Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st February 2018, 16:15   #46
Default Re: 400,000 km on my 2006 Hyundai Elantra CRDi - And going strong!

Hatsoff jonesanto!

You are truly an inspiration.

I have never seen or heard about a non T board car being maintained well and run for this much miles. I have traveled in a couple of T board Innovas one of them had 5L kms on the odo. It is one of the cabs attached to my employer and I see it running well even now.

I have a 2011 Figo Diesel myself that has done 143k kms till date. Several people including the sales and service folks at Ford dealerships have tried to scare me with so many frightening tales about Ford's 1.4 TDCi engine and the injector issues with Figo D in particular. I have never had to spend a penny on premature parts failure. My last visit to Ford service almost made me think of selling the car off as they quoted ~50k INR for clutch replacement, sorting gearbox synchro issues and 140k regular service. They even told me that the 1.4 TDCi will not last longer than 180k kms, hence it is a waste of money to service the car now and advised me to consider selling it. I was so sad after this episode and came out of the service center without servicing the car. Was in a dilemma for a week and as luck would have it I happened to meet a mechanic who sounded like knowing Fords for long and appreciating them for what they are. I left my car with him for a week to get the gearbox issues sorted out, clutch replaced, EGR cleaned and fluids and filters changed. It did not cost me even half of what the Ford guys quoted. The car drives so well after that and I intend to keep it running for as long as it can.

I also have a 2002 M800 that has run 103k kms and is rarely used these days.

Stories like yours are truly an inspiration for people like me.
hardoop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:59   #47
Default Re: 400,000 km on my 2006 Hyundai Elantra CRDi - And going strong!

Congratulations Jonesanto. Even after 12 years and 400000km, your car is in pristine condition. This shows how much you love your car and how dedicated you have been maintaining it. I hope it will hit the 500k mark before you plan to put it at rest.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   Reply With Quote