Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th January 2007, 19:00   #1
BHPian

Default My NHC mileage..

Hi,

I've a NHC ZX GXi which is 10 months old and clocked around 10K kms till date(9995). I used to travel between Hyderabad and Vijayawada once in every 45-60 days. I've been observing/calculation its mileage for each tank full.
In the city, I used to get around 13-14 kmpl with A/C. On highways it used to return around 18-20 kmpl with A/C. Recently in the last month(Dec06-Jan07), I travelled from Hyderabad(HYD) to Vijayawada(VJA) twice. On the 1st occasion, from Vijayawada went to Kothagudem(KTGD) and back(a distance of 320 kms) and travel within VJA(totalling about 355km). I filled the tank to the brim in VJA before leaving to KTGD and came back. Before coming back to HYD, again filled the tank to the brim. The total fuel consumption came to around 14.3 litres with a distance of 355 kms. Hence the fuel consumption came to around 24.82 kmpl. Astonished seeing the fuel efficiency. Total 3 persons in the vehicle.
In my second trip, went from HYD-KTGD-VJA-HYD. While coming back from VJA to HYD, filled the tank in VJA, and came back to HYD. After starting from VJA towards HYD, till I reached Ramoji Film City neared to HYD, the fuel needle showed full without even a slight drop. After that I dropped slightly and came below the full mark by the time I reached my home in HYD. Wondering about the fuel economy, refilled again for full and the fuel that went into the car is 9.2 litres for full tank with a distance of 288kms from VJA to HYD. Hence the fuel economy is 288/9.2 = 31.3 kmpl. I'm the only person in the vehicle this time.
I found myself astonished. Just wanted to post this on this forum. This time I travelled on 15th Jan from VJA-HYD and the NH9 is with very little traffic and I constantly maintained between 2.5K-3.0K rpm.
Note : I used to refill the tank in such a way that very little petrol/no petrol goes inside after shaking the vehicle.

Guys, pl. share your toughts on this.

Thanks
Ramesh Chandra

PS : Moderators : I've posted this again as I haven't seen the 1st one for quite a long time after posting nearly 1-1.5 hrs...
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 20:05   #2
BHPian

Don't know about the FE and NHC, since I have not even hear this kind of numbers. For sure you seem like a lucky man. At the moment I can only dream of such numbers.

1. Have you checked for calculation mistakes (sorry to be asking you, but 31+ KMPL is an unbelievable FE) ?

2. Is it like one of those rare Hero Honda bikes that used to give 100+ KMPL ?

3. Please share with us your driving habits, may be there is some thing in there. What were the peak speeds, gear changes, ....
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 20:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah what speed did your drove on highways & what speeds in city. Do you up shift frequently?

Neverthesless the mileage seem extremely good & lucky you if the car is indeed giving such figures.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 22:46   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Hi,

I've a NHC ZX GXi which is 10 months old and clocked around 10K kms till date(9995). ...
You mentioned that your NHC has already done 9995 kms. So its about the time you are going to get it for 10K service now.

Arent you worried, what if after service, these figures dont come back?

Well dont be, I am sure about these figures.

The good thing is that you can probably tell others about the speeds and RPM you push your car in all different gears to... and also the maximum speeds you drive even on a all vacant road/highway..

The other major factor what I feel is that you have got the most surprising average when you were alone in the car. I dont think there was any weight or any heavier bags with you becasue more the weight, lesser the average!

I get an average of ~22 on my V2 DLS and I give credit to the fact that I constantly manage to keep my speeds at around 60 and the RPM always below 3000

But then too, Its really great to know about yours...

Keep writing...
Mendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 10:15   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well its unbelievable but not impossible.if you are on a highway and like you said ,you dont go above 3000rpm then your speed on the highway is around 80-90kmph in the 5th gear.
though 31 seems a bit unrealistic.you might have made a calculation rror somewhere.
the fiesta diesel at constant 60kmph speed gave an avg of 31kmpl.
im not doubting you but just requesting you to cross check.have achieved a 20kmpl avg on my nhc vtec.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 10:40   #6
BHPian

Do you stop fueling after auto cut off or top off even after that ? Its possible you topped off fuel before journey and stopped at auto off after the journey. That makes a lot of difference.
Old 18th January 2007, 17:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Do you stop fueling after auto cut off or top off even after that ? Its possible you topped off fuel before journey and stopped at auto off after the journey. That makes a lot of difference.
I always follow a consistent procedure - Filling the fuel even after auto-cut off i.e., till such a point where very little fuel or no fuel goes inside. When they remove the fuel pump, I can see the fuel inside above the automatic lid(this opens up when the pump is inserted and closes when it is removed) and after shaking the vehicle, it goes inside very very slowly.

Even if, say it accomodates some more petrol, say upto 10 litres(as per my original mail, it is 9.2), even then the mileage is 288/10 = 28.8 kmpl.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 22:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

I too have heard of similar figures from my uncle whose NHC is over a year old now. During trips from Chennai - Tirupati his car averaged 25kmpl. Hence this is no surprise for me. Hondas are known for their fuel efficiency arent they ?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 22:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, what can you say? this is the kind of FE that Honda claimed when the car was introduced. now it is real.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 15:59   #10
Team-BHP Support

Cool Your a lucky man

This piece of news if true is astounding. Ram, your one lucky man- diesel cars also cannot dream of such mileage

Have you checked for any malfunction in either your fuel indicator or fuel pump??

Btw, I have a problem related to above, thats why mentioning about it, read here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...eter-prob.html (Accent Viva CRDi Fuel meter prob.)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 17:44   #11
BHPian

Last week I travelled (13/1/2007) to my native place in my NHC. Due to festival holidays, there is lot of traffic on the highway. There are 4 audults and a child with around 60kgs of luggage. I constantly maintained 80kmph where ever it is possible. After travelling 320kms I refilled the tank upto brim which took 12.43 ltrs giving me FE 25.74 (without AC).
narasimha raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 15:33   #12
BHPian

Default Congratulations!

Dear VVR,

Your reported FE of the NHC is truly marvellous..I will taking the delivery of my NHC later this week and can't wait to have FE of atleast 70% of what you are getting..!! Congratulations !!

Do share your driving style & pattern so we all can benefit..! Happy driving till we hear from you again!

Cheers
AshOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:08   #13
BHPian

NHC Gxi giving 31 kmpl, have never heard of such astonishing figures !

Other NHC owners can surely share their experience, AFAIK city avg around 13-14 and highway 18-19 is the max I have heard from friends.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 22:45   #14
BHPian

VVR, do you continue to get such FE even after service ? Please update.
Old 14th March 2007, 22:13   #15

Took my NHC GXi in Jan this year ..... 4000 kms done so far ...... city conditions FE (mixture of AC and without AC) is 15.5 kmpl ..... using premium fuel .... this is after 1st free service
unknown_entity is offline   Reply With Quote