Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st December 2016, 00:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Video: Why a 16-year old Maruti 800 is my daily driver

Lovely review buddy!!

Maruti 800 would be always special to me. I learnt driving in this car and happy to say that the car is still running well. We have a 1989 model and has run 4 lakh KM in 27 years. Engine was overhauled twice and running strong now. I hardly drive the car now. Dad runs the car daily for a 10 KM trip .
Attached Thumbnails
Video: Why a 16-year old Maruti 800 is my daily driver-img20161201wa0000.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 11:32   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Video: Why a 16-year old Maruti 800 is my daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
My city runabout too. (M800 5 speed).
If only it had a better AC.
Mine came with brake booster, and heater.
Its always pleasure to know there are many more hidden experienced 5 speed users. Felt mine was sufficient though, i think it was serviced just before it was sold to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Fact which confounded others:-
Went to but a Alto VX, (in lieu of the Zen which was my city runabout then), ended up buying the M800, 5 speed.
It's a no non-sense choice for us, but somehow it always confounds others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Great review dude! Makes me want to buy it. That is the sign of a great review. Being born in the 80's , the M800 was always an aspirational car during those days.

The lightweight and the direct steering, the plaint ride, the compact size, all were its USPs in its era. It will always be an icon, the Beetle of India, the car that put India on wheels.
Thank you, it means lots to me.
It will be an icon, the legendary car that moved India.
And to drive a car with such history is a totally different feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Lovely review buddy!!

Maruti 800 would be always special to me. I learnt driving in this car and happy to say that the car is still running well. We have a 1989 model and has run 4 lakh KM in 27 years. Engine was overhauled twice and running strong now. I hardly drive the car now. Dad runs the car daily for a 10 KM trip .
Thank you so much.

It's those stories which made me buy the 800.
And everybody have one because at some point in their life 800 has been the mode of transportation to be in. Aspirational yet affordable.
Yours look lovely in white.
johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote