Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th October 2017, 10:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Now we know where from this Corolla gets all the 'low-end torque'; blessed by power lines]
Lovely pics! Where is this location?

Btw, Suhas sir, do you conduct photo sessions of desi models too?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Where is this location?
Hinjawadi, Phase 3.
Quote:
do you conduct photo sessions of desi models too?
Why not, when is Scout available?
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Why not, when is Scout available?
She is available whenever I am, i.e. every weekend Will ping you as soon as I get the annual detailing done; just waiting for the rains to stop!

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: Sorry for hijacking your thread, Asit!
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 00:02   #49
BHPian

Update-

The ODO is nearing the 83k kms mark(80kms more to go). This month the Corolla has run less because my brother had his vacations and he was in Bahrain so I was using the Nano since the last 15-18 days+ no outstation trips. The LED bulbs installed were initially having some alignment related issues, I had tried a few settings by adjusting it manually but it didn't feel right. Visited my local car electrician and he helped me out in setting them right. In December & January I will be taking a few road trips and then only can I give a final verdict on the reliability of these bulbs.

The high beam
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1509301746.360557.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  345.8 KB

The low beam
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1509301804.120232.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  183.5 KB

With BHPian YCJ clicking the pics
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1509301846.187068.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  265.0 KB

Aligning it in my parking
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1509301895.424368.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  221.3 KB

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 21:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
The LED bulbs installed were initially having some alignment related issues,
Asit, thanks for sharing. A question - which high beam LED bulbs did you procure and from where? I'm interested in using HB3/9005 LED bulbs for my Altis' high beam. The low beams are factory fitted HIDs. I'm looking at a plug-n-play solution.

Last edited by R2D2 : 30th October 2017 at 21:19.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 09:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Asit, thanks for sharing. A question - which high beam LED bulbs did you procure and from where? I'm interested in using HB3/9005 LED bulbs for my Altis' high beam. The low beams are factory fitted HIDs. I'm looking at a plug-n-play solution.

You can check out the Philips LED's. A fellow BHPian from Pune has been using them on his Vento since 1 year. The LED's I am using right now were ordered through aliexpress. Until now I haven't faced any issues with them but not too sure about their long term reliability. I have a few night drives planned in December. I will be sharing the details once I am sure about their reliability and durability.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 09:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
You can check out the Philips LEDs. A fellow BHPian from Pune has been using them on his Vento since 1 year
The VW Vento uses H4 IIRC which is in stock on Amazon India. Waiting for Philips LEDs to be available in the HB3/9005 model.

I have read about Chinese made parts being a little flaky, not something I'd like to risk with critical safety parts like headlamp bulbs. That said, I look forward to your review.
Old 4th November 2017, 09:53   #53
BHPian

A question to all petrol Corolla / Altis users - At what point does the temperature needle stay at in your cars during city / highway drives?

Can Purolator parts (air filter, oil filter, fuel filter) be used in the Altis and safely?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 12:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
A question to all petrol Corolla / Altis users - At what point does the temperature needle stay at in your cars during city / highway drives?

Can Purolator parts (air filter, oil filter, fuel filter) be used in the Altis and safely?

The temperature needle normally stays at the 50% mark. Will check it again when I take the car out. I am currently using a purolator oil filter.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 12:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
In the Altis the temp gauge needle remains at just about 1mm over the 2nd notch from Min/Cold. It has never shifted higher even in stop and go traffic, highway driving with or without AC.

PS - One may assume 2nd notch is the 50% mark, just like in the 9G Corolla. Here's a pic from a Pakistani website Altis 10G Instrument Cluster

Quote:
I'd recommend OEM Toyota/Denso only. Always. Use Bosch or Purolator only in an emergency and shift back to Denso ASAP.

IMO Purolator India doesn't have the same standards of quality they do overseas. You can easily discern the difference in construction quality of a Denso and the cheaply built aftermarket filters available in India.

Last edited by R2D2 : 4th November 2017 at 13:04. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 12:33   #56
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am facing an issue with driver side seat belt on my 2006 Corolla.

From the past week, I am not able to pull the seat belt and it seems it has got struck inside and just not able to pull.

Could any of you throw light if you have come across this? Should I get the entire seat belt changed or is there any repair possible.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 16:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
From the past week, I am not able to pull the seat belt and it seems it has got struck inside and just not able to pull.

Could any of you throw light if you have come across this? Should I get the entire seat belt changed or is there any repair possible.
I think you should take it to an ASC or FNG for an inspection. If it has been damaged or compromised in any manner you should replace it with an original part. Thing is, a seat belt is a life saver & I for one strongly believe there should be no compromises on safety.
Old 6th November 2017, 16:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I think you should take it to an ASC or FNG for an inspection. If it has been damaged or compromised in any manner you should replace it with an original part. Thing is, a seat belt is a life saver & I for one strongly believe there should be no compromises on safety.
Yes, thanks R2D2. Planning to take it to FNG but couldn't manage this week. In fact, i am not using car for this reason alone, I borrowed my BIL car for a outstation trip as I didn't wanted to take any chance on this.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote