Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th September 2016, 22:14   #31
BHPian

Default Re: 2010 Honda Jazz - 6 years & 50,000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Dear V.Narayan,
I am glued to this thread of late because I'm on the verge of buying a used 2010 Jazz in Bangalore. Your observations and experiences make me wanna buy it more now.

Just a quick question, what tyre size would a good upgrade. I would prefer a 195 instead of the 175. Will this alter the driving dynamics of the car too much. If the steering is going to get heavier, I wouldn't mind one bit because I am used to the steering of a Ford Figo.

Coplay
Coplay, I am no expert on tyre sizes and associated performance. My instinct tells me you will be better off - the Jazz can accommodate a size bigger. The Jazz's steering is very light. So a slight heaving up will not make things difficult at all.

Where reliability is concerned I am happy to stand by my statement that of all the cars I've owned the Honda Jazz has been the most reliable. Suggest you look at Team BHP's section on pre-purchase inspection. I personally found it very useful when purchasing my Volvo XC60. Best wishes for your purchase and many happy and safe miles of motoring. - Narayan

PS: If you have questions I would be pleased to talk to the mechanics at the service centre I use and get their inputs.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 11:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Coplay, I am no expert on tyre sizes and associated performance. My instinct tells me you will be better off - the Jazz can accommodate a size bigger. The Jazz's steering is very light. So a slight heaving up will not make things difficult at all.

Where reliability is concerned I am happy to stand by my statement that of all the cars I've owned the Honda Jazz has been the most reliable. Suggest you look at Team BHP's section on pre-purchase inspection. I personally found it very useful when purchasing my Volvo XC60. Best wishes for your purchase and many happy and safe miles of motoring. - Narayan

PS: If you have questions I would be pleased to talk to the mechanics at the service centre I use and get their inputs.
Thank you for the clarifications Sir.
I will definitely look at the pre-purchase inspection article/document here before inspecting cars.
Also, thanks a lot for offering to talk to mechanics for inputs. Your descriptions on the thread are more than enough for any prospective buyer. I will alo get the vehicle thoroughly checked by a Honda SC before making a purchase.

Cheers,
Coplay
Coplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 16:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Thank you for the clarifications Sir.
Also, thanks a lot for offering to talk to mechanics for inputs.

Cheers,
Coplay
Coplay, I am sure you have read this thread on Team BHP but including it here as it specifically addresses your question.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-thread-4.html (Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

The service engineer said if the car is out of warranty up-wheeling to 195 is not a problem. If still under warranty there is a risk Honda will negate it. Let us know what your final purchase is.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 07:10   #34
BHPian

Narayan Sir,

Thank you so much for penning down the long term ownership of this beautiful car. I've just begun search for my second car, and although I thought I really had two choices (Ertiga & BRV), some re-think is suggesting I may be better off acquiring a second hatch. Jazz is a car that I've never been able to get off my mind ever since its original launch. And having since seen it in 'Fit' avatar in the west, I just lobbed it up to my parents as an option. Their first reactions are positive. I'm chasing Dakshin Honda for a TD of the CVT variant. I'm sure the sweet agony & confusion is going to prevail for some time, before the fog clears up and my final choice reveals itself to me but I'm sure Jazz is going to be high up on the final shortlist.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 13:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Narayan Sir,

Thank you so much for penning down the long term ownership of this beautiful car. I've just begun search for my second car, and although I thought I really had two choices (Ertiga & BRV), some re-think is suggesting I may be better off acquiring a second hatch.....I just lobbed it up to my parents as an option. Their first reactions are positive......but I'm sure Jazz is going to be high up on the final shortlist.
Dear Prashkul, I am glad you found my article useful. All the best with your search. Let us know what you settle on and why with pictures. If you have your parents in mind for the 2nd hatchback then the higher seat level of the Jazz will be something they might appreciate. It makes sitting down & getting up easier for folks who are older or heavier. That was one factor on my mind when the Jazz was purchased as my elders are on the other side of 85. Best of luck and thank you for your kind words. Regards, Narayan

Last edited by V.Narayan : 15th October 2016 at 13:40.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote