double lane roads speeds mostly around 90 km/hr, AC use was minimum as both the drives started early morning, so 30 % was AC usage.

Pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7778.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7788.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7803.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7841.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7827.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7853.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7799.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7830.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7859.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7860.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 22:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

With respect to your query, I had gone from Vashi to Kashid via the same road and I'm sorry to say the roads are still not in the best of conditions. The stretch you mentioned still has its fair share of potholes and its needless to say that the driving at night is unbelievably challenging as usual.

Nice informative thread parimal_g. Love the decals on your car, it truly is a gem of a car and the fact that you've completed 80k without too much melodrama gives me pleasure.

I own the 90HP version too and it's done about 9000 kms in 8 months and I'm curious to know if I should change the oil at 10k or earlier. If I do it earlier, then what gap should I follow before oil changes in future?
AbhishekE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 23:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekE View Post

Nice informative thread parimal_g. Love the decals on your car, it truly is a gem of a car and the fact that you've completed 80k without too much melodrama gives me pleasure.

I own the 90HP version too and it's done about 9000 kms in 8 months and I'm curious to know if I should change the oil at 10k or earlier. If I do it earlier, then what gap should I follow before oil changes in future?
Good to know you have same car, is it a Punto old version or Evo. The decals came with my car as standard fitment.
The car is absolutely trouble free, just take good care of her she will take you to places with ease. I had replaced my first oil at 5k and then after every 15k kms. How old is your car from the date of manufacturing, i would suggest if its more than year change it or keep it if its less than year. But even if you dont change there should not be an issue. Enjoy the car.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 00:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know you have same car, is it a Punto old version or Evo. The decals came with my car as standard fitment.
The car is absolutely trouble free, just take good care of her she will take you to places with ease. I had replaced my first oil at 5k and then after every 15k kms. How old is your car from the date of manufacturing, i would suggest if its more than year change it or keep it if its less than year. But even if you dont change there should not be an issue. Enjoy the car.
Hi its the Grande Punto. Mine's 8 months old, the manufacturing was in April 2014, and I didn't change the oil but got it topped up in the 5k service.

Did you get the 'FIAT' decals on the front and side as standard fitment? If not, can you tell me where you ordered/fitted them from? They look gorgeous!

So going by your advice, the earlier I change it the better right? I think I'll wait for a month and then change it. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2015, 00:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Did you get the 'FIAT' decals on the front and side as standard fitment? If not, can you tell me where you ordered/fitted them from? They look gorgeous!

So going by your advice, the earlier I change it the better right? I think I'll wait for a month and then change it. Thanks.
Fiat decals i got in Dec 2012 during the Fiat factory visit.And other decals you can get from fiat Showroom or order from below website

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/accessorie...gs/decals.html

Yes if its April 2014 Car better you get it changed. But then just after four months again you will have to change the engine oil. So observe the engine performance and act accordingly.
Old 15th March 2015, 01:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Yes if its April 2014 Car better you get it changed. But then just after four months again you will have to change the engine oil. So observe the engine performance and act accordingly.
I'd appreciate if you could elaborate a little on this. If I do change my oil soon, will I have to change it again in the 1 year service or can I continue a trend of 10k or 15k between oil changes?
Old 15th March 2015, 09:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I'd appreciate if you could elaborate a little on this. If I do change my oil soon, will I have to change it again in the 1 year service or can I continue a trend of 10k or 15k between oil changes?
What i wanted to say is that if you change it now, Fiat will ask to change once again during the Second service that is One year service, because as per the service manual Oil change is one year or 15k kms which ever comes first.
Old 16th March 2015, 08:22   #28

Brilliant writeup and congragulations on the 80,000 milestone. My Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP is now 94,000 km's young and i can vouch for its stability and rattle free ownership

Quick question on the photos to Ambejogai you posted. The photos of the mountains and single laned road between them is truly beautiful. Can you please let me know where these were taken
alfafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Carrying desire to visit Ambejogai (our Kul Devi) since quite sometime (last visited in 2002 after marriage), hope opportunity to get Maa's glimpse comes sooner than later .

Thanks for sharing the experience, those awesome pictures and sparking inspiration!

Quote:
Break Pad change Update:

Both the Hydraulics replaced under extended warranty, Height Adjuster lever costed Rs 64.00 and the Air Filter cover is for Rs 169.00, parts are reasonably priced.

Also brought fat branded pillows for rear seats at Rs 999.00 for a pair.

Service quality at Pandit is top notch.

Drive Details :
Pune - Ahmadnagar - Jamkhed - Patoda - Manjaersumba - Ambejogai
Return
Ambejogai - Manjersumba - patoda - Jamkhed - Ahmadnagar - Alephata -Malshej ghat- Dombivli

Pictures.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 00:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafan View Post
Brilliant writeup and congragulations on the 80,000 milestone. My Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP is now 94,000 km's young and i can vouch for its stability and rattle free ownership

Quick question on the photos to Ambejogai you posted. The photos of the mountains and single laned road between them is truly beautiful. Can you please let me know where these were taken
Thanks a lot. Have you put your ownership review on teambhp .? If not please put 94000 kms is awesome running and Fiats are reliable especially post 2012 cars, They are taking some serious efforts to improve Service and its on par with others.

The picture i took is between Jamkhed and Ahmadnagar, there is a small ghat on Maharashtra State highway 55. And other pictures are of Malshej ghat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Carrying desire to visit Ambejogai (our Kul Devi) since quite sometime (last visited in 2002 after marriage), hope opportunity to get Maa's glimpse comes sooner than later .

Thanks for sharing the experience, those awesome pictures and sparking inspiration!
Thanks its my native place, the temple has changed a lot nice place, even the roads have improved a lot.

Attaching Few more pics .
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7787.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7783.jpg  

Fiat Punto 90 HP Sports: My Companion. Now, 80000 kms completed!-dsc_7776.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote