Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th December 2006, 10:36   #1

Exclamation Product Complaint:Indica V2 Petrol MPFI, LXI EII

Total Klm run Now:13300
Indica V2 Petrol MPFI, LXI EII
Chassis # 600252BUZP29980
I’d like to put forward my feedback on my car (Indica V2 Petrol MPFI, LXI EII) and the kind of service I get from my dealer. I had bought the car on 4th May 2005.
At this point of time, after using it for a year, I regret spending my money on a Tata vehicle. Within a year of purchasing the car, I had faced the following problems:

1. Jerking, misfiring - Missing in 2nd and 3rd Gear.
This is has been happening right from the first day I took the delivery. And I had reported the problem to my dealer. After the 1st service, I was told that the problem has been fixed – According to them they had cleaned the fuel pump & filter and they assured me that the problem will NOT persist. Unfortunately I faced the same problem, right from the next day of the service. The problem had been persisting ever since. Each time I bring the problem to their notice, they assure me that the problem has been taken care of, which NEVER happened. I had to carry on with the problem till last week, when suddenly the car broke down, me stranded with the vehicle, with all the humiliation. The mechanic from my dealer had come to rectify the problem. And I was told that, the jerking and the misfiring that I was facing all these months (after running 7100kms) was due to the disfigured fuel tank. This apparently had not occurred due to rash driving or banged, under side. If that was the case, then the scratches and marks would have been visible, which was NOT in this case. What I strongly believe is that, I was forced to take this defective vehicle right from the day of delivery.

The technicians took the car back to the dealers and promised to replace the fuel tank & pump, etc. This time they were pretty sure that they could provide a permanent fix. Apparently they could not. I had faced the same old problem yet again.

2) Bad smell (like H2S) and Petrol smell inside the cab (Use HP,IBP, Reliance)
3) Noisy front and Back wiper, which may lead to scratches on the window,
4) Squeaking noise on application of brakes (it is too noisy), and some kind of black liquid/ oil spread on the left side rear/ front tyre.

With reference to the problems indicated above, I have informed the dealer and the service engineer too. To my consternation, it is only the same reply I am confronted with; to bring my car back for servicing. It has been quite a number of times, I had taken my car to the dealer and I find the same problem over and over again. It is ridiculous and a great annoyance to us; since we are spending unnecessary time trying to fix the same problem, that too repeatedly.

Note:All problems existing after 3rd services.

I’m frustrated to the core. I’m very much disappointed with my dealer, Tata Motors,and the vehicle.

R o n u M a n i T h o m a s
Software Testing Engineer

Note from mod : Please open separate thread for your ownership report, do not reply to existing thread

Last edited by tsk1979 : 20th December 2006 at 13:46. Reason: Needed new thread
Ronu Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ronu Thomas, From which dealer did you buy your car ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 10:18   #3
BHPian

Default sorry to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronu Thomas View Post
Total Klm run Now:13300
Indica V2 Petrol MPFI, LXI EII
Chassis # 600252BUZP29980
Id like to put forward my feedback on my car (Indica V2 Petrol MPFI, LXI EII) and the kind of service I get from my dealer. I had bought the car on 4th May 2005.
R o n u M a n i T h o m a s
Software Testing Engineer

Note from mod : Please open separate thread for your ownership report, do not reply to existing thread
Thomas,

very sorry to hear you had to go through this. People prefer new cars over used ones so they can have hassle free running. Unfortunately some people go through the very pain they wanted to avoid.

Have you reported this fault and your experience with the specific problem to TATA motors ? If not so I'd suggest you to do so. Interestingly there is a "Customer Rights manual" on tata web page where they seem to be indicative of their responsibilities. I could not download the manual as it was causing "file not found" error.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:35   #4
BHPian

This is very unfortunate and equally frustrating.Please go to the website of Tata Motors and log in your complaint mentioning your invoice no, Chesis No. ,date of delivery,dealer's name,place etc.Moreover,contact directly your local Tata Motor's regional office.Talk to customer relationship manager.We have no info about whether your car is under company warranty or not.I assume that she is under warranty.In that case Tata will take serious action to address the problem.Do not make the mistake of fighting with the dealer.Convince the manufacturer.Remember,you have to get out of this mess.So,do not bad mouth the product when you talk to Tata people.Rather,make complaint against the dealer explaining the genesis of the problem.Deal smartly.I am sure you will come out winning.Best of luck.
Debasischatterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 20:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is your dealer Koyenco Motors? If yes, have you tried RF Motors?

If your dealer was RF, who in RF Motors were you speaking to?

The Tata Motors regional office is on the Byepass, in a building on the LHS of the road just after the Pvttm Junction when you are driving towards Edapally.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote