Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 23:35   #91
BHPian
 
godog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DL/HR51/UP16
Posts: 137
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
80,000 kms up and quick. The car has a running of 70 to 80 kms per day. Took an appointment with Solitaire Honda and sent her in for the 80k major service. Here are the things that were done:

- Engine oil, AT Transmission oil, brake oil changed
- Brake service done
- Throttle body cleaning
- IAC valve cleaning
- New spark plugs
- Tappet cover gasket changed
- Timing belt changed
- Wheel alignment and balancing
- Fuel filter changed, K &N cleaned
- AC serviced

The total bill including labour for the major service came to around 10k. Though Honda recommends changing the timing belt at 100k kms, I got it changed anyways as a precaution at this service itself. The car feels really tight now . The problem of the rpm dipping after switching on the AC has gone after a thorough IAC valve cleaning. There was quite some carbon deposit out there.

....

Looking forward to clock the 100,000 kms mark.

Dippy, could you expand the abbreviation "IAC"?
godog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 23:38   #92
BHPian
 
jatinpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 610
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

IAC-Idle Air Control Valve.

Its a basically a servomotor which is connected to an actuator which regulates the amount of air to be allowed to enter the engine under idling conditions also when load increases under idling condition.

due usage carbon deposits tend to clog the idle air passage and also the motor shaft hence after cleaning the same idle becomes smooth and stable.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 15:38   #93
BHPian
 
ryan_wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 80,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
90,000 kms came up just over a week ago. The car completed 4 years with me on the 1st of October.

Gave the car the usual oil changes, replaced the filters. Got the whole front suspension done up with an overhaul. Total cost of parts came to around 12k. Picked up the parts myself from Shetty Motors, Opera House, Mumbai. A big thumbs up to their services. Highly recommended. The fuel pump motor conked off. Had that replaced with a Bosch one costing 1.5k. I will be doing up the rear suspension next month.

Oh yes got a nice loud horn too

Otherwise the car is running like it has to. Now a pending task is to give it an overcoat paint job.

Next update at the magical 1,00,000 kms mark
Hey Dippy,

Nice to see that you love your Honda so Much , I have a OHC1.5 too bought last year dec.I have been trying to get her upto the mark, the major problem i face now is the RPM idle issue.

Anyway i wanted to ask you from where do you plan to get the overcoat done?
ryan_wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 22:12   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
cityvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 2,570 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Dippy waiting for your 1 Lakh Update.Did your paintjob go through?
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 22:30   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hi Dippy, Happy new year. I own a 2010 Honda city Ivtec AT. I wanted to know if u keep shifting from D to N or P at long traffic signals or at long Mumbai traffic jams.
Some info would really be helpful for me.
My car has clocked 20000km until now. And I plan to keep my car for as long as it lasts, so I would like to correct my driving pattern if its wrong for Indian conditions. Thankx bro. Some advice would really be appreciated. .:-)
abhijitnallani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 02:24   #96
BHPian
 
Tornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Hi Abhijit,

I am thinking of buying an automatic honda city (type 2 may be) as I am planning to move away from manual tranmsission diesel car .
whats the expected mileage of auto honda?
Howz the maintenance?
What all factors i should keep in mind when i go and inspect an automatic honda city?
How long the transmission go with out issues?
Can you throw some light on these points?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Denny

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Hi Dippy, Happy new year. I own a 2010 Honda city Ivtec AT. I wanted to know if u keep shifting from D to N or P at long traffic signals or at long Mumbai traffic jams.
Some info would really be helpful for me.
My car has clocked 20000km until now. And I plan to keep my car for as long as it lasts, so I would like to correct my driving pattern if its wrong for Indian conditions. Thankx bro. Some advice would really be appreciated. .:-)
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 13:15   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 27
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

I was recently in Gujarat. There I saw an OHC type 1 with a gas kit. Was surprised. Asked the owner as to why the conversion. Was informed to increase the mileage and also economics of running the Car.

My question is whether it is worth converting an OHC type 1 AT with 1.2l kms running to gas?
ashwin_m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 10:45   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hi Abhijit,

I am thinking of buying an automatic honda city (type 2 may be) as I am planning to move away from manual tranmsission diesel car .
whats the expected mileage of auto honda?
Howz the maintenance?
What all factors i should keep in mind when i go and inspect an automatic honda city?
How long the transmission go with out issues?
Can you throw some light on these points?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Denny
Hi, My 2010 ivtec City AT gives me around 6 to 8 kmpl in the city. I know its pretty bad, but the distance is around 5 km each way with complete bumper to bumper traffic. On the highway with speeds around 90-100km/h i get around 14.5 to 15kmpl.
The maintenance of the honda is higher. i give the car to the service centre every 3 months and the bill is usually around 3.5k to 4.5 k. The brakes wear a lot faster on the automatic. i have to change mine in the next service and i have been quoted 5k for the front discs.
I would not recommend buying a used automatic as auto gearboxes generally last much lesser than manual transmissions. Manual transmissions are quite a cakewalk to repair compared to an auto. i previously owned a used 2005 Skoda octavia diesel automatic. i had serious trouble with it. It ran absolutely fine in the city,no problem,but when out on the highways and hills the gearbox would not change gears and i would be stuck for hours waiting for the gearbox to cool down. Then it would drive fine for a couple of Kms before it would stop again. Skodas own authorized service center could not figure out the problem. So i never used to take the car outside the city because it was highly unreliable. I sold the car.
Generally Auto Boxes should last at least 100k with out any trouble. Anything more than that i would recommend changing the Transmission oil every 30k just because of our driving conditions. In india AT Boxes tend wear our much faster because of our constant bumper to bumper traffic and frequent shifts between gears.
hope i have addressed some of your concerns, do let me know if u need more info.
abhijitnallani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2013, 14:49   #99
BHPian
 
Tornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Thanks a lot for taking out your time and giving a quality input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Hi, My 2010 ivtec City AT gives me around 6 to 8 kmpl in the city. I know its pretty bad, but the distance is around 5 km each way with complete bumper to bumper traffic. On the highway with speeds around 90-100km/h i get around 14.5 to 15kmpl.
The maintenance of the honda is higher. i give the car to the service centre every 3 months and the bill is usually around 3.5k to 4.5 k. The brakes wear a lot faster on the automatic. i have to change mine in the next service and i have been quoted 5k for the front discs.
I would not recommend buying a used automatic as auto gearboxes generally last much lesser than manual transmissions. Manual transmissions are quite a cakewalk to repair compared to an auto. i previously owned a used 2005 Skoda octavia diesel automatic. i had serious trouble with it. It ran absolutely fine in the city,no problem,but when out on the highways and hills the gearbox would not change gears and i would be stuck for hours waiting for the gearbox to cool down. Then it would drive fine for a couple of Kms before it would stop again. Skodas own authorized service center could not figure out the problem. So i never used to take the car outside the city because it was highly unreliable. I sold the car.
Generally Auto Boxes should last at least 100k with out any trouble. Anything more than that i would recommend changing the Transmission oil every 30k just because of our driving conditions. In india AT Boxes tend wear our much faster because of our constant bumper to bumper traffic and frequent shifts between gears.
hope i have addressed some of your concerns, do let me know if u need more info.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3 epicenter.rulez Long-Term Ownership Reviews 150 30th May 2017 20:35
Swift Vxi 2006: Long Term Ownership Report- EDIT: 10 yr/90,000 km Update noopster Long-Term Ownership Reviews 35 20th August 2016 18:08
Long Term Ownership Report - Ford Ikon 1.6 - Now at 80,000 Kms mail4loys Long-Term Ownership Reviews 18 7th February 2011 21:46
Long Term Ownership Report - WagonR Duo Lxi - 3 Years, 35000KM Report ontheroad Long-Term Ownership Reviews 6 21st November 2009 19:05
Short Term vs Long Term Ownership, New Car vs Used Car Ownership architect The Indian Car Scene 10 9th May 2008 11:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks