Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th October 2015, 08:38   #46
BHPian

Default Skoda Superb - Bitter overall experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Fortunately Team Bhp has the memory of an elephant.

An advice by dkaile to you on 5th July 2013:

"This seems like a badly maintained car and subject to its owners apathy and mistreatment. If you have not made the payment yet, I would advise you to still back out from the deal."

Point made. Sometimes knowing that the car is in warranty can give you a false sense of assurance. Now maybe people can stop rubbing salt to his wounds.

Last edited by vinj14 : 13th October 2015 at 08:40.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 09:24   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Superb - Bitter overall experience

Hi VeyronSuperSprt thanks for reminding, but would also recommend that you read that thread and my response to that post. You can refer to the link below

Skoda Superb repair Costs (Skoda Superb Repair Costs)

This was not a thread on whether to buy the car or no, that was a thread on the Repair costs involved after the car was purchased.

Anyways coming back to updates:
Yesterday i gave the car again for analysis as per their request, by evening the update i got was that they had finished all the analysis of the powerloom and harness and had sent the same to SKODA, but they need one more day just in case SKODA people ask for some more information then they will need the car in the workshop to provide the info.

So waiting for their response.

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 13th October 2015 at 09:25. Reason: added clarification
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 10:07   #48
BANNED

Hi Jinu,

Some points:

1. Take up replacement of parts under goodwill warranty with the Area Service Manager - not with JMD. Inform him that you've changed 4 sensors already and put across any other bits of information that would help.

2. Goodwill warranties are given up to 1 - 1.5 years after extended warranty is over. Depending on how well you put across the points , they can waive anything from 50-100%. Take a shot at it.

3. Parts changed carry a 1 year warranty from date of fitment regardless of the existence of extended warranty.

Best of luck.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:38   #49
BHPian

Thanks Veyron, I think thats what they are trying to do, get the ABS replaced under goodwill warranty. Also Skoda genuine parts carry a 2 year warranty which makes it very important to check the bill and ensure that the part replaced is OEM and not local. This is clearly mentioned in the bill .
Old 13th October 2015, 20:08   #50
BHPian

Hi Jinu,

Really sad to hear about your experience - the thought goes through my minds as among other members who were considering on a VW stable car I'm sure - there but for the grace of God go I .

Though your experience will certainly give others food for thought before jumping in for Skoda .

Hope you get it resolved soon.
Nariman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 11:58   #51
BHPian

Very to sad to hear your horrifying experience. Forget enjoying the experience with owning the car, the level of frustration is something which cannot be expressed, the disppointment of having invested hard earned money in a car like this is unfathomable.

I have personally heard such horrifying experience with authorised service centers from my friends. No wonder people who have burnt their hands wouldn't want to own a Skoda or VW or Audi though they are good cars to drive.

My thoughts - I would suggest you to get rid of this car instead of wasting more time and money on this car, its not worth it. Ask yourself is it worth all this hassle(dont mind me suggesting).

Last edited by Sunsh!nes : 16th October 2015 at 12:00. Reason: editing post for better understanding
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 12:08   #52
BHPian

Update

After keeping the car in the workshop for so long JMD, Bhandup called me yesterday morning to inform me that SKODA has rejected the request for free replacement of ABS and that it has to be paid for. They did not provide any explanation. The price quoted for replacing the ABS was Rs. 1,36,293 (just the part cost) labor charges additional

Following this i tried calling Ryan Pimenta - Area Service manager, Skoda. As per the mail from customer service i was supposed to reach out to him if i had any issues. he cut my call and sent a message saying he could not take the call and to send a message.

I sent him an SMS yesterday morning telling him about the issue and asking him to call back when he was free. No response as yet.

It amazes me how a company can be so customer unfriendly.
jinu_joseph is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 13:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

If you going to retain this car i would suggest trying to source parts from places like CST Kurla road etc. Expecting Skoda to help here is like
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 14:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post

It amazes me how a company can be so customer unfriendly.
The complete line should be "It amazes me how a company can remain so customer unfriendly after dropping to the nadir of the sales chart due to long term perceived customer unfriendliness at the first place".

Boss, you have got guts and patience.
Can't the ABS unit be disabled and let it sit there without interfering with braking?
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 16:39   #55
BHPian

Well good news guys, just got a call from Skoda Service center JMD. They have been asked by the SKODA to call back my car and get the ABS fixed at no cost.

Phew what a relief. Set up an appointment for Wednesday next.

So i guess persistent complaining helps.
jinu_joseph is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 16:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Update

After keeping the car in the workshop for so long ........The price quoted for replacing the ABS was Rs. 1,36,293 (just the part cost) labor charges additional .
Wow! Even assuming Baleno has an lower end (Is there such a thing?) ABS, how did Maruti manage to give ABS+EDB+2 bags within 4.99 Lakhs ?
rselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 20:06   #57
BHPian

That is the miracle of localization. Volkswagen group does not seems to believe in localization as most of their parts come from Czech, Germany etc. Add shipping, import duties and margins and it becomes a deadly price. The actual import value of the unit i mentioned is only Rs. 47000 as published on the various shipping import websites.
jinu_joseph is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 20:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well good news guys, just got a call from Skoda Service center JMD. They have been asked by the SKODA to call back my car and get the ABS fixed at no cost.

Phew what a relief. Set up an appointment for Wednesday next.

So i guess persistent complaining helps.
This is nothing short of a miracle Jinu. You are a very lucky man. Probably the luckiest Skoda owner (with warranty issues) on this forum.

If you prayed to the Almighty with the quote "agar aisa ho gaya to 100 nariyal chadhaunga" or something similar, now is the time keep your end of the bargain., before He changes his mind.

Good luck & best regards.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 20:58   #59
BHPian

Jinu,

This is probably a good time to purchase the Ross-Tech/VCDS software and the cable so that you can always have a upper hand while the SA's diagnose the vehicle with non existent problems and rake up the service bills.

You can also enable cool tech which is disabled by the Skoda India Factory.
Manoj2268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 09:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Jinu,

This is probably a good time to purchase the Ross-Tech/VCDS software and the cable so that you can always have a upper hand while the SA's diagnose the vehicle with non existent problems and rake up the service bills.

You can also enable cool tech which is disabled by the Skoda India Factory.
I would have loved to do this and buy the VCDS cable and software but USD 350 + shipping 75 + Customs Duty is a lot of money for just diagnostics. If i had a reliable garage or atleast access to one, then this would have been a good buy. Searched around for a used one but could not find one. There are abundant fakes though running version 12 of the software.

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 28th October 2015 at 09:41. Reason: Updated cost