Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
The SX4 D Zdi. I am planning to take it to the service center today or tomorrow. Fuel economy and low speed performance is fine. Need to get it thoroughly checked. Thanks for the reply.
Did you observe power loss when SVS light was on? How many kms have you run and what about EGR cleaning?
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 08:56   #32
BHPian
 
gatham.psb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/San Jose
Posts: 42
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you observe power loss when SVS light was on? How many kms have you run and what about EGR cleaning?
There was a slight power loss. Felt like the turbo was not kicking in at all. I shut down the engine and then started again, everything was back to normal. Spoke to the technician as the MASS and he asked me to figure our under what conditions the SVS light switches on so that he can reproduce the same. Today i tried accelerating to 80 kmph+ and saw no issues. I was logging data and found that the peak boost value is around 20 psi while i thought the max was 18.9 psi. As far as my experience with my STI is concerned, some peak values are normal. This is when the wastegate should let the boost out. Will drive it more and get it checked during the weekend.

Car has run around 49K. EGR cleaning should have been done in the last service. I will get this checked again as we recently purchased this vehicle used. Service history is available and the car was only serviced in MASS by the prior owner. Just need to confirm once.

Last edited by gatham.psb : 20th April 2016 at 08:58. Reason: Add more details regarding the question
gatham.psb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 09:09   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
There was a slight power loss. Felt like the turbo was not kicking in at all. I shut down the engine and then started again, everything was back to normal. Spoke to the technician as the MASS and he asked me to figure our under what conditions the SVS light switches on so that he can reproduce the same. Today i tried accelerating to 80 kmph+ and saw no issues. I was logging data and found that the peak boost value is around 20 psi while i thought the max was 18.9 psi. As far as my experience with my STI is concerned, some peak values are normal. This is when the wastegate should let the boost out. Will drive it more and get it checked during the weekend.

Car has run around 49K. EGR cleaning should have been done in the last service. I will get this checked again as we recently purchased this vehicle used. Service history is available and the car was only serviced in MASS by the prior owner. Just need to confirm once.
I had similar problem and turbo was replaced under warranty. But my car used to go into limp mode after SVS light. Error code showed turbo boost high.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 00:40   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Brake Pads
My present set of brake pads have given up in 10k kms. What would be the reason for this short life? I have observed scratch marks/uneven surface on brake discs. Would it lead to reduced brake pad life? Should I change the discs or send it to lathe for facing?
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:57   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Kat Kat sound from Rear Suspension

My car has run 1.1 lakh KM now. I have observed kat kat sound from rear suspension while driving on bad roads. Similar sound was present from front and I had got left side front lower arm replaced. I hope it's some bush gone kaput.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 15:13   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
There was a slight power loss. Felt like the turbo was not kicking in at all. I shut down the engine and then started again, everything was back to normal. Spoke to the technician as the MASS and he asked me to figure our under what conditions the SVS light switches on so that he can reproduce the same. Today i tried accelerating to 80 kmph+ and saw no issues. I was logging data and found that the peak boost value is around 20 psi while i thought the max was 18.9 psi. As far as my experience with my STI is concerned, some peak values are normal. This is when the wastegate should let the boost out. Will drive it more and get it checked during the weekend.

Car has run around 49K. EGR cleaning should have been done in the last service. I will get this checked again as we recently purchased this vehicle used. Service history is available and the car was only serviced in MASS by the prior owner. Just need to confirm once.
Hello.

Any update on your car buddy? Did you opt for EGR cleaning?
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 02:26   #37
BHPian
 
gatham.psb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/San Jose
Posts: 42
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello.

Any update on your car buddy? Did you opt for EGR cleaning?
As suspected, it was the turbo. After a couple of tries, we were able to log the p0243 error code. Once the new turbo was installed, the car was driving fine hitting triple digits easily. However, there is still a issue of intermittent power loss with no warning lights. This happens only at accelerating at very high speeds and easing the throttle in case of overtaking etc. Searched the forum and online and see that this is a common problem with the 90bhp engines. Since this happens at very high speeds, didn't really give attention to this.
gatham.psb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 10:17   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
As suspected, it was the turbo. After a couple of tries, we were able to log the p0243 error code. Once the new turbo was installed, the car was driving fine hitting triple digits easily. However, there is still a issue of intermittent power loss with no warning lights. This happens only at accelerating at very high speeds and easing the throttle in case of overtaking etc. Searched the forum and online and see that this is a common problem with the 90bhp engines. Since this happens at very high speeds, didn't really give attention to this.
My SX4 also had exactly same issues. P0243 code and turbo replacement was done under warranty. Intermittent power loss issue without any error code could never be solved. But I have not faced this issue in last 15K KM post Wolf remap. EGR is switched off in map. I guess EGR is the culprit for Intermittent power loss.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 13:59   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Brake pad wear indicator was broken and was making noise. I got new brake pads and also did brake disc facing because brake disc had few scratches. Facing costed 500 rs and got after market brake pads for 1200 Rs.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 19:35   #40
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 448
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Brake pad wear indicator was broken and was making noise. I got new brake pads and also did brake disc facing because brake disc had few scratches. Facing costed 500 rs and got after market brake pads for 1200 Rs.
Is there a Brake Pad wear indicator in Sx4? I have never seen one in my Sx4 Doctor! I have never seen any wiring attached to Brake pads.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 20:36   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Is there a Brake Pad wear indicator in Sx4? I have never seen one in my Sx4 Doctor! I have never seen any wiring attached to Brake pads.
It's a metal strip which would make sound when brake pads are almost worn out. My brake pads were almost worn out, but that metal strip was broken and stuck in between leading to sound.
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 22:42   #42
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 448
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's a metal strip which would make sound when brake pads are almost worn out. My brake pads were almost worn out, but that metal strip was broken and stuck in between leading to sound.
Doctor, how are the aftermarket brake pads, I also need to get one. The MGP are about Rs 2,200. How about the rear drum brake drum shoes, have you changed them till now? My car has done about 60k, only once I have changed the disc pads.
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2016, 23:20   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Doctor, how are the aftermarket brake pads, I also need to get one. The MGP are about Rs 2,200. How about the rear drum brake drum shoes, have you changed them till now? My car has done about 60k, only once I have changed the disc pads.
This is my 2nd set of aftermarket brake pads. It is quite good. I don't find any significant difference between MGP and aftermarket brake pads. I do not have pics of brake pads (forgot to click before I installed). I will post few pics of the box
Attached Thumbnails
My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics-img20160706wa0020.jpg  

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics-img20160706wa0021.jpg  

My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics-img20160706wa0022.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 10:13   #44
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 448
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is my 2nd set of aftermarket brake pads. It is quite good. I don't find any significant difference between MGP and aftermarket brake pads. I do not have pics of brake pads (forgot to click before I installed). I will post few pics of the box
Many thanks Naren! How about the rear brake shoe? Have you ever replaced them? My car has done about 60K, planning to get them replaced now, along with the brake pads.

B/w, the brake bite of Sx4, is just fabulous.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 10:22   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,156
Thanked: 3,663 Times
Default re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Many thanks Naren! How about the rear brake shoe? Have you ever replaced them? My car has done about 60K, planning to get them replaced now, along with the brake pads.

B/w, the brake bite of Sx4, is just fabulous.
I have never replaced rear brake drums. SA said rear brake liner is almost worn out. There is little squeaking noise while braking fro rear.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 diesel: Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics! Dr.Naren Modifications & Accessories 37 20th February 2017 16:45
My first diesel hatch - Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O). Now remapped by Tune-O-Tronics Dr.Naren Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 9th August 2016 18:52
2012 Skoda Laura L&K TDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. 45,000 Kms Update lamborghini Long-Term Ownership Reviews 44 4th July 2016 18:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks