Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th April 2007, 17:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The 35k service is due next month and amongst other things the brake pads are due for a change.
Ok Dippy a word of advice for you. If your car is not under warranty/extended warranty I would say don't get the brake pad change done from Linkway. They'll charge you 3.6k for a set of front pads whereas you can get the exact same genuine parts for about 2-2.1k from outside. Believe me I do this everytime & the extra 1.5k is not worth being paid to Honda's pocket.

Also do get the discs skimmed on a lathe when fitting new pads. Of course, if your car is still under warranty then this is of no use to you.

Quote:
I'm not doing any mods but I plan to fit the tail pipes of the OHC Vtec onto my car. No performance gains but it looks great.
You know where to get that from right?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 17:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Rush, you still got your VTEC rims kya?
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 21:58   #18
BHPian

dude ill be back by 8th or so lemme know if you need b-pads from here..as ishan put it dont waste time on linkway..however it also depends on comfortability on your end.So eventually you can decide.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Next service coming up. What is the retail on a set of brakepads for the OHC? Plan to buy them and get them fitted myself not at the the Honda dealer
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dippy... nice car.... i bought a OHC 1.3...type 1 a 99 model...almost 7months back.... and am loving her
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the retail on a set of brakepads for the OHC? Plan to buy them and get them fitted myself not at the the Honda dealer
Honda prices are 3.6k per set. Market prices are around 2-2.2k for the same, maybe lower. Also when you get them fitted get your discs "faced" to ensure there is no judder from mild disc unevenness.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Honda prices are 3.6k per set. Market prices are around 2-2.2k for the same, maybe lower. Also when you get them fitted get your discs "faced" to ensure there is no judder from mild disc unevenness.
Before facing please check what is the tolerence limit from HONDA for the thickness of the dics.. If facing is going to reduce it a lot then just skim the uneveness because sometimes these workshop guyz will completely flatten both the sides and give u the disc which reduces the thickness drastically.

Cheerss
EVO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:27   #23
BANNED

Dippy,

Can make you a very good offer. If you want you can take my entire front brake set of cross drilled rotors and after market performance pads which have more than 60-70 % life left in them. I dont need them as I have upgraded to Wilwoods.

Also you can take my skirting kit as well.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Before facing please check what is the tolerence limit from HONDA for the thickness of the dics..
Excellent point Bhushan! Forgot to mention that earlier.

Dippy - In case the disc's thickness is beyind tolerance for facing have them replace since now they only cost 2.4k for a pair! I'm having the front discs changed in the current suspension revamp going on my car.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:28   #25
BHPian

15 kmpl is normal for ohc at. I have a type 1 ohc at. i get 15kmpl (with AC) pune-bby almost very weekend. avg speed 90kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Very nice review @Dippy. Car looks very well maintained too.
What speeds did you do during your Pune drive ? 15kmpl is pretty impressive.
vinodbijlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 12:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

yae OHC FE rocks!! recently had been on a long drive.. covered almost 1200kms...which had winding roads...ghats......average speed about 90kmph...got about 17kmpl....am loving it
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 12:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbijlani View Post
15 kmpl is normal for ohc at. I have a type 1 ohc at. i get 15kmpl (with AC) pune-bby almost very weekend. avg speed 90kph.
i manage to do only 400kms in full tank of 40litres in city with ac on. how are u ppl driving. i dont even put it in S mode but still nothing above 10 or 11 max.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 21:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

The AT is a 4 speed one, right? What rpm do you do in top gear at 100 kmph?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 23:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i manage to do only 400kms in full tank of 40litres in city with ac on. how are u ppl driving. i dont even put it in S mode but still nothing above 10 or 11 max.
I think he's quoting the figures for his Bombay-Pune Expressway runs. there is no way he can average 90kmph in Bombay!
Old 1st October 2007, 15:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Honda OHC AT One year on....

Time does fly fast. One year ago this day the 1st of October '06, I brought my OHC home. It has been with me for a year now and has been a blast. I have driven it for 16,000 kms till now so thought of a small update. The car has been fantastic over the past year and the odo now stands at 40,876 kms.(it was 24k when I bought it) The 40k service is due now. The car has seen 2 trips to Pune and back and on those drives I have always got an FE between 14.5 to 15kmpl. Everyday driving in Mumbai City is giving me anywhere between 10.5 to 11 which I think is really good for an AT. No real expenses apart from the routine services. The AC resistance conked on my trip to Pune. Changing it was a 5 min job and cost just 450 bucks. And recently had a problem below the left wiper, the metal plate has rusted. Got that welded back and the cost came to 900 rupees. Bought a new body cover for it yesterday since the one that came with the car wore off. I cover my car everyday in office.

I havent done any major ICE upgrades yet but I did buy a new HU a couple of months ago which has all the capabilities to handle the hardcore subs, amps and of course IPod Control. Tyres are a good condition and I will be getting new rubber and alloys after another 5000 kms. The car overall is completely stock.

Its been a fun year overall and I'm really enjoying my Honda experience. Hope to clock in more kms this year and I really want to drive it all the way to Goa and back. Maybe I can do that sometime next year.

So thats about it till the next update.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote