Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 11th November 2009, 09:50   #376
Senior - BHPian

Does it looks like 3 years older BEAST, not to me

Congratulations on maintaining the beast at it's best, Hella looks great. A guy like me can only dream to maintain car in such manner. May be I should look out lighter shades of color for my next car too

Congrats once again.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:43   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Suman da, Safari looks pretty with the Hella. looks like it has come of age in all these 72K kms thanks to your maintenance and now it is ready to go anywhere you take it.
Thanks Abhi! I only wish I could take it out of town more frequently! 72k on the odo &, of that, only 5k odd perhaps outside the NCR
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Lovely and almost spotless by Delhi standards.
There are a few nasty scratches on the LH corner of the front bumper, which is why I avoided taking pics from that angle . But, by & large, relatively scratch free, Touch Wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
Your colour choice also plays an important role.Silver colour does not age fast even with the extreme climatic conditions in Delhi.
Correct Shantanu! I keep saying this - Silver really covers up the dirt, dust, grime & muck; even in Leh when it was really filthy, it looked pretty clean.

Yes, I have a covered parking at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
A guy like me can only dream to maintain car in such manner. May be I should look out lighter shades of color for my next car too
Thanks Ashish, yes, you lived with a Black beauty, time to change colors the next time around.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:08   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Thanks Unni, I swear I just haven't been able to do justice to the capabilities of this vehicle as far as off-the-beaten-path kind of trips are concerned! It has definitely vindicated our decision to buy it though. But I do wish that TML would improve their QC - one still hears of issues with the 2.2 although its been on the market for over 2 years now. That is the only thing that prevents me from instantaneously saying that my next vehicle (as in this one's replacement) will also be a Safari. Keeping my fingers & toes crossed that things will be better by the time 2011 comes around!
you have cared and nurtured your 3.0L safari very well. amazed to see the gloss and shine even after years.

dont even dare to think of selling your 3.0L and buying a 2.2L, many know the reason why.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:10   #379
Senior - BHPian

Nicely kept Suman. Heck my 2007 3.0 has done only 35,000kms. And funnily enough, my rear left winder also packed up, but was replaced under warranty. +1 for the extended warranty. Only wish mine was a 4x4, otherwise extremely satisfied with my sweet 3.0.

Drifter
Old 12th November 2009, 10:18   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
dont even dare to think of selling your 3.0L and buying a 2.2L, many know the reason why.
Tell me about it Amit - no question of selling this one till the extended warranty is over in October 2010. What then? Let's see
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Nicely kept Suman. extremely satisfied with my sweet 3.0.
Thanks man, I can understand your sentiments completely!
Old 12th November 2009, 10:48   #381
Team-BHP Support

Suman, do you maintain a sheet like me which has kms/date/cost of visit to TASC etc., details.
I am curious to see other safari owners maintenance costs
Old 12th November 2009, 10:52   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Suman, do you maintain a sheet like me which has kms/date/cost of visit to TASC etc., details.
I am curious to see other safari owners maintenance costs
I have a complete record - need to update the last couple of visits & I'll share the information thereafter.

Last edited by suman : 12th November 2009 at 10:55.
Old 15th November 2009, 04:33   #383
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hi Suman,

I really appreciate the fact that you update your LTOR thread regularly,
Thanks for the effort put in. Someday I also hope to tame the beast.

May we also have pics of the Hella's with the High beam, low beam and hella's individually.

Thanks again.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:41   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
May we also have pics of the Hella's with the High beam, low beam and hella's individually.
(Sigghhhhh).....trust me mate, that's been on my agenda for a while but just haven't been able to get down to it! When its evening time & I'm driving home, I don't have the camera with me (cell phone pics will not do justice to the beams). When I'm home & I have the Camera (on weekends), feel too lazy to drive out somewhere just to click pics.

A vicious cycle, I tell ya....but I will do the honors soon.

UPDATE - Headlamp bulbs have been changed to Osram Nightbreakers. Awesome in the dark stretches on my daily commute, they literally turn night into day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they last as I've heard that they have a short life. Fancy packing as well :
Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen!-picture-043.jpg
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:21   #385
BHPian

Great review.

How much did the headlight bulbs cost you? Also, is it required to change/alter the wiring?
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:18   #386
Senior - BHPian

I can't figure out from the packing whether it's H4 or H7. (Depending on the type, I can plan a set for my car as well, except that I shall need four of them ). Is type "1G" a different type altogether?
Old 3rd December 2009, 04:15   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't figure out from the packing whether it's H4 or H7. (Depending on the type, I can plan a set for my car as well, except that I shall need four of them ). Is type "1G" a different type altogether?
Its written in Bold letters on top left corner H4
and 4 will provide amazing lighting isnt it.
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:36   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Been a while since the last update so here goes. What's been happening?
  • Hella Rallye 700FFs fitted end September - a very useful gift from my better half. Lamps mounted directly on the bumper & they're really helping as a supplemental light source. Cost 4,950 for the pair (inclusive of fitting etc)
  • 3 way changeover switch fitted for the Fiamm horns - now they operate from the horn button on the steering
  • The Beast completed Three Years with the family on 19th October - seems like yesterday & I think we've all enjoyed the experience, particularly the journey to Leh & back.
  • 70k kms service completed (was late for this one) - front anti-roll bar bushes & block were changed. This was to get rid of the irritating "kwon-kwon" sound every time the car went over a gently undulating speed breaker
  • The following items were diagnosed as requiring a change but since I wanted the car back on the same day (and also because the Anti roll bar was not in stock) it was postponed to the week after & done at odo reading 71.7k kms -
    • Rear Brake Drums & Shoes
    • Rear Anti Roll Bar
    • Front Steering Damper
    • Rear Wheel Cylinders (both changed under Extended Warranty)
  • The left rear window was acting lethargic when I was leaving the workshop, was diagnosed as the Winder needing replacement. Again, was not in stock, arrived last Monday - finally found time to take the Beast on Friday afternoon and got it fixed. Under Extended Warranty, as I'd mentioned earlier (when the right one had packed up), its an expensive item, costing 4.3k including Labour!
  • The Low Beam of the LHS Osram Silverstar +50% packed up last week. Explored a few options & am now waiting for Osram Nightbreaker to arrive (my accessories guy had Philips Xtreme-power in stock but they were horrendously expensive), have fitted back the stock Philips H4s in the mean while.
Got my lazy driver to Shampoo The Beast last Saturday - it was long overdue! As of this morning, its completed 72,364 kms. The Beast has got scratched in a few places in our NCR traffic - nothing major but as my wife was remarking the other day, not as spotless as before. Here are few clicks from yesterday afternoon (also showcasing the fog lamps), now tell me honestly - well maintained for a three year old eh????
It's being a quite time that i have seen a well maintained 3.0 DICOR both in my city and TASC.

I am also planning for the Hella lamps. But, there is one confusion should i go for:
1) Hella Pencil beam light's(due to their long throw)
or
2)Those you have fitted are good enough.

Last edited by mercedised : 3rd December 2009 at 08:37.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:55   #389
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey Suman,

That's one hell of a maintained car to see in Delhi. Congratulations

Can you please let us know from which place and at what price did you buy these Osram bulbs ?

Last I remember Tanveer told that these bulbs were available in Karol Bagh some where at authorized dealer. I also want them for my Getz.

Thanks
Naman
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:46   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, you will need 2 H4. They go in your main beams.
Fog lamps do not have high/low and are usually H3(most common), followed by H7
Since throw of fog lamps is minimal, ordinary ones will do over there.
Closed Thread