1. Lower gear synchroniser rings are replaced

2. Oil sump packing leakage fixed by bonding

3. Rear bumper dent removal and painting

4. New gear knob from Ciaz

Total bill was 10,500 Rs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello Team,
I have run 1.01 lakhs now. There was oil leak in left front and rear shock absorbers. Today I changed all 4 shock absorbers. I had bought TRW shocks online. I got it installed from MASS. Car feels more stiffer now and handling is slightly improved with little compromise on low speed ride quality.

Also I noticed very minor wheel bearing noise. It turned out to be rear left bearing. To my shock, bearing is integrated with hub and ABS sensors which comes as an unit and costs 13k. I have postponed wheel bearing replacement for now.

Rear wheel bearing assembly
Attachment 1490102
Hi DrNaren, I have been following your ownership for quite a while now. Now I need your guidance.
I have an SX4 ZDI 2011 that I purchased in 2016. Car now needing front suspension overhaul and car has run about 80K. I could see oil leakage in one shock only for now.

If I choose Talbros arms and TRE shocks. Should it suffice well as SGP arm is way to expensive. 6K. ? How was your experience with the above set-up. Should I stick to change the whole set-up for smooth feel or change only 01 shock for now ?

Also, can I go for Swift lower arms and SX4 MGP shocks that could be economical affair.

Please enlighten on spring set change also.

I like the idea of CIAZ gearknob. Will get it done soon.

Car was lifted few days back at MASS they mentioned slight crack in engine mount toward the underbody ?

Twice MGP has fixed my gear box seepage but it’s back again. Any advise on this front ?

Front Seat-belts are not retracting back completely. Any suggestions on increasing the lubrication.

There is slight rust building on spare tyre box in the boot. Car’s underbodyhas been done recently with 3 coats.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th February 2018 at 04:25. Reason: Trimmed long quoted post.
Harry1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 19:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1981 View Post
I have an SX4 ZDI 2011 that I purchased in 2016. Car now needing front suspension overhaul and car has run about 80K. I could see oil leakage in one shock only for now.
Please change the shock which is leaking. Go with OE shock itself. I think they are Gabriel make.

Quote:
If I choose Talbros arms and TRE shocks. Should it suffice well as SGP arm is way to expensive. 6K. ? How was your experience with the above set-up. Should I stick to change the whole set-up for smooth feel or change only 01 shock for now ?
SGP lower arm for SX4 is too expensive. I have installed Talbros and happy with it. But I am not happy with TRW shocks, they started leaking within 10k kms. I would say stick to OE shocks.

Quote:
I like the idea of CIAZ gearknob. Will get it done soon.
Nice. It's an easy fit.

Quote:
Twice MGP has fixed my gear box seepage but itís back again. Any advise on this front ?
I too have leak from gearbox. It has been fixed temporarily by applying M seal.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:15   #78
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics

Can swift lower arms be fitted on sx4? I am not very sure as they do look visually different, if someone has done this and can confirm then it would be best and economical way.
I have also replaced my gear-knob with the one that comes in ciaz, during syncro ring change the knob got cracked while trying to open and was not in stock so it was replaced with ciaz knob and it looks great too.
@Harry 1981
For the boot rust if its not too much the best would be to scrape and repaint, or you can use rust converter directly and paint over it. Recently i opened the plastic housing near the wipers and i found a lot of debris and rust, due to limited access, i have applied two coats of rust converter, then sprayed it with red oxide, and finally sprayed black paint.I used can type spray paints as the place was having limited access and with the pressure in the can i could cover entire portion well.I would suggest you look in to this area as well as it is prone to rust. I would follow the same route for the spare wheel boot area this weekend.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote